Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
Stampede (VXL, xl-1, xl-5)
35.47%
Rustler (VXL, xl-1, xl-5)
64.53%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Rustler Vs. Stampede

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 11:38 PM
Always Dreamin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rustler Vs. Stampede

I currently own a stampede and have been thinking about converting to a rustler. Thats not what this is about though. I know the diffrences between the two and the ups and downs. I just want to know what everyone else thinks. Tell us your favorite of the two and why. Please don't say niether either...

Just trying to see witch of the two is more popular. I would be talking about the VXL models, but i'm sure the principal is the same with the xl-1, xl-5 and VXL models.

I understand one isn't really "better" that I can think of anyways, and that it's all just what you like.

Please vote on, durability, jumping, handling, fun, and please explain why you chose the one you did.

Always Dreamin

Just for the record, I am going to convert if my parents allow it.. I'm wating on them. Thats not why I made this thread....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13032.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	846254   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu66657.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	846255  
Old 01-09-2008, 12:18 AM
calvino

Default RE: Rustler Vs. Stampede

I voted rusty, yeah ground clearance isn't so hot, but that is what SPEED makes up for, plus it is more stable, looks better, as for that, i have no clue, but hey, if you are doin fast speeds, I think a STABLE truck woudl be better
Old 01-09-2008, 12:23 AM
Stealth_Pilot

Durability: They seem to be the same durability.

Jumping: I gotta hand it, Stampedes probably are superior when it comes to jumps.

Handling: Rustler holds this ability, it is much more stable than the Stampede, and turns much more easily.

Fun: I haven't tried the Stampede, but so far I've loved my Rustler VXL, hugging the terrain and such.

I'm definitely a Rustler fan. It's not only a good basher, but it is more stable at high speeds, and is a bit more difficult to pull wheelies (which I like). And it is a potential racing truck, since it is a Stadium Truck.

Rustler > Stampede

SP
Old 01-09-2008, 12:35 AM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: Stealth_Pilot

Durability: They seem to be the same durability.

Jumping: I gotta hand it, Stampedes probably are superior when it comes to jumps.

Handling: Rustler holds this ability, it is much more stable than the Stampede, and turns much more easily.

Fun: I haven't tried the Stampede, but so far I've loved my Rustler VXL, hugging the terrain and such.

I'm definitely a Rustler fan. It's not only a good basher, but it is more stable at high speeds, and is a bit more difficult to pull wheelies (which I like). And it is a potential racing truck, since it is a Stadium Truck.

Rustler > Stampede

SP
Agree with everything exept the jumping. IMO the rustler has more air controll then the pede.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:11 AM
mayfield

well me and my son have both. Both are great like everything, each to his own. Stampede goes more places is really fast (vxl) but not as good in air but is more controlable in dirt. rustler flies and i love it. with a few upgrades i believe you get best of both worlds. go the rustler
Old 01-09-2008, 06:44 AM
brushlessboy16

rustler, i guess the rustler is winnin 12-0
Old 01-09-2008, 09:33 AM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: Always Dreamin

I currently own a stampede and have been thinking about converting to a rustler. Thats not what this is about though. I know the diffrences between the two and the ups and downs. I just want to know what everyone else thinks. Tell us your favorite of the two and why. Please don't say niether either...

Just trying to see witch of the two is more popular. I would be talking about the VXL models, but i'm sure the principal is the same with the xl-1, xl-5 and VXL models.

I understand one isn't really "better" that I can think of anyways, and that it's all just what you like.

Please vote on, durability, jumping, handling, fun, and please explain why you chose the one you did.

Always Dreamin
You ask this question every couple of months huh? I have only drievn a Stampede so I cannot comment, but seeing as you have a T4 it seems a no brainer to me keep it a stampede. Why have 2 stadium trucks (expecially one that handles as poorly as the rustler).
Old 01-09-2008, 09:48 AM
fatkidjoey

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

Always Dreamin
You ask this question every couple of months huh? I have only drievn a Stampede so I cannot comment, but seeing as you have a T4 it seems a no brainer to me keep it a stampede. Why have 2 stadium trucks (expecially one that handles as poorly as the rustler).
lol i think he ask like every 2 weeks ........ stay with the pede b/c you will go with the rustler then wish you had the ground clearance
Old 01-09-2008, 09:59 AM
04DarkShadowGT

Ive had both and for what I do the stampede is better for me just for the extra ground clearance.

If you are running it in rough terrain or grass the stampede is better, if you are running on road or on smoother dirt surfaces the rustler is better.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:18 AM
merdon racing

has anyone used this site? are they good people to deal with/
Old 01-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Always Dreamin

I have asked before about converting, but never a poll on witch is better.... I already mentioned this wasn't about the conversion.... This is just to see what people like more.

I know the diffrences between the two as I said in my origional post. I know what they are each better for. I want to know what you personally like better.

I currently own a stampede and have been thinking about converting to a rustler. Thats not what this is about though. I know the diffrences between the two and the ups and downs. I just want to know what everyone else thinks. Tell us your favorite of the two and why.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:40 AM
04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: merdon racing

has anyone used this site? are they good people to deal with/
What site? You didnt post a link.

But if you are talking about buying, towerhobbies.com is always fast and reliable. I ahve used ultimatehobbies.com and they are cheaper than anywhere else and good service, but it takes a bit longer to get but that is more than likely due to the location of both tower and ultimate in relation to me.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:41 AM
banzaij
My Feedback: (1)

How about a Rustler, but with Stampede wheels and geared down appropriately. Wouldn't you get most of the meaningful ground clearance (tire/wheel height) and retain some stability from the chassis still being lower than the Stampede?
Old 01-09-2008, 11:43 AM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: banzaij

How about a Rustler, but with Stampede wheels and geared down appropriately. Wouldn't you get most of the meaningful ground clearance (tire/wheel height) and retain some stability from the chassis still being lower than the Stampede?
Well, If I did convert, I would use m2k's that have great ground clearence. This is just a popularity contest though...
Old 01-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Stealth_Pilot

ORIGINAL: banzaij

I did exactly that. Just some spacers on the shocks and large Talon Tires, and you got a high clearance Rustler. It's clearance is measured at 2.5in now.

But I notice it is a bit more unstable though, it could be the stiffened shocks.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:34 PM
fatkidjoey

come on dream how old are you arent you like 12 or something....... i think you sould be in school , not posting on the fourms like every 5 min

and for the record the pede is the best
Old 01-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Frozen72

My friend has a Pede and I have an Evader EXT with Masher 2000's. I HARDLY get stuck more then him, the only thing that the high center clearance give him is being able to climb over parking stoppers. That's the only advantage of the higher center clearance that we have found so far.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:39 PM
s7jstep1

i have the rustler and its pretty fun. i havent driven it very much yet but i like it a lot. i vote stampede because of the ground clearence but i would like a rusty with bigger tires more than the pede since you have the clearence but a low COG
Old 01-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: fatkidjoey

come on dream how old are you arent you like 12 or something....... i think you sould be in school , not posting on the fourms like every 5 min

and for the record the pede is the best
Thats a opinion, not a fact, and I will do whatever I want with my free time. I enjoy R/C just as much as you do.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:21 PM
RC_Basher20
My Feedback: (4)

well i cant compare my pede vs rusty because my pede has no vxl in it but.....

i would say i prefer the rustler, better handeling, faster, and you can still jump it (jsut not a lot)\

RUSTLER ALL THE WAY!
Old 01-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

My vote goes to the rustler. It handles brushless better which is what you have and is able to reach higher speeds while still being able to have some control unlike the pede which has no control whatsoever at high speeds. I also have to add that the rustler can get over anything that the pede can get over accept like siad before parking bumps. I can get over them but I have to run at it. Another positive about the rustler is the layout. The weight is spread out pretty evenly throughout the chassis unlike the pede which has almost all the weight towards the back.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:01 PM
Always Dreamin

(jsut not a lot)\
Why is that? Also, why can't you put your VXL in your stampde?
Old 01-10-2008, 12:47 AM
kavvika

I choose Rustler. Originally because it handled better and was lower than a Stampede, and I like the look of lowered trucks, but now that I have a V system, I have a hard enough time keeping my Rusty from wheelie-ing as it is.

Oh, and it absolutely flies through grass, even 3 or more inches of it. My best guess is near 40 on the street (geared 28/76 with a brand new, matched, SxS EP4200 pack) and just over 30 on grass. Thats plenty fast for me. "Ground clearance" makes no difference once you have enough power.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Always Dreamin

Looks like the rustler is much more popular.

My dad has a xl-5 rustler and I have the VXL stampede. I would like the rustler better, but since it doesn't have the VXL, my stampede is my favorite. I would
think differently if the rustler was a VXL though.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:20 PM
RC_Basher20
My Feedback: (4)

Looks like the rustler is much more popular.

My dad has a xl-5 rustler and I have the VXL stampede. I would like the rustler better, but since it doesn't have the VXL, my stampede is my favorite. I would
think differently if the rustler was a VXL though.
ask ur dad if u can throw ur vxl in his truck, then on you can see an example of both having the vxl pede and vxl rustler

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.