Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Is my auto lipo working correctly?

Old 01-11-2008, 11:00 PM
Desert RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is my auto lipo working correctly?

Ok all is well with my setup- those of you that dont know Im running FT T4 with 57KMamba and 6000 mah 2's and 3's lipo. I have my auto cutoff set on the mamba because I run in between the two packs when I go to the park or road bashing. I am still new to the the new brushless/lipo world and I just want to make sure I am not doing anything wrong......I run the pack down with no worries because I know that the Auto-cutoff is on. Today I ran the
2's lipo for 42 min...now I fiqured that the battery would run strong until the cutoff did its thing, but then the car got sluggish at the end of the run like the battery was dying quick. Not wanting to over discharge I cut the battery off and unplugged it. Now is the cut off slowly stopping the car or is the cutoff not engaging and i am actually running out of juice. I really dont want to puff a new battery. How is it susposed to act when the battery cutoff has engaged...just so I know mine is acting correctly. I am afraid to run the 3's this low just because I dont know. When the car is turned on it beeps 2 or 3 times acknowledging which battery is correctly connected. I just figured that the car would run run run until it all of sudden stops when it hits the cutoff volts by the esc. Any help to clear up my confusion would be greatly appreciated. [sm=confused.gif]
Old 01-11-2008, 11:04 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

Default RE: Is my auto lipo working correctly?

Same thing happens to me brother. He has his cutoff set to 12.6v because he's running 4s and his battery'd drop voltage and run unussually long. I did the same and unplugged the packs before they had a chance to get any lower. I am going to set the cutoff to 12.8 or 13v and seee if this will help.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:56 PM
dirt101

I ran mine at 13.1V for 4s. I never hit cut-off most of the time because 6400mah last a LONG time. I usually get bored, or cold because I have nobody else to drive with.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:53 AM
BackFilp 360

yes, it working corectly if you look at the esc you can see a yellow light blinking saying its hitting the cut off so the voltage is just dipping below the cut off the car will stop a few mins later and it wil be at 6 volts or 9 volts
Old 01-12-2008, 03:37 AM
Desert RC

so it is customary for the car too slow down before the cutoff stops it completely. I will abviosly stop running as soon as I see the drop but I just want to make sure that the cut-off is being effective and doing its job....cutting the voltage early enough..I dont want to puff a new pack. Thanks