Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

COBALT CO27 WITH P-94 BRUSH

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 11:24 PM
ty2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COBALT CO27 WITH P-94 BRUSH

I really like trinity's CO27 in fact thats all i will be running untill something better comes along what i need to know is what advantages do you get from running a p-94 brush on it what will be the gain, the top end is sick on these motors & i dont want to loose that ,what i want is more top end.. my setup now is c027 with silver & purple springs and xxx laydown brushes with a 1/16" hole drilled in the center and dual bearings ( track allows bearings in stock motors) this set up is silly fast with gobs of torque , and when i go to other tracks i use the same set up but with no bearings and i have been asked to remove my motor for inspection three times because of my top end speed and im clearing the big triple jump on almost every lap, so with p-94's i wonder if i can make more top end.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:01 AM
Marshl

Default RE: COBALT CO27 WITH P-94 BRUSH

My experience is that you actually lose a little top end speed with the P-94 brushes.

(more surface area = more drag but the "dead spot" on the comm is much smaller so you do not cog as much @ low rpms)
Old 01-14-2008, 11:54 AM
f150dan
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: COBALT CO27 WITH P-94 BRUSH

whatever you loose in topend, you can make up in gearing with the extra power.