Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Hard cased Lipos from Maxamps!

Old 01-23-2008, 09:11 PM
BackFilp 360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard cased Lipos from Maxamps!

For you guys that cant race or wont use lipos with out a hard case now there this .....Brand New "Skins" are here. This kit comes with everything you need to add a hard plastic case to your lipo pack. It's clear plastic and paintable. This universal kit can be used on our 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000, and 8000 packs in both 7.4V and 11.1V format. This standard kit comes with one skin.

To completely surround the pack, 2 skin kits would be required. However in most vehicles, the bottom and wire end of the pack are already covered.

http://www.maxamps.com/MA-SKIN-KIT-STD.htm

O forgot they have them for saddle packs too for the b44
Old 01-24-2008, 06:39 AM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hard cased Lipos from Maxamps!

At $4.00 a pop, it seems too cheap not to get them to protect your packs.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:51 AM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

They look promising. The skins are just ugly IMO. The plain black packs look a little better IMO.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:57 AM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That may be true, but I don't spend too much time looking at my batteries while I'm driving...
Old 01-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Always Dreamin

Right before I go lipo, how perfect!
Old 01-24-2008, 03:47 PM
J-Cube

I ordered a 7.4V 6000 mah LiPo and I selected these as one of my options to get with the pack.
There's some sort of "built-in" skin that is available too but I selected the one that said "detachable." I don't know what the difference is.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:53 PM
TheTick

I wonder if it's worth the extra heat these will cause. Lipo's live longer when running cool.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:59 PM
Access

How much does it weigh?
Old 01-24-2008, 04:33 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

ORIGINAL: TheTick

I wonder if it's worth the extra heat these will cause. Lipo's live longer when running cool.
That is not true. Lipos will never get hot or even warm no matter how many times its heatshrinked if the battery can supply the amps. If it cant it will ruin the pack. If your lipo is getting even warm its not good for a lipo battery. It means your drawing to many amps and that is horrible for the pack. Lipo packs are suppose to run cool at all times and will never get hot or even a little warm if the battery can supply the amps that the esc is pulling from them. Ill say it again... Lipo batteries should never get hot!
Old 01-24-2008, 04:36 PM
PedeBeater

ORIGINAL: J-Cube

I ordered a 7.4V 6000 mah LiPo and I selected these as one of my options to get with the pack.
There's some sort of "built-in" skin that is available too but I selected the one that said "detachable." I don't know what the difference is.
The built in ones are the same thing, but they have shrink wrap over them. The detatchable ones are the same thing but without shrink wrap over them, so you can take them off. I also think these things look very nice, especially for the price. But it does enlarge the pack a little.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:08 PM
The Hedgehog

The heat isn't the issue, I feel it is important to see whether your pack puffed up or not, with the sticker decals it maybe difficult, but I suppose it is possible. I guess you can take it apart to check also when you want.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:29 PM
BackFilp 360

Great replies guys. cheap insurance is what i see. I agree with takedown lipos should not get (too) hot if the battery can supply enoungh amps to the motor it should stay around 90-100 degrees
Old 01-24-2008, 06:01 PM
TheTick

ORIGINAL: Takedown

ORIGINAL: TheTick

That is not true. Lipos will never get hot or even warm no matter how many times its heatshrinked if the battery can supply the amps. If it cant it will ruin the pack. If your lipo is getting even warm its not good for a lipo battery. It means your drawing to many amps and that is horrible for the pack. Lipo packs are suppose to run cool at all times and will never get hot or even a little warm if the battery can supply the amps that the esc is pulling from them. Ill say it again... Lipo batteries should never get hot!
True...I was mostly thinking of my lipo packs in my pylon racers which I really push to the limits. I've already puffed a few packs and heat is ALWAYS an issue with lipo packs in high performance planes. I guess it's a non issue in cars.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:43 PM
mkillian
Banned

Would anyone get the skins???I really dont know if there even worth 5$..Im thinking about gettin a 7.2 6000...117$ shipped...Know where to get them cheaper..Or a cheaper pac similar..in the 4500-6000mah range????
Old 01-24-2008, 10:51 PM
Krawlin

ORIGINAL: mkillian

Would anyone get the skins???I really dont know if there even worth 5$..Im thinking about gettin a 7.2 6000...117$ shipped...Know where to get them cheaper..Or a cheaper pac similar..in the 4500-6000mah range????

Yep--

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/18844

I am thinking of getting the one in the link myself.