Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Spektrum Vs Futaba

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Always Dreamin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum Vs Futaba

I'm looking to buy a new radio system soon. I was wanting to know what you guys like better. It's between spektrum dx2 for $130, or the futaba 3pm with no servos ($109). The price doesn't matter to me. Only the better of the two. The extra channel also does not matter. Just the two radios themselves. The only thing I like is that the spektrum has the nicer antenna and is also 2.4 ghz. Other then that, I'm pretty open minded.

Thanks,
Wipe out
Old 02-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

Default RE: Spektrum Vs Futaba

Their both two completely different radio's. I personally would get the 3pm 2.4ghz for $180. Cant beat it...
Old 02-05-2008, 10:17 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: Takedown

Their both two completely different radio's. I personally would get the 3pm 2.4ghz for $180. Cant beat it...
Whats better about the Futaba 2.4ghz for $180 then the spektrum 2.4ghz for $120? The only thing I see is price. All the other stuff just looks like stuff I would never use.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Takedown

The 3pm has alot more features from what I hear...
Old 02-05-2008, 10:22 PM
04DarkShadowGT

That is true, but you need to decide if you are going to use the extra features on weather the $60 extra is worth it. Plus the DX3.0 comes with an extra reciever for free too which are like $50 by themselves. That way you can run two cars right away.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Always Dreamin

All I really need is steering trim, throttle trim, good reception, and the other stuff is just nice to have.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:23 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: 04DarkShadowGT

That is true, but you need to decide if you are going to use the extra features on weather the $60 extra is worth it. Plus the DX3.0 comes with an extra reciever for free too which are like $50 by themselves. That way you can run two cars right away.
I would get the 3 channel, but I don't need the extra channel. I like the idea of two revievers though!
Old 02-05-2008, 10:34 PM
04DarkShadowGT

I have a DX3.0 and I like it. I dont use the 3rd channel on either car I run it with either. But when I bought mine, the DX2.0 was actually going to be more because it didnt have the second reciver and I needed two.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:15 AM
Always Dreamin

I have a DX3.0 and I like it. I dont use the 3rd channel on either car I run it with either. But when I bought mine, the DX2.0 was actually going to be more because it didnt have the second reciver and I needed two.
I heard your post in the other thread. So it seems like you don't think the spektrum is much nicer then the tq?
Old 02-06-2008, 12:24 AM
04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: Wipe Out

I heard your post in the other thread. So it seems like you don't think the spektrum is much nicer then the tq?
Its alot more adjustable and I like the small antenna, but I really dont notice any difference as cfar as actual controlling the car. There is less potential for interferance with 2.4 but I dont really get any with my am futaba or traxxas radios.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Always Dreamin

Bringing up an old thread....

I am now looking at a new radio since my MM started glitching out badly. It's between the Spektrum XP2, Futaba 2pl (FM), or the Futaba 3pm. I really like the 2.4ghz, but it's not needed. I also want to know what will perform the best, what has more features, and what features those are. I also want to know what would be the best value to me. The Futaba 2pl FM, the one that's the most basic is right where my buget should be. The spektrum is right at the top of my budget, and the Futaba 3pm is over my budget. I would be willing to save for the 3pm if it's really worth it. If the spektrum will do the same stuff as the 3pm, theres no need for the 3pm. I bash, not race. All I really want is 2 model memory, throttle/steering trims (digital), and that's really it. Plus, I want great reception, because right now I cannot even get to the end of the street without glitching out. If you reccomend the 3pm, tell me why, because it better be good if i'm going over budget for it.

Thanks.
AD
Old 06-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Takedown

Definately get the 3pm. Alot more features than the other two and gets very good range and no glitching.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:13 PM
1maxdude

ORIGINAL: Always Dreamin

I am now looking at a new radio since my MM started glitching out badly.
Is this something that has just started to happen out of nowhere? Losing the motor plugs will most likely solve your problems if it was fine before but now seems really glitchy.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: 1maxdude

I am now looking at a new radio since my MM started glitching out badly.
Is this something that has just started to happen out of nowhere? Losing the motor plugs will most likely solve your problems if it was fine before but now seems really glitchy.
This happened when I installed the MM. I don't have any motor connectors right now.

Takedown- What kind of features? Besides, the 10 model memory (kind of useless), what else is there? It will have to be pretty good if I'm going to spend the extra money.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:54 PM
nikg

I have heard that it can clean your room and do your homework. Pretty cool features!!

Seriously, it sounds like you are just looking for a nice basic radio system that has a few features, good range and is free of interference and glitching. I'm not sure which one would be better, but you may want to add throttle and steering rate adjustments to the list. If you are driving a very fast car/truck then adjusting the steering sensitivity can sometimes make it easier to drive.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:04 PM
Always Dreamin

LOL

The Spektrum site doesn't give much info on features.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Takedown

Here are the features for the 3pm models...

10-model memory
Alphanumeric LCD screen with high intensity Blue LED monitor,
can be changed to three different brightness levels
Condition switch-in specific functions low rates can be set up and
switched with SW1 switch simultaneously during a run
Alarm buzzer
Model copy and clear functions
ABS Braking
Brake mixing for large cars
One-channel program mixing
Steering and throttle Expo
Servo reversing on all channels
End Point Adjustment (EPA) for all channels
Multi-function timer up/down with lap memory
Steering dual rates
Throttle ATL
Digital trims
Function select dial/switch
Steering speed

Thats about 4x the features that the spektrum has.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:35 PM
cheech4

coming from a guy whi has had both the spektrum dx2 and the futaba 3pm fasst 2.4.. the futaba hands down is a better radio, more features more bells and whisltes more models, and the main and best reason it is FASTER. and if you use digital servos its WAY FASTER, it feels more connected.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:46 PM
fusebmx13

I have the futaba 3pm for my stampede. I got it over the dx3.0 because I have heard from the guys at my lhs and from some people on here that the spektrum glitches and that was what i was trying to get away from lol. So i went with the 3pm. And i dont know what you guys are talking about, but everywhere i see the spektrum dx3.0 is 250 and it comes with 2 receivers and the futaba is 180.

I love my futaba, 10 model memory is nice and it constantly switches channels so that it is never going to glitch, kinda cool in my book. It also has nice lap timers. The spektrum has them to but the futaba has more options with it. It is a nice radio and i have never had any interfierence but unfortunately i dont own a dx3.0 or 2.0 so i cant compare them.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:50 PM
Always Dreamin

Well I was looking at the DX2. I understand that the 3pm is loaded with features. But as an everyday basher, do I need those? Will I use them?
Old 06-08-2008, 10:04 PM
fusebmx13

I was in the same situation as you. I just bought the 3pm. It is just better and is a better bang for your buck deal.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:16 PM
cheech4

Well I was looking at the DX2. I understand that the 3pm is loaded with features. But as an everyday basher, do I need those? Will I use them?
no you dont the spektrum is an awsome radio anyways. i am pissed that i sold mine cuz i could have used it for my bashers.. but over all the futaba fasst is better, but for just bashing purposes the spektrum or any good FM radio will be great.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Always Dreamin

I might just go with the 2pl then. If it will fix my problems, theres no reason to spend more, that I can see. I have uesd my stock AM radio for years, I haven't complained once.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:51 PM
-EXTRA-

Wow,lot's of doggin on the DX2.0..I have the DX2.0 and i use it for racing and love it,but the main reason i got it is because it looked cooler then the fasst (bad reason)..but all in all it's a very good radio,i'v never had a glitch,i get fast response,has all the feature's i need so im good to go.I'v been using it for about 3 month's now and i haven't had any problem's...im sure the fasst is pretty cool to though.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:35 PM
Longhair

When looking for a new radio, don't just get features that come in handy now but look for the most features possible because you never know what you will get down the road.

For example you keep saying that you don't need the 3rd channel - so what happens when you get something with 4ws? You could use a Y-splitter but then there is no "on the fly" 2ws to 4ws.

2.4GHz is the "future" just like FM over AMwhich means a better resale value.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.