Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Long term battery storage

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 11:36 PM
cheech4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long term battery storage

so i fly down to florida expecting to be able to use my 7 cell ib 4200 on my evader. well bad news the battery is shot. i frequent fly to florida but there are times where i might not be around for a few months out of the time... well i knew this so i fully charged my battery and left it in a cool room and was gone for about 3 months.. is there a way to keep the battery good while i am gone. last time i was here i lost 2 elite 4300 batteries, same scenario. does freezing the batteries at full charge help??? any ideas welcomed, i just brought down my 2 favorite smc IB 4200 batteries and i dont want to lose these.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:40 PM
VXL ENCHILADA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Long term battery storage

I would just fully discharge them before you go.. Hope it helps