Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

worst rc car youve owned

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 11:03 AM
mechanizeddeath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: worst rc car youve owned

all of my RCs are relatively new and get driven in different ways, so it's hard to say which is the worst of the lot. i kept getting sand in the TB-02 gearbox until i sealed it, and i can speak for the toughness of Tamiya plastic, because the sand got in the gears and wore the pinion down far more than the spur. [X(] the TamTech Frog is indoors only and the only problem i've had is with the front shock shafts bending and popping off their bottom mounts when i run into chair legs. the Brat is the most heavily abused of all my RCs, so i can't fault it for anything really, when you run into stuff (on purpose?) you can expect to break a few things in the process. but my Kyosho Mini Z continues to baffle me, it's run indoors and at low speeds, but the T plate still broke in both places!
Old 03-27-2008, 01:10 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find it odd how many people say they hate the XL-5 Stampede, considering that my brother has one and the only things he has broken is a body mount. He beats on that thing mercilessly and it takes the beating and comes back for more.

The only real problem I have with it is that Traxxas overgeared the thing from the factory so they could meet their advertised speeds. The overgearing tends to overheat and burn out the stock motor.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:59 PM
zeen420
Banned

Well.. Worst RC I've owned was a Smartech Speedy Tiger electric model... And WoW.....J.U.N.K.

Soon as I pulled it out of the box it broke...And I'm not kidding....one of the A-arms broke when I pulled it out [&:][&:]

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30465.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	914982  
Old 03-27-2008, 11:47 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: zeen420

Well.. Worst RC I've owned was a Smartech Speedy Tiger electric model... And WoW.....J.U.N.K.

Soon as I pulled it out of the box it broke...And I'm not kidding....one of the A-arms broke when I pulled it out [&:][&:]

oh my gosh, that is BAD engineerin if you pull on something and it breaks, they were better off making it out of a cookie
Old 03-27-2008, 11:54 PM
NitroAssassin

ORIGINAL: calvino

ORIGINAL: zeen420

oh my gosh, that is BAD engineerin if you pull on something and it breaks, they were better off making it out of a cookie

hahaha that is one of the funniest quotes i've read in a awhile lol
Old 03-28-2008, 12:33 AM
bte214

Worst R/C had to be the Megatech Skyliner Plane that I still have but is currently inoperable and will remain so because I can't find a stupid gearshaft for it. I don't think it was meant to fly. I don't really have a car that I hated that much. My Maximum bx is the only car I have that isn't working because the con rod snapped. And the diffs suck. But it was my first car so I can't complain too much. Here is a pic of the wing to show how the wing came and how I modified it.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:22 AM
warheadforever

I would have to say the Warhead EVO, the design is great, (it got run over by my dads Genesis and didn't break) the engine is great the tranny is great the radio is good, but the rear dif, and ALL of the drive system (dog-bones and CVs) is JUNK.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:34 AM
bneterasedmynam

the worst of the traxxas vehicles for breaking is the nitro rustler, but really its only 2 parts that break, the axles bend(alot), and the castor blocks snap like twigs other than that its built ok
Old 04-01-2008, 08:17 AM
warheadforever

the worst of the traxxas vehicles for breaking is the nitro rustler, but really its only 2 parts that break, the axles bend(alot), and the castor blocks snap like twigs other than that its built O.K.
I have an Electric rustler and I have been beating on it for years and it hasn't broke anything, but it may be just a problem with the nitro version.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:34 AM
Nasher

i'd have to say my worst was the RC18B, in the short 3 months i had it most was down from: spur stripping, diff stripping, diff rebuild motor melting something, etc....
Old 04-01-2008, 01:21 PM
acexxxoasis
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Phelansa

Rustler XL1

I was slow, handled like a brick (No wait, that is an insult to a brick), and broke every time I took it bashing. Totally put me off anything Traxxas for the rest of my life. Gave it to my daughter, but she swapped it for a half built Tamiya TL01B kit. That old beater is still going!!

I would have to say the same thing I had the MSC version RTR where you had to paint and trim the body! I was off traxxas for like 8 years because of that thing.
the other one would be a HPI nitro rush that thing was slow super flexible and never ran alot
Old 04-01-2008, 03:05 PM
rc-junky007

micro-t

yes they are fun but get boring and are uncapable for outside dirt driving and thats all i do sy yea