Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

worst rc car youve owned

Old 03-23-2008, 02:37 AM
savtraxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default worst rc car youve owned

my t maxx 2.5 definately i would of happily threw that engine off the grand canyon. it was the hardest (or impossible) to tune. but its power wasnt that bad.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:42 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: worst rc car youve owned

The worest RC that I have ever owned would have to be the Sportwerks Chaos............................................. .
Old 03-23-2008, 02:52 AM
savtraxx

why?
oh sorry please state why your rc was bad
Old 03-23-2008, 03:04 AM
ludeman

Well for me the worst car I have ever had, hands down is the Trinity NOW! What a POS. Got it for X-mas ran for 3min broke a simple part that took month for Trinity to replace. Once fixed ran it 3more min and the rear end went out. So for me 6 min brand new takes the cake

Second worst (remember this is just my experience) Half -8, just say MONEY PIT!!! The sad thing is I was holding a Vendetta ST in my hand when the guy at my lhs talked me into the Kyosho. Servo issues first run, mess of a center diff, cracking rims, slow as heck, Real let down.

Third was my [size=2]Evader EXT Pro Damn it looked so good, graphite chassie, Steel CVD's, nice shocks, handled well...untill it hit a fly then the servo would break or go out of wack, hit a jump just a little off camber, servo would break, bump into another car, servo would break, sneeze real loud, the servo would break! To replace the servo is a night mare on the evader EXT. Tranny gave out after 3rd servo which was like the 3rd run.

Old 03-23-2008, 03:23 AM
savtraxx

6 mins you should go throw it through trinity's window
Old 03-23-2008, 03:33 AM
omg no name

trinity street spec.... figuring out the steering is really hard, i had lots of problems with it
Old 03-23-2008, 03:34 AM
sheograth

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vendetta ST for me. I was just really underwhelmed with the quality and performance.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:00 AM
Phelansa

Rustler XL1

I was slow, handled like a brick (No wait, that is an insult to a brick), and broke every time I took it bashing. Totally put me off anything Traxxas for the rest of my life. Gave it to my daughter, but she swapped it for a half built Tamiya TL01B kit. That old beater is still going!!
Old 03-23-2008, 05:27 AM
dustinbleh

by far the worst rc i have ever owned was some 1/16 scale electric buggy by IRC Racing.. it had a brushless setup, and even if you drove as careful as possible the diff gears would wear like crazy! no matter what i did with that buggy it always had that problem.. even with a brushed motor it still had diff problems.. i reccomend that you do NOT get one of these.. they are nothing but a headache!
Old 03-23-2008, 05:34 AM
shaunmichaeljohnson

back in 1991 royal hobbies made the royal crusher...
from day one the gears slicked when under load, after mods to stop this is gradually worked in it's slicking/stripping noises again.
then a few jumps made the lower A-arm break (company went bankrupt so no parts) adn then after a friend tryed to do manual wheelies the gear box went buzzzzzzzzzzzz, and that's pretty much it, it lomped back to HQ with the front left wheel dragging behind it[]
i used to love that thing.
shaun
Old 03-23-2008, 06:24 AM
Kitsune
My Feedback: (7)

Probably the worst car I've ever owned would be Mini Baja. It wasn't a terrible car, but still was the worst car I've ever owned. Had both the motor and steering servo burn out pretty quick on it. Shocks leaked oil pretty bad too.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:27 AM
dustinbleh

oh i love the mini baja's.. but then again maybe im just lucky.. but i also usually replace the servo with a hs-55 (its cheap, and its wayyy better than stock)

Old 03-23-2008, 06:31 AM
sheograth

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[&:] I love my mini baja too
Old 03-23-2008, 06:33 AM
dustinbleh

yeah they are nice cars.. but every car model has a couple of lemons, right? i bought a new mini lst2, and it had a bad esc and servos right out of the box.. but of course, since horizon hobby is such an awesome company, they replaced them no questions asked.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:50 AM
savtraxx

mini baja? i was gonna get one? and whats with those gay adverts up the top for cheap rc;s ?pfffft
Old 03-23-2008, 06:59 AM
dustinbleh

lol are you talking about the redcat racing one? i actually had a redcat buggy and it was an awesome buggy for the price.... people complain about part support, but i live about 10 minutes from the headquarters lol..

i would definitely reccomend the mini baja, the radio is way better that the mini-t, and so are the shocks.. plus it has ball bearings.. (also, i think it looks cooler too)

but heres something more along the original subject..

i had a fully hopped up rc18r, with just about everything you can imagine upgraded in some way.. but the thing that drove me nuts is the steering in those things! everyone says that the DP draglink at thetoyz.com fixes the slop, but its pretty much ALWAYS out of stock lol.. i had a hs-65mg servo in it with an alloy steering assembly, and it made no difference..

i guess all cars have their quirks and little problems, but that is a pretty big design flaw in my opinion..
Old 03-23-2008, 07:27 AM
ftt4maniac

Traxxas t-maxx 2.5. I know there are a ton of people that love them, but i am one of the few that realized these are huge money pits.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:34 AM
billdee

tamiya hornet for me. this thing always had some problem in the gear box.i took the gear box apart so many times that over 20 years later when building a lunch box that has the same gear box as the hornet, i could put it all together without looking at the directions.scary stuff
Old 03-23-2008, 07:49 AM
Gado

It would be the traxxas stampede xl-5. BUT I only have one other rc car and between the 2 the stampede is it. If I had the ability to travel in time I would stop my self from buying the stampede. I still run it and have enjoyment from it, but to me I have replaced parts that should have been built better or stronger in the first place. The motor took a dump on me i think after 20 runs. 3 broken stub axels, blown internal diff gears, plastic idler, steel top gear stripped. And no it was not user error.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:10 AM
beenbreto

sportwerks chaos hands down
Old 03-23-2008, 08:52 AM
Paradoxmaker

Mine wasn't a car but a Motorcycle....A Kyosho electric motorcycle that i bought in 1990. Slow as heck, battery drained in 5 min of running, couldn't run on anyting but smooth concrete. If you tried to run on asphault, the rougness and small gravel would bounce it over. And if you tried to run on tile or linolium it would get no traction and spin out.

I still have the piece of crap too[:'(]
Old 03-23-2008, 08:54 AM
J.D.T

xxx 4 gp, couldn't make it for five minutes of bashing without breaking
Old 03-23-2008, 10:50 AM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

It was a nikko 1/10 jeep rubicon. looked cool, BUT: all the bits busted off the first day, second day the steering went, third day it was back at TRU. Thats what pushed me into hobby grade rc. Tamiya and traxxas since, no major problems.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:14 AM
ryuhito

I've been pretty lucky, I ended up with an RS4 Evo for nitro and a XXX-S for electric so car-wise I've had good luck. The Mini-T was in my possesion for all of 15 minutes before I took it back, just struck me as a pile. My e-Zilla has been pretty bad; lots of broken c-hubs and diff output shafts and slider shafts, but I can't complain since the dual motor, dual battery symetrical layout is all really cool. The Venom Mini-Giants were pretty bad stock but made AWESOME project trucks. Wasn't overly impressed with the micro RS4 but it wasn't really the cars fault, I just didn't have a good place to drive it. My PTI Goliath took a lot of work to get to it's current status but I wouldn't really say it was bad, just partially finished.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:20 AM
syncronized77

1/6 Scale New Bright F-350 ..... with working headlights and horn!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.