Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Official Traxxas Slash short-course race truck

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 05:50 PM
Krazy Chicken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Official Traxxas Slash short-course race truck

no mah = run time usually the bigges number on a lipo like 5000 mah lipo
ORIGINAL: Cutless009

ORIGINAL: clp.engThe "C" rating tells you how much current is available, speed is determined by the voltage. A 30C will deliver more current for a longer time given the same "constant" load. The 30C can also provide more peak current when you need it.

Chuck
So higher C rating = longer run times? I'm confused as to what good higher current is good for.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:08 PM
Krazy Chicken

here is a video of my friends slash, and a little of my wheely king.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjGy6g3swiA
Old 11-20-2010, 12:08 AM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Cutless009

So higher C rating = longer run times? I'm confused as to what good higher current is good for.

Given the same voltage, a higher 'C' rating, coupled with higher capacity, means the battery CAN put out more power, not that it always will. If you have a car setup that draws 100 amps and a 5000mah 20C battery, you are right at the limit(5ah x 20 = 100a), and may overload the batteries. If you had the same car setup to draw 100 amps with a 5000mah 40C battery, you now have the capability to handle 200 amps (5ah x 30 = 200a), so there is plenty of extra power. OTOH, if you had a 8000mah 15C battery, you now have a higher capacity but a lower 'C' rating(8ah x 15 = 120a) so even though the 'C' rating is lower, the total power output capability is higher than the first example. Bottom line: both "C" rating and maH rating, aka capacity have to be considered. Think of a bucket and a pipe to pour the contents of the bucket into, where maH is the bucket and "C" is the size of the pipe. A bigger bucket may hold more, but the size of the pipe will limit how much can flow through. This is one of those cases where algebra actually DOES get used in our lives.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:38 AM
Mazda ute

Will the stock ESC run on 2cell 7.4 lipo? do they have a cut off set in them for lipo?. Its a brushed set up.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:40 AM
clp.eng
My Feedback: (10)

BuzzBomber - much better than I said it! lol

Chuck
Old 11-20-2010, 02:56 PM
momogt

i lowerd the truck down as far as it can go much better onroad it will flip sometimes still but not as bad plus it seems to be faster
ORIGINAL: momogt

will sway bars stop my truck from flipping every time i go to make a turn when running onroad my truck will flip when im slowing down and ease on the brake what to do to stop the flipping another ? will a lipo rated @ 30c be faster then a 20c lipo both 5000mah i know one will have more amps then the other how important are amps when usig lipo,s
Old 11-20-2010, 03:42 PM
clp.eng

Mazda - Yes for the LiPo, No for the LVC!

Chuck
Old 11-20-2010, 06:22 PM
momogt

hey guyz whats your favorite gear setup in your slash onroad and off road i use 32p gearz my onroad with 3s is 12/56 its fast and still controllable off road which i dont do much of is 11/58

Old 11-21-2010, 05:57 AM
FireFrenzy

you shouldnt be locking your slipper, its there to prevent your gears stripping like that
Old 11-21-2010, 02:48 PM
Krazy Chicken

your slipper only forgives bad landings while on throttle landing. i have ran without a slipper on my rc's for years with no problems if im careful about landing.
ORIGINAL: FireFrenzy

you shouldnt be locking your slipper, its there to prevent your gears stripping like that
Old 11-21-2010, 09:00 PM
clp.eng

While waiting for the heli packs to charge, I took the Slash over to the skateboard park to see what damage I could do....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV-DfJKeLbk&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/youtube]

Chuck

Old 11-22-2010, 01:00 AM
momogt

how fast do you have be going to make your slash take flight a flip i was out today doing some speed runs and all of a sudden my truck just left the ground like a plane lifting off it flip backwards landed on the roof and skidded about 20 feet before it stop  and i had the wheely bar set as low as it would go i was amazed that a set as cheap as mine would go that fast my motor only cost me 24.00
Old 11-23-2010, 11:26 PM
godofcable

ORIGINAL: momogt

will sway bars stop my truck from flipping every time i go to make a turn when running onroad my truck will flip when im slowing down and ease on the brake what to do to stop the flipping another ? will a lipo rated @ 30c be faster then a 20c lipo both 5000mah i know one will have more amps then the other how important are amps when usig lipo,s

I'll give you a better answer this weekend, when I race, but I have some initial reactions. I made these sway bars http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuXnk4WAl1k

Full speed runs down the street, then full brake with a full turn to either side used to flip the truck every time. Now it just powerslides. The only skepticism I have is the lack of screws or clips. Not sure if these will stay in during racing.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:54 PM
gonggongboy

Whats the best way to keep a slash 2WD from flipping over at high speeds? I have a custom body that was really nice until it flipped at 50ish and skid on its top for about 30-40ft. I tried so hard to keep the body nice, but now im like screw it.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:15 PM
OddsNEnds

If you don't want to make your own, here is an [link=http://www.toadztoyz.com/TRAXXAS/RUSTLER-STAMPEDE-SLASH/Front-Rear-Sway-Bar-Kit-p8598941.html]effective sway bar kit.[/link]

But, really, for the Slash to be effective you need to lower your CG (center of gravity), the Slash was designed way to high.

I installed a [link=http://www.thundertechracing.com/outlaw2.htm]Thundertech Racing Outlaw Pro[/link] chassis and have seen dramatic result that no sway bar can give. Combine the two (Outlaw and sway bars) and you have a real hot rod.

Another thing that helped me was installing some aluminum parts in the right places. Front bulkhead and front (well, mine is all around) steering knuckles and blocks from [link=http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=35]STRC[/link] puts some weight at the nose to keep it down.

I do find the SC bodies, while cool looking, are like kites! They catch air underneath themselves and at a given speed will cause lift. I am now using the R14 concept body and a Manx dune buggy body that doesn't catch so much air under it.

Now, my Slash rarely flips around turns and no more catching air at high speeds with 50 foot skids!

Old 11-24-2010, 07:30 PM
godofcable

Added another Slash to my garage.

Number 25 is a XL-5 Brushed (stock)

Number 47 is a Velineon Brushless
Old 11-25-2010, 12:47 PM
gonggongboy

When ever i do speed runs with mine on the asphalt it always rolls over if dont bring the speed down to almost a crawl. The only good thing i can say about it is that it jumps like a dream.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:46 PM
trackmaster

hi i have two questions about  products from st racing concepts number one is there transmission layshaft for the slash. it alows the use of associated slipper clutches does it work well on the slash heres the link

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ssion-Layshaft

second the collard shock bodies from them what parts go with it and whats the best setup for them
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...t-Blue-2-Slash
Old 11-30-2010, 01:37 PM
gonggongboy

Is anyone running EXTENDED 17MM HUBS on there slash? Im using them with 1/8 scale buggy tires and im having trouble with it hitting the body when i wheelie or jump.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:55 AM
MrStinky

Just gettinginto RC againnow my sonisold enough to enjoy it. We are having a blash, butare constantlyfixing the tamiyadf-02 turnedtruck.I got him a brushed Stampede for x-mas and iordered my Slash 2wd vxl the other day. I was torn, butopted for the 2wd over the 4wd drive since my main thinking wasit shares more parts with the Stampede i got for my son. Either way i think i made a good decision, but i keep second guessing myself. I alsoordered an rpm front bumper and bearing arms (C arms?)front and rear. Anything else i should get ahead of time for the spares box? I hate taking the rc out for 2 minutes and putting it away and making a trip to the shop.Thanks for all the great info in the forum. Can't wait to have some morefun!
Old 12-07-2010, 10:02 AM
airmayle

If looking for spare parts keep an eye open on ebay. With the release of the 4x4 Stampede you should see a lot of the 2wd on ebay cheap. You could find a rollor really cheap for parts support.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:41 PM
godofcable

Well, it was inevitable. Took the brushless Slash out in the snow. Not a lot of traction, but still a lot of fun. Until I started hearing crunching whenever I tried to move. A lot of grinding, then it would kick in and take off.

Long story short, need a new transmission. Rather than replace it with stock, anyone know of a beefier version out there so I wont have to replace another one? Is the tranny in the new VXL Slash any stronger than the brushed stock tranny?
Old 12-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Krazy Chicken

sounds like you need just a spur gear, no need to replace the whole thing.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:55 PM
godofcable

no, definitely not a spur gear. I took it apart looking for the source. Its the center diff
Old 12-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Krazy Chicken

never heard of someone stripping the metal gears in these what the heck did you do?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.