Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Beater Builds Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Redvanmafia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Beater Builds Thread

ORIGINAL: evaderkid

my stampede has most of the rpm parts, and the other day i was racing cars up and down the ave, and it got ran over i herd it, i saw it. i thought holy **** my car is ruined.......i drove it right back, no damage at all
Wow.... now thats a beater..lol. What kind of car ran it over?
a Mazda MX-6 i do belive i got nothing to prove it got ran over, and im happy nothing broke, i thought forsure it was done i wasnt running a body, the body posts were outta wack, i fixed them up and its fine, the driver came back to see if it was ok, cause he felt it under his wheel. i was amazed
Old 08-12-2008, 06:53 PM
carlbellybutton10

did it go under the tire or just under the car?
Old 08-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Krawlin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: carlbellybutton10

and thats why you are the beater guru
Its a virtue that only a few are lucky enough to have
Old 08-12-2008, 08:36 PM
novakmaxx

ORIGINAL: Krawlin

ORIGINAL: novakmaxx

ORIGINAL: novakmaxx

last night I bashed my e-maxx as hard as I could (trying to brake it). all the broke is a rpm body mount. And I found some dirt. my diffs also stripped. I went to a skate park.
Sweet. BTW, on the diffs, if its the diff cups that stripped, get the FLM ones. They use bigger 3mm screws and are all aluminum and super durable. I have them in mine and they are great.
I have the FLM ones and I think the ring gear is stripped. I also broke a chassis at the battery trays. I am going to buy t-maxx 3.3 diffs to see what happens.
Actually if you have the FLM diff cups with their drilled ring and pinion, you could actually just keep the diff cups, and buy RRP ring and pinion, and with a drill press, drill and countersink some 3mm holes for the screws.
that would be $80. I could get 2 3.3 diffs for $35. I dont have a lot of money.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:08 AM
fusebmx13

ORIGINAL: carlbellybutton10

and thats why you are the beater guru
Its a virtue that only a few are lucky enough to have
only the normal people that actually know how to make something work. and not just say oh **** it doesnt work im returning it. Its not hard if you just mess with things. I actually made a set of pegs once for my bike on a lathe. It was cool, but it took a while lol.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:15 PM
Krawlin

Well I did another run on my E-Maxx today after fixing the stripped rear pinion gear, and finally, after over 11 hard months of running, bashing, carnage, and alot of fun, THE TITAN 550 MOTORS ARE FINALLY BURNING UP!!!! They started making an odd smell, according to Takedown, that is the smell of the windings frying, so I am going to run this truck again and again on almost burnt up motors until smoke comes rolling out from under the body. And yes, I will get a video when the smoke comes rolling out from under the body.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:40 PM
fusebmx13

Well I did another run on my E-Maxx today after fixing the stripped rear pinion gear, and finally, after over 11 hard months of running, bashing, carnage, and alot of fun, THE TITAN 550 MOTORS ARE FINALLY BURNING UP!!!! They started making an odd smell, according to Takedown, that is the smell of the windings frying, so I am going to run this truck again and again on almost burnt up motors until smoke comes rolling out from under the body. And yes, I will get a video when the smoke comes rolling out from under the body.
it wont come bellowing out like you think it will. Trust me i have done it

My brother just got a new flm chassis for his rustler today and while we were there we got some titanium skids for the e maxx. The guy at my lhs was like hey you dont have a t maxx do you and my brother says no but i have an e maxx. So this guys gave us these skids that were brand new for 60 bucks. They were normally 43 apiece. Pretty good deal i guess.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Always Dreamin

I just rebuilt my beater. I took it all apart, sprayed everything with Tri-flow, and compressed it off. I have some new shock springs, receiver box, shock rebuild, etc coming in the mail. It should look like new when I'm done with it.

BTW - fuse, get some new videos
Old 08-13-2008, 11:45 PM
chippythekid

I think the best way to describe the smell is it is the smell of burning peanuts. Which btw is a terrible smell. And I wouldn't risk overheating the ESC or battery by doing that. I screwed up a plug doing that and put our best battery out of commission until today when we switched to deans plugs. And it doesn't smoke much at all, and if your still set on doing this at least like spray some wd40 or something in there to make a show of it, but have a fire extinguisher handy. lol. And I am not liable for any damages to your car if you do that.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:20 PM
fusebmx13

yessss i just finished my new body for my 18t. It looks sick with a carbon fiber wing and black body. I also have some cool MIP yellow stickers that match my rims perfect. I will try and get some pics before i wreck it haha. I still need to re build the rear diff before i can drive it though.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:11 AM
fusebmx13

Heres to picks of it with 2 different sets of tires on.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:25 PM
warheadforever

I like that thing, about how big is that compared to say, a Rustler, or some other 1/10 R/C?
Old 08-16-2008, 10:51 PM
fusebmx13

ORIGINAL: warheadforever

I like that thing, about how big is that compared to say, a Rustler, or some other 1/10 R/C?
I can take some pics of it next to a rustler with the flm extended chassis and my stampede and an e maxx. I will try and take them tomorrow cause its late tonight. They are so much fun to drive on smoother surfaces though haha. it handles my grass though
Old 08-16-2008, 10:57 PM
j.m.

they look dinky compared to 1/10 RC's. Especially monsters.

LoOk:
http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Gallery...200-02-450.jpg
Old 08-16-2008, 11:25 PM
fusebmx13

ORIGINAL: j.m.

they look dinky compared to 1/10 RC's. Especially monsters.

LoOk:
http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Gallery...200-02-450.jpg
yea thats the mini t in that pic. If you want one you will want 4wd. It handles so much better and the motor isnt in the rear. I love my truck just for racing around the house and when its raining. But its so fast, its like a little rocket with a 3s lol. Even with teh low 5400kv motor.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:57 AM
SlashBasher
My Feedback: (8)

I took the roll cage off of my pede. It was a real pain in the ***** to get the battaries in and out. But its ok because last night I ordered rpm blue arms all-around, all metals gears so I can actually drive again[&:], and the duratrax flashpoint temp gauge to make sure I dont toast my sidewinder.....I am also going to paint the silver rims black just cuz I can[8D].....lol...oh yeah, I also ordered an rpm blue wide front bumper.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:41 PM
chippythekid

Here is the old rusty with a new body, enjoy.

Old 08-20-2008, 06:57 PM
SlashBasher

The body looks sick but those pull ties ruin it....put some black string between the two front clips and just pull out the rear.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:32 PM
chippythekid

yea well zipties were convient, and we are required to do a batt change where we race so quick pull pins are a must. and the front wheels are baby blue cuz of a failed attempt to dye them. but f u go back about 5 pages ur will see the old pics, gotta say this is alot better.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:56 PM
SlashBasher

Dont get mad....the body looks sick. Im just saying the zip ties look like crap. get some black string or something
Old 08-20-2008, 10:16 PM
chippythekid

lol i meant "if you" not "f u" hahah sorry poor typing skills, and yea that would look nice. we like zipties, they are basically what is holding my buddies racecar together lol, they really are a racers best frind next to ducttape
Old 08-21-2008, 09:38 AM
SlashBasher

Lol...ok i thouht you told me to f*** myself...lol. Yeah the body looks great. What king of track do you race on that you use dirt hawgs and road rage tires? Sound like an odd combination.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:39 PM
Always Dreamin

Here is my beater, "updated."

Old 08-21-2008, 03:51 PM
chippythekid

Well the thing with the tires is that we loaned out our ribbed tires to sum guys we know and havent gotem back yet. but the dirthawgs are actully not bad road tires it works well for screwing around on asphalt and then drivin at our local dirt track and on carpeted or tarp tracks for TSA. it seems odd that they would work well but they get the job done and do a decnt job of it
Old 08-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Krawlin

Well, its been a long time since I have posted an update about my E-Maxx, so while its down for a couple weeks, I might as well post a good long update.

Over the past couple weeks I haven't done too much to my Maxx, but in the next 3 weeks or so, it will see several new upgrades.

Recent upgrades include-

Installed RC-Monster steel idler gears in the transmission.

And installed the brushed Great Planes Electrify S-600 motors.

With the S-600 motors, it was going probably 35 + MPH easily. There was a huge boost in torque, but most noticeably the speed. But now for the bad news....... with only 1 capacitor that is included soldered on each motor, there was alot of glitching about half way through the run....... And now for the worse news...... the stock yellow EVX2 ESC (its the same as the one on the new E-Maxx except its not waterproof) fried on only the second run with the S-600's.

And since the ESC fried, I will be getting brushless for sure in a couple of weeks. I will be running a Mamba Max, probably a Medusa V2 Afterburner 36-60 2000 Kv motor, and 12 cells Ni-MH or 4S Li-Po. Should hit about 40 MPH with lots of torque and low temps.

And in the mail now, are a set of 4 front OFNA Ultra LX Comp buggy shocks! These 4 shocks are quite a bit bigger than the Traxxas Big Bores, they are full aluminum, threaded body, alot beefier, and look really cool too! The advantages of the 4 buggy shock setup vs. 8 MT shocks is less weight, a smoother feel to the suspension, more tunable and more easily tuned, stronger, and better looks! Here is a link to those shocks - [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-OFNA-ULTRA-LX-ONE-1-Shocks-Front-Set-MBX-COMP-OL34_W0QQitemZ140254305964QQihZ004QQcategoryZ34061 QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262]OFNA Ultra LX Shocks[/link]

Once I get the shocks and put them on I will be sure to get some pictures!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.