Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Problem with acceleration???

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 03:02 AM
Marines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with acceleration???

I have a electric TC3, and i just rebuilt my motor...i also outfitted it with a 25-tooth pinion down from 28(some people reccomended it for my track). But now when i accelerate from a complete stop, the motor revs high, then slowly gets going, but after its going, the problem isnt there...could it be that the diff is too loose...i havent messed with the back diff in a while, and all i did with the front, was clean it last week, so could someone please help me with the problem

THX
Old 05-09-2003, 06:33 PM
MonotonalMonkey

Try tightening up your diff.
Old 06-13-2003, 12:52 AM
matt2
My Feedback: (1)

im not sure but i think it is your spur gear its slipping the slipper tension spring. (the little metal gear in the middle of the spur gear. you need to find a way to make them stick

hope i could help
Old 06-13-2003, 12:55 AM
shadowedkilla

sounds like a slipper clutch problem like matt2 said cause i did the same thing with my evader and after a few adjustments with the clutch it was fine.
Old 06-13-2003, 02:42 PM
jordanrx7

Err, there is no slipper clutch in a tc3. To me it sounds like your differential is loose. To tighten it you need to pull the up link of your supsension off, then use an allen key to get into the drive cup. Then you hold the other wheel, and tighten the diff a few turns. Do this progressively until it stops slipping on acceleration, or until you are happy with how the car handles. Just a note, differential tuning can make a big difference on performance, specifically cornering ability. The TC3 manual gives you some good info on how to properly tune a ball diff.

later