Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

JUST GOT MY E-MAXX!!!

Old 06-21-2008, 07:54 PM
MaxxOrange

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JUST GOT MY E-MAXX!!!

Well, I got my E-maxx 3905 this morning, also bought the 08 f250 body for it, it will be painted next weekend and mounted along with my BL system, i got the white one, and i must say this is the BEST looking stock body ive ever seen, white just looks really good, i first ran it on 12 cells, crappy venom 6 cell 3300s but it accelerates FAST, makes an awesome roaring noise, not the fastest stock but will be plenty fast next weekend on 4s lipo and the BL system, it is much bigger in person than in pictures thats for sure, and is definitely the best truck ive ever bought, here are some pics below, sorry my kitten attacked the camera, just thought they were cute pictures lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74208.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	975473   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs58384.jpg
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	975474   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af90494.jpg
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	975475   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ic84695.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	975476   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pa32784.jpg
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	975477   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71829.jpg
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	975478   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92593.jpg
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	975479   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo31815.jpg
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	975480  

Old 06-21-2008, 07:57 PM
brushlessboy16

Default RE: JUST GOT MY E-MAXX!!!

sweet!
Old 06-21-2008, 07:59 PM
maxxdout

Looks like a sweet truck man! Good luck with it [8D]
Old 06-21-2008, 08:03 PM
MaxxOrange

THANKS!!
Old 06-21-2008, 08:03 PM
irockdude

awesome! youve been talking about getting it for as long as i've known you (like 2 months...) hope eveything goes good and thats its fast! looks like it could beat my aftershock...heck, my nitro evader can beat my aftershock right off the start! speaking of nitro eaver and aftershock...i'm gonna make a couple new videos today!!! my dads coming over now. Happy Bashing!!!
Old 06-21-2008, 08:05 PM
MaxxOrange

SOUNDS GOOD! make sure to give me links to these videos once you post them eh?
Old 06-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Xtfreak

YES finally!!! IROCKDUDE is right you didn't shut up about this truck lol..well glad you got it now. Cant wait for the vid on the bl system.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:41 PM
MaxxOrange

oh yeah, all that coming next weekend, for now im gonna get used to it and enjoy it stock, btw going through water doesnt excite me, im addicted to speed which is why i have a pede vxl on 3s, so i wont miss the waterproof one bit, ill be on 4s lipo and BL.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Always Dreamin

Congrats man!!

You waited, and now you have one. Brushless and lipo is next!
Old 06-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: VXL TACO

oh yeah, all that coming next weekend, for now im gonna get used to it and enjoy it stock, btw going through water doesnt excite me, im addicted to speed which is why i have a pede vxl on 3s, so i wont miss the waterproof one bit, ill be on 4s lipo and BL.
I thought the waterproof would be useful to you? You will be driving on a golf course and it does rain a lot in Florida. I would use the waterproof feature as much you can while it's stock.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:22 PM
novakmaxx

did the blue wheely bar wheels come with it?
Old 06-21-2008, 10:26 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

Wow finally the maxx arrived at your doorstep. Been waiting for this momment for awhile now. Now all it needs to complete it is a brushless system and 2x lipos.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:29 PM
Always Dreamin

TACO-

I'm still waiting for that Stampede vs the E-maxx video.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:02 AM
MaxxOrange

ORIGINAL: Always Dreamin

Congrats man!!

You waited, and now you have one. Brushless and lipo is next!
yep brushless and lipo is coming NEXT WEEKEND!
Old 06-22-2008, 09:03 AM
MaxxOrange

I thought the waterproof would be useful to you? You will be driving on a golf course and it does rain a lot in Florida. I would use the waterproof feature as much you can while it's stock.
no because it doesnt really make huge puddles in my street after it rains, and its just not fun for me, just because i live in south florida doesnt mean i NEED the waterproof, i like speed alot more.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:04 AM
MaxxOrange

ORIGINAL: novakmaxx

did the blue wheely bar wheels come with it?
nope i bought the wheelie bar and the aluminum ball bearing wheelie bar wheels, they have rubber tires too at my LHS same time i bought the emaxx and body, which was yesterday, i think it looks pretty cool.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:07 AM
MaxxOrange

ORIGINAL: Takedown

Wow finally the maxx arrived at your doorstep. Been waiting for this momment for awhile now. Now all it needs to complete it is a brushless system and 2x lipos.
well i didnt order it, just got up and 9am yesterday and went down to LHS to pick it up, but yeah i know what you mean, FINALLY i own an E-maxx right? lol, yep BL and lipo 4s is only 5 days away thank god

Always dreamin: my pede is broken right now, but i bought some steel gears for the gearbox also yesterday, and i will get around to fixing it soon, and as for a E-maxx vs. Pede video, unless you want an extremely choppy 30 second video for each truck from my camera phone, maybe wait till i get a camera for my Bday or something?
Old 06-22-2008, 09:22 AM
MaxxOrange

i know this is off topic, but we were speaking about my stampede and i made a homemade light kit for it a few days ago
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1QEXxaT-aV8
Old 06-22-2008, 09:32 AM
mycarisaser

What brushless system are you useing? I love my new e-maxx. Its great for the sand dunes. I am running a nemisis 9xl on 4s2p lipos.

If you plain on doing any type of jumping I would highly recommend putting a few(3 works good) zip ties on the lower end of the shock towers.. Trust me its a must!!!!!! Also I quit breaking the skids and bulk heads when I put on the rpm front bumper and front skid(it will save you money in the long run). Have fun[8D]
Old 06-22-2008, 09:32 AM
MaxxOrange

idk why but it says im in UK when i am clearly NOT, i have no idea how to switch to USA, any help?
Old 06-22-2008, 09:35 AM
MaxxOrange

my BL system will be: mamba max, feigao 8xl, castle BEC, trx Y-harness in series, and 4s lipo, i heard this was a good setup and from what ive seen on youtube its pretty fast, so ill let y'all know how it is next weekend, btw mycarisaser i will take your word for it and order an RPM bumper and ziptie the front skid.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:42 AM
mycarisaser

The 8xl is a great motor(have it in my E-LST2) on 5s lipo (55mph). I use the rc monsters heat sink/clamp on my feigao/nemisis motors and it works great(if you got the smooth can). You will need to cut a hole in the windsheild to allow air to flow over the motor or it WILL overheat. I was hitting 180 degrees[:-] before the heat sink/clamp and hole. Now it tops out at 150
Old 06-22-2008, 10:54 AM
Always Dreamin

no because it doesnt really make huge puddles in my street after it rains, and its just not fun for me, just because i live in south florida doesnt mean i NEED the waterproof, i like speed alot more.
Why not have both? Enjoy the waterproof while you have it. I know you would rather have B-less over waterproof, who wouldn't... But you should enjoy it stock.

When I see those pictures you have, I think, MAN that's a sweet truck. You should just run it stock for a while, through puddles, and have fun.

Congrats, I expect a full NOT BIASED review on the Stampede and E-maxx.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:40 AM
MaxxOrange

it is very fun stock, but IMHO going through puddles aint fun, i like going fast, i was just out an hour ago with it going up and down the street and goin through grass and i had a BLAST, but i will just have alot more fun with brushless and lipo, understand?
Old 06-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Always Dreamin

it is very fun stock, but IMHO going through puddles aint fun, i like going fast, i was just out an hour ago with it going up and down the street and goin through grass and i had a BLAST, but i will just have alot more fun with brushless and lipo, understand?
That's not what I'm saying man...

I'm saying, why not enjoy the waterproof feature while you can? I mean, it's a nice feature. The stock E-maxx isn't that fast, why not drive through a few puddles. I know that going fast is fun. There will be plenty of time to go fast with brushless. All I'm saying is that you're thinking too much about this brushless thing. Just enjoy the truck for now.

I know it will be more fun with lipo and brushless. That's why I am not sure about getting one. I wont be able to afford brushless or lipo for a long time. That's why I want to know about stock form, not brushless and lipo.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.