Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

traxxas stampede slipper clutch adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 09:44 PM
chadr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traxxas stampede slipper clutch adjustment

I picked up a Stampede with a Reedy Radon 17 turn motor a few weeks ago. After many hours of driving the plastic idler gear was stripped. I pulled the plastic gear from my Rustler to get the Stampede up and running again. I adjusted the slipper clutch (I have the one with 3 friction pads) so that it slips a little while accelerating on the street - I can hear it slip for a few seconds until the truck gets up to speed. The acceleration is quick enought and I don't need to do wheelies or anything. I am just not certain how much slip to allow and if that will make the pads wear down too quickly. If its tighter I am thinking the plastic transmission gears may get stripped quicker. Also, I'll be taking it to the local clay track for some jumps and it spins out quite easily if the clutch is too tight. Any tips on adjustment to help the gears last and keep the friction pads from wearing away quickly?
Old 07-26-2008, 10:29 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: traxxas stampede slipper clutch adjustment