Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Traxxas slash or Losi Dst

Old 08-10-2008, 05:06 AM
Lilredmachine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas slash or Losi Dst

I got the slash, but only because I'm not quite dumb enough to compare the two. If you are saying you are making a choice between a scaleish vehicle built with looks in mind rather than performance and a flat out race truck with different bumpers, wheels and a body for the purposes of racing then I suggest you sit back and look at what you have asked.

I'm getting awful sick of these Slash vs. DT threads.

Bashing = Slash

Racing (non spec) = DT

The DT is the faster, better truck hands down, always has been, always will be. That does not mean to say I dislike the slash, but I dislike that people compare the two, as it is as has been pointed out 'apples to oranges'. The slash is also only any good on packed dirt, not every track is dirt, mine is short grass and the slash really struggles on it, grip roll is heavily apparent and without the ability to slide the truck is hamstrung by it's extra length. It becomes a barge. The DT would destroy it in these situations.

Old 08-10-2008, 06:18 AM
Kitsune
My Feedback: (7)

Here's an idea, why don't you just let either truck into that class for racing. Time will tell which truck is better in the long run that way. Besides, I think it's kind of silly to have a racing class just for one specific truck in the first place. I know it's to make every factor (except the driver's skills) to be as even as possible, but if there's really that big of a difference in the two, won't people just switch on thier own?
Old 08-10-2008, 09:25 PM
ElectricGuy007

That would be nice if that did happen, but I doubt it...[&o] People only bought the slash at my 2 tracks because everyone else did.
As soon as this truck came out 1 guy had it with his girlfriend, everyone saw it and they was like cool I want one.
"OK lets make the slash a spec class." The next week 5 people showed up with one, then the week after that 10 people, then 15 then 20.
And on and on and on.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:03 AM
dacaur

One thing that makes the slash such a great spec class, is that its a LOT of fun to race. With a normal stadium truck, you have the wheels sticking out beyond the body, and if two trucks touch, its almost guaranteed to cause a crash. crashes are not fun. With the slash, the wheels are tucked under the body, so if you bump sides with another truck, nothing happens... Plus, the slash is based on a real truck, so looks cooler going around the track. The last factor that makes it so great for a spec class, is that its cheap, AND, the final kicker for me, is that I can get a set of ski's, and run it in the snow this winter!
Old 08-12-2008, 12:54 PM
LevelCarnivore1
My Feedback: (1)

get both thats what i will do. so i got the losi all thats missing is the slash. i want something i can drive into the pool to clean it haha .
Old 08-10-2016, 05:49 PM
67Stingrayj

Guys,
how come when I google Losi Dst I don't get a real good feel for what this RC truly is? Is this post really THAT old?
Old 08-14-2016, 07:49 PM
dacaur

Losi DeSert Truck.....
And yea, 8 years is pretty old for a thread and also for a losi....