Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

mamba max cutoff - how do I tell when lipo is done?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 08:32 PM
chadr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mamba max cutoff - how do I tell when lipo is done?

I'm about one week new to mamba max and lipo. I've set the esc to 6.5v cutoff for my 2s lipo packs to be safe. What happens when the cutoff is reached under load? Does the car suddenly lose power under acceleration - it seemed like this happened a few times today using my 5000 mah pack. Almost like power was turned off, then on, off then on again. Or should it slow down noticeably? I have my punch control set to 100% so the load on the battery is less than if I were to run with less punch control. My lipo packs are maxamps 2s 5000 mah and 3000 mah both at 20c. The most I've really put back into the 5000 mah pack during a charge is around 3500 mah so I am not running the pack down too far. Today I took it a little further to see what the voltage cutoff would do... I stopped the car every 5 minutes to check the voltage with my multimeter to get a feel for what is happening. When I measured 7.45v I decided that was low enough since I hear that 7.4 resting voltage is the limit in order to avoid damage.

Maybe I could set the cutoff voltage higher and higher to see the effect, or even run nimh to see what happens?