Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
My Rustler (upgraded)
46.88%
E-firestorm Flux
53.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

My Rustler Vs E-firestorm Flux (fun poll)

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 06:31 PM
warheadforever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Rustler Vs E-firestorm Flux (fun poll)

I say RUSTLER! LOL I just like Traxxas more.....for no real reason..But that is just my opinion....
Old 08-25-2008, 06:39 PM
Krazy Chicken

ORIGINAL: Always Dreamin
, i'm going to take a "naked" picture now.
eww, no one wants to see that lol, i like the e firestorm, but ive had bad luck with traxxas[:@]
Old 08-25-2008, 06:44 PM
mercerbeef

needed to even the photos, poll started to seem trxs heavy LOL
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44683.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	1019492  
Old 08-25-2008, 07:03 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

ORIGINAL: CustomTamiyas4Life

ORIGINAL: Takedown

I've owned both and firestorm for sure. Stock it has a bulletproof drivetrain, great handling, durability, and much better looks than any stock bodied rusty.
Don't even start with features. I could go on all day. BTW, my car has a bullet proof driveline, and IMO is stronger then a Flux. Bodies are just that, they're only purpose IMO is to protect the outside, plus I go through bodies all the time.
I could on all day, the firestorm makes a rustler look like a toy. I think it's impossible for a rusty to have a stronger drivetrain seeing that the case of a pede tranny will fail before the firestorm, and solid steel gears, outdrives, and drive shafts as as good as it gets for durability. After 9 months my firestorm's gears, driveshafts, and outdrives still look new.
To tell you the truth I would rather bash a t4 which is weak as hell than bash an e-fire. Because I know that one day will come were you will break a part and when you do it wont cost $20... HPI's replacements are rediculously overpriced and thats what drives me away from ever buying one of their 1/10's. Even the almighty savage took an average beating and lost to the warhead in durability from my perspective. Its just another case of "overrated"...
I would have to agree with expensive replacements. The thing is, you rarely need replacements.
I saw your E-firestorm videos, and no wonder you never break anything. Get a video of you bashing really hard.
In the second vid I got 5+ feet of air a couple times and rolled bad once. I'm past the 12 year old stage of bash everything to the point of wearing every part of the truck. I prefer the stuff that takes skill and finesse now rather than massive jumps. There is a local sand pit I need to get some vids at though. Some nice jumps and hill climbs.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:51 PM
emaXXman123
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: SN33KY

There are heaps of upgrades for the E-firestorm just check the other thread, you read it yourself. You just want to talk up your Rustler, this thread is like pointless.
ust like all your 102 posts..

i'd say you gotta go with the rustler! its a great truck! even though i have the xl-5 with a sv2 mod 15 on a 2s lipo it hauls!! only thing i seem to break is the casterblock or the plastic turnbuckle [:'(] but its not that expensive. but i was full on racing at this track called ocrc and i was flyin by and stuff and absolutely nothing broke!!! except a spur. whose spur doesnt strip every once in a while? but anyways i saw your rustler and id say keep it because like people have said you have put so much work into your rustler its just gotta be a keeper now its kinda like my lx-10 bandit haha its so old you just gotta keep it!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 09:28 PM
The Hedgehog

I thought it was time for another Alway's Dreaming patenting decide for me threads.

IMO if you are going to ask for advice, don't put down other people's recommendations. You ask for recommendations than keep defending you rustler. You already decided on the rustler obviously so what's the point.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:55 AM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

I thought it was time for another Alway's Dreaming patenting decide for me threads.

IMO if you are going to ask for advice, don't put down other people's recommendations. You ask for recommendations than keep defending you rustler. You already decided on the rustler obviously so what's the point.
That's not true, not at all. I'm trying to talk myself into the Rustler because it's cheaper. My parents said that if I get good grades in the first quarter of high school, they will buy the truck for me. I got a couple months to decide.

I wasn't trying to show off my truck at all, honestly.. I was just trying to see what you guys think. I know most of you haven't driven both, and I'm not basing the decision on the poll.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:58 AM
Always Dreamin

Since I have a couple months to decide, I figured why not have fun with the Rustler until then. I put on a receiver box, and did my own work. I made the battery tray a little larger, and put some holes in the bottom of the receiver box. Let me know what you guys think.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21871.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	1019749   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je98900.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	1019750