Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
My Rustler (upgraded)
46.88%
E-firestorm Flux
53.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

My Rustler Vs E-firestorm Flux (fun poll)

Old 08-25-2008, 03:07 PM
Always Dreamin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Rustler Vs E-firestorm Flux (fun poll)

I keep hearing how the E-firestorm is really strong, even as strong as the good ol' Rustler. If that's true, plus it's handling, that in my eyes makes it a winner. This is just a fun poll to see what you guys think is the stronger car and better for bashing. I was looking at selling my Rustler for one of these. IMO, it's hands down that the Rustler is a better basher, keep in mind, my Rustler has upgrades. From what I've been hearing in the E-firestorm thread, this truck is able to make crashes at full speed and not break much. I am looking to either sell the Rustler and buy the Flux, or keep the Rustler. Please note this poll will not have a very large effect on my decision. Anyways, on with the poll.

First up, My Rustler:

Upgrades include
RPM everywhere
Bearings
Swami bar
Dirt hawgs
Vxl system
high torque servo
metal gears
steel output yolks
jato driveshafts
Aluminum shocks
The works

Next up, E-firestorm Flux:

You guys already know what this one comes with. It will be stock.

Please keep in mind that i'm a basher, and durability means more to me then handling.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73491.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	1019343   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61723.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	1019344  
Old 08-25-2008, 03:09 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

Default RE: My Rustler Vs E-firestorm Flux (fun poll)

Rustler since u have it and IMO is going to be a better a basher.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:13 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

I've owned both and firestorm for sure. Stock it has a bulletproof drivetrain, great handling, durability, and much better looks than any stock bodied rusty.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:15 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: CustomTamiyas4Life

I've owned both and firestorm for sure. Stock it has a bulletproof drivetrain, great handling, durability, and much better looks than any stock bodied rusty.
Don't even start with features. I could go on all day. BTW, my car has a bullet proof driveline, and IMO is stronger then a Flux. Bodies are just that, they're only purpose IMO is to protect the outside, plus I go through bodies all the time.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:21 PM
Takedown

With how much your current rustler is upgrade already its pretty much industructable when it comes to bashing. I wouldnt even concider buying the e-fire with all the work/time & effort you've put into your rustler to make it the way you want.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:23 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

ORIGINAL: Always Dreamin

Don't even start with features. I could go on all day. BTW, my car has a bullet proof driveline, and IMO is stronger then a Flux. Bodies are just that, they're only purpose IMO is to protect the outside, plus I go through bodies all the time.
I could on all day, the firestorm makes a rustler look like a toy. I think it's impossible for a rusty to have a stronger drivetrain seeing that the case of a pede tranny will fail before the firestorm, and solid steel gears, outdrives, and drive shafts as as good as it gets for durability. After 9 months my firestorm's gears, driveshafts, and outdrives still look new.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:24 PM
Always Dreamin

Thanks, Takedown. I would have to agree.

Does the E-firestorm have aluminum shocks, Rpm, great parts support, high torque servo, wheelie bar, wide front bumper, bearings (not sure)...

but anyways, i'm going to take a "naked" picture now.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:27 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

Does the E-firestorm have aluminum shocks, Rpm, great parts support, high torque servo, wheelie bar, wide front bumper, bearings (not sure)...

You are confusing, at first you wanted a firestorm now all you do is defend your truck? I'm just saying from owning both I never look back.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:28 PM
Takedown

I could on all day, the firestorm makes a rustler look like a toy. I think it's impossible for a rusty to have a stronger drivetrain seeing that the case of a pede tranny will fail before the firestorm, and solid steel gears, outdrives, and drive shafts as as good as it gets for durability. After 9 months my firestorm's gears, driveshafts, and outdrives still look new.
To tell you the truth I would rather bash a t4 which is weak as hell than bash an e-fire. Because I know that one day will come were you will break a part and when you do it wont cost $20... HPI's replacements are rediculously overpriced and thats what drives me away from ever buying one of their 1/10's. Even the almighty savage took an average beating and lost to the warhead in durability from my perspective. Its just another case of "overrated"...
Old 08-25-2008, 03:31 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

ORIGINAL: Takedown

To tell you the truth I would rather bash a t4 which is weak as hell than bash an e-fire. Because I know that one day will come were you will break a part and when you do it wont cost $20... HPI's replacements are rediculously overpriced and thats what drives me away from ever buying one of their 1/10's. Even the almighty savage took an average beating and lost to the warhead in durability from my perspective. Its just another case of "overrated"...
I would have to agree with expensive replacements. The thing is, you rarely need replacements.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Takedown

I would have to agree with expensive replacements. The thing is, you rarely need replacements.
Thats not the point... Thats a huge factor to concider when purchasing an r/c.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:35 PM
Always Dreamin

You are confusing, at first you wanted a firestorm now all you do is defend your truck? I'm just saying from owning both I never look back.
I do want the E-firestorm. I'm just not sure if it's because it's "new" or if it's because I really like it better. I just don't want to get it and regret it later.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Takedown

You probably wont regret it unless you break somthing. Then its $20 for a replacement...
Old 08-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Always Dreamin

Another thing is that when I walk into my LHS the shelves are filled with Traxxas. Not too much Hpi. Not that Hpi isn't a good brand, I have nothing against them.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:37 PM
SlashBasher
My Feedback: (8)

THE RUSTLER!!!!!!!!!

Lokk at all the time and money you put in it. The rpm is indestrucable plus it can take a 3s lipo and be much faster. Its just a full blown basher and since thats what you do why change. The e-firestorm is more of a light basher/racer. The rustler the way it is is more durable and faster.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:39 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

You probably wont regret it unless you break somthing. Then its $20 for a replacement...
Now that's an exaggeration. I got a new arm set for about 11 dollars including shipping. You should be happy you even have an lhs. Every time I break something it HAS to be ordered online.
Revotrx3
Banned

ORIGINAL: evaderkid

THE RUSTLER!!!!!!!!!

Lokk at all the time and money you put in it. The rpm is indestrucable plus it can take a 3s lipo and be much faster. Its just a full blown basher and since thats what you do why change. The e-firestorm is more of a light basher/racer. The rustler the way it is is more durable and faster.
I agree
mercerbeef

is this just a discussion or are you actually gonna bash the hell outta them til stuff breaks? i wouldn't mind seeing the destruction, i mean bashing.
both trucks full speed into a fence post? sideways into a wall? end over end, cart wheeling after a huge jump? what breaks first? no, who breaks first? LOLOLOLOLOL
Old 08-25-2008, 03:41 PM
Always Dreamin

Now that's an exaggeration. I got a new arm set for about 11 dollars including shipping. You should be happy you even have an lhs. Every time I break something it HAS to be ordered online.
I do appreciate the fact that when I break my car on a Tuesday, I can go to the LHS and have it running by Wednesday.

Thanks Evaderkid!
Old 08-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Takedown

It is exxageration but look, you just spent $11 on a set of arms.... Its like $4-5 for a set of arms from traxxas and $11 for a set of rpm arms.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:43 PM
SlashBasher
My Feedback: (8)

No problem....just trying to help ya out.... I mean the e-firestorm is awsome. My friend has one but my pede with rpm is way more durable.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:10 PM
electricrcdude

Wait a sec its $11 for the UPGRADED composite arms for the 'Storm. Light basher? I think not. Buddy of mine has a Rustler VXL. He has broken more little things than I can count. I have not broken a thing. Not that I do not like the VXL, it is an awesome car, I would just rather have the 'Storm stock than the VXL. Yes my buddy has RPM parts. Anyways with the 'Storm you can use some T4 parts, and in some ways can turn out stronger than the Rustler.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Always Dreamin

I saw your E-firestorm videos, and no wonder you never break anything. Get a video of you bashing really hard.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:37 PM
DARKWAV

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

You'll definately want to get a rear bumper for bashing the Flux to protect that expensive brushless motor. T-Bone racing is the only one who makes a set.

Servo on the Flux is an entry level Futaba unit. You may not need to replace the stock one right away but I doubt it would hold-up long term to bashing.

So, my recommendation for anyone grabbing a Flux is to pick up the bumper set right away for $20. Next upgrade on-down the road would be to replace that servo for around $30-35
Old 08-25-2008, 06:30 PM
SN33KY

There are heaps of upgrades for the E-firestorm just check the other thread, you read it yourself. You just want to talk up your Rustler, this thread is like pointless.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.