Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Good single battery electric 4wd truck?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 12:59 PM
nukervilletrolle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good single battery electric 4wd truck?

I like the E-revo, but I would really prefer a 1/10 truck that is single battery. I am not overly interested in super speed, but I do not want a rock crawler. I would also like to be able to find parts. I thought about converting my DF-02, but that buggy overheats a 27-turn geared all the way down with regular sized tires (I use high capacity batteries). If the DF-02 were capable of more gearing combos, I would use it. If I get one, I am planning to use for some fast runs up dirt, grass, gravel hills, and general bashing. Any ideas?
Old 09-03-2008, 01:09 PM
460ford
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Good single battery electric 4wd truck?

I changed my df02 into a truck and really enjoy it. I have an e revo, but the single batt and weight of the df02 makes it more fun and less likely to break. I am running a vxl motor and a mm esc w/stock gearing - no heat issues and very torquey (sp). I also have a tamiya twin detonator that is fun and tough but the suspension is too bouncy, it has two motors but seems to run for a long time. CEN is suppose to be coming out w/ a 4wd truck based on one of their nitros - looks good and should be durable if it is the same as the nitro version. There are also bonzer trucks on ebay that are knockoffs of tamiyas, so you can get parts when they break. I have two of them too, but like the df02 best.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:16 PM
J.D.T

+1 on the df 02
Old 09-03-2008, 01:23 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

If you will Consider 2 motors then maybe the tamiya Twin det, ect.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:24 PM
nukervilletrolle

Like I said, I am running 15 or 16 tooth (whatever is the lowest it can accept) and a 27 turn motor but I am still overheating 180+ on longer runs. I do not want to go brushless in the df-02. How do you keep it cool? What is the stock spur, what spurs are available, what size hex hubs are on the DF-02, and how do I use that POS motor mount to mesh properly with a bigger spur?
Old 09-03-2008, 01:45 PM
nukervilletrolle

Could my motor be getting hot because of the 24 degree stock timing? Do you think a 19-turn with 0 timing might run cooler?
Old 09-03-2008, 07:19 PM
nukervilletrolle

Well let's say hypothetically, that I strapped my modified 19 turn to the DF-02 and it hit 240 degrees F endbell during a run geared 16/70. What kind of aftermarket brushed motors are others running in the DF-02? There is no binding in my drivetrain.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Kitsune
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: guver

If you will Consider 2 motors then maybe the tamiya Twin det, ect.
I second that. Both my brother and I have that chassis and it works really well. With thier low gear ratio, light weight, and dual motors, they rarely get the motors hot.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:39 AM
xism

you will get alot of fun and great runtime with a super clod buster