Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 Diff rebuild question

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 09:54 AM
04DarkShadowGT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 Diff rebuild question

Ok so I blew out the rear diff on the ZX-5. I am going to be rebuilding it, but have a question.

How the heck do you get the balls of thrust bearing to stay where they are supposed to when you put them in the drive cup part.

It comes with two flat washer and 8 diff balls. Its a major pain in the butt to get them to stay put. Any suggestions?

http://images.amainhobbies.com/image.../kyobrg100.jpg
Old 10-31-2008, 12:56 PM
yellow1

Default RE: Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 Diff rebuild question

put a thick layer of grease on the washer, and plop the balls on top, and squish 'em in with the other washer... wipe off the excess, and put it all together...
Old 10-31-2008, 04:16 PM
Chris_RC

Default RE: Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 Diff rebuild question

You NEED to get [link=http://bfastrc.com/index.html]THIS[/link]. The diff rings will make the biggest performance increase in steering and handling. When you get the pro drivers kit, the diff will also last alot longer and be alot smoother than with stock. And the thrust bearings are caged so you dont have to try to get them all even.