Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

water jacket help

Old 11-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Snaut Rocket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water jacket help

I was going to buy this water jacket for a feigao.

and was wondering how does it work.
DO i fill it up with water and connect some fuel line to the 2 nozzles, and it circulates. I cant find no info on these.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:11 PM
fusebmx13

Default RE: water jacket help

I thought those were for boats. You use them in boats and it uses water from wherever you are running to circulate through it.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:44 AM
dacaur

yea those are for boats, not cars.... it picks up water from the lake, circulates it through the water jacket, and spits it back into the lake... If you wanted to use it in a car, you would need a water reservoir, a water pump, a radiator, and a fan... Its doable, but would be a huge waste of time....
Old 11-04-2008, 05:08 AM
rhylsadar

hi

watercooling in cars is a very good idea. not too much is needed. some kind of radiator (you can use small cooling blocs used in pc cooling), some tubes and some kind of pump. of course an electrical small pump is nice but its also costly (TCS makes small pumps running on 6V). otherwise you can use a small handpump like [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFUD3&P=7]this[/link] one. so when changing batteries you push the primer a few times. of course it would be nice to have a watercooled esc too to include in the watercircuit.

the waterjacked for the feigao is nice. however the bearingshields of the feigao are not srewed so you usually have to fix them with a motorclamp or something which makes it not so easy to use those waterjackets anymore. but there are motorclamps that allow you to use those waterjackets. if you have a motor that does not need to be supported it would be easier (e.g. like a medusa or NEU S version).

bye
rhylsadar

motorclamps to support the feigao

watercooled esc

a watercooled savage i did some years ago. i started out with a water reservoir and a electrical pump but it turned out to be not that necessary.

later i had the system in this watercooled truggy

Old 11-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Snaut Rocket

thanks guys, i will just get the heat sink.
Didnt know it was for boats.