Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Do I dare try? (snow)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 07:37 PM
clamber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I dare try? (snow)

Im sure there have been tons of threads on this, but I couldnt find any that completely answered my question.

Okay so I live in Utah, and we get tons of snow. But in between snow storms theres lots of hardpack/icy snow which looks like a complete wonderland for rc cars.

I wont be driving it in powder where snow will be getting into all the nooks and crannies. I will just be driving it on hardpack.

So my questions are:

1. Can I waterproof my electronics?
2. If so, is it hard?
3. Other than electronics, is there any other damage that can be done? Ill clean it thoroughly after every run so I shouldnt have to worry about anything other than the electronics right?
Old 12-12-2008, 08:07 PM
MuggyDude

Default RE: Do I dare try? (snow)

Go to the waterproofing thread, shows you how to water proof all of your electronics. Receiver, servo, ESC...
Old 12-12-2008, 09:00 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7803695/anchors_7803695/mpage_1/key_waterproof/anchor/tm.htm#7803695]CLICK HERE!![/link]
Old 12-13-2008, 08:51 AM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: clamber
3. Other than electronics, is there any other damage that can be done? Ill clean it thoroughly after every run so I shouldnt have to worry about anything other than the electronics right?
Just dry everything off when you come in and give bare steel parts (screws, tierods, etc) a quick spray with WD40 to prevent them from rusting.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:38 PM
lee172

ORIGINAL: drevil

ORIGINAL: clamber
Just dry everything off when you come in and give bare steel parts (screws, tierods, etc) a quick spray with WD40 to prevent them from rusting.
or invest in titanium screws [8D]