Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

What's so fun about the Traxxas Slash??

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 08:53 PM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default What's so fun about the Traxxas Slash??

My next RC car will either be the Traxxas Slash or a 1/18 Monster Truck. Both are similar priced

I have nothing but positive comments on this car but don't know how is it different from RC cars.

I was reading a RC magazine today and one of the editor said that when he ran his Slash, 10 people came to look and one of the guys went straight to the hobby shop after that..I was like...you know..

also, one more thing...I know that the Slash is waterproof, how about battery? is there a water proof box where you can put the battery too??
Old 01-26-2009, 08:56 PM
franzcars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What's so fun about the Traxxas Slash??

its stroung. cool. and water proof. snow and puddles arent bad for it
Old 01-26-2009, 08:58 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What 1/18 rc are you looking at getting if you don't get a Slash?

Hands down the Slash is a great basher and racer. It shares parts with the Stampede and Rustler which makes getting parts for it easy.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:07 PM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

I'd recommend holding on for the SC10. From the perspective of a Stampede owner, I'm looking for a slightly more high quality car, so it seems that the SC10 may be a better choice.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:23 PM
samguan

maybe the Mini LST2???
Old 01-26-2009, 09:35 PM
deanR

I would choose a slash over a MLST2. But, If I were you, I would wait until the new associated SC10 comes out.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:40 PM
samguan

ORIGINAL: deanR

I would choose a slash over a MLST2. But, If I were you, I would wait until the new associated SC10 comes out.
Ya, that's what I thought too...I think Slash is better in terms of value. Both are priced at $199USD. And the thing that attract me about the Slash is the price. How much would the Associated SC10 cost?? When will it come out. I heard that it will be pretty expensive
Old 01-26-2009, 09:43 PM
deanR

Well I think if associated wants to compete with the slash it should be priced around the same. I dont know when its supposed to come out. I really like the new amsoil and fabtech slash bodies.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:45 PM
samguan

Is there any news that the SC10 will be 4WD?? I will definitely wait for it, if it's 4WD.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:48 PM
samguan

I think the SC10 will be worthwhile waiting.. I think anytime they are comming out with a new product to compete with competitors, I think they will put some good features in it.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:33 PM
wwnh

What kind of speed does a stock slash get with a good 6 cell?
Old 01-26-2009, 11:13 PM
johnnyr135

I was going to buy the same mini as you but after I read more I saw that there are a lot of clubs racing the Slash by me. I bought the Slash and it was a great move I love driving it. The truck handles great and is pretty darn fast and there are a lot of mods for it. You will love it
Old 01-27-2009, 02:08 AM
JustinEvader

My bro owns a slash and that thing is a great basher... hes taken it off jumps and ran them straight into trees at 54 mph and nothing breaks its a great car
Old 01-27-2009, 02:23 AM
lapiaz

ORIGINAL: deanR

Well I think if associated wants to compete with the slash it should be priced around the same. I dont know when its supposed to come out. I really like the new amsoil and fabtech slash bodies.

not just the price , they will need to make it as hard and waterproof as the slash.
Now if the came out with a 4WD electric tthey may stand a chance ...
Old 01-27-2009, 03:27 AM
DARKWAV

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm guessing the SC10 will probably be smaller, potentially not making it quite as good a basher truck since it would not have as much ground clearance. But if it does turn out to be 4WD that could help.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:00 PM
Lilredmachine

I think, like most other decent stadium truck based vehicles from the more race orientated companies (see Losi Desert Truck), the SC10 will school the Slash around the track. However there is little information around regarding the SC10, like what it is based on, it's size and chassis arrangement.

The Slash is pretty tough, it's taken me around a week to break a rear hub with the VXL running 3s and 25/86 gearing, I honestly couldn't damage it when it was stock.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:23 PM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

The title of this thread reminds me of an old adage: "If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand."

I don't mean that in a sarcastic or rude way; it's just that much of the appeal of the Slash is intangible, it's not the most scale truck, it's not the BEST handling truck, it's not a lot of things, but what it is, works.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:39 AM
monsterbrad

I have to say after reading all about this truck and doing this hobby for 19 years now I feel I need to have one just to see what all the hipe is.
I have an older XXXT that just sits cause it's strictly a racer.
Anybody want it as a roller cheap?
Old 01-28-2009, 09:06 AM
86waterpumper

I was sort of on the fence around christmas about getting the slash, but when I saw someone on here show comparison pics to a stampede or some other 1/10 that clenched it for me, The size of the slash is huge, in fact I would rate it a 1/8 scale, not just in width but in length.
I do think the sc10 will be nice when it comes out, and it's true it will probably do better on the track, but I don't regret getting the slash. It's probably the better basher to be honest, the sc10 will probably have a ball diff etc which would be better for track use but not bashing and I do figure the size of it will be smaller. I don't see it coming out 4x4 and costing as little as the slash does but we will see.
Here are some things I like about the slash, The cost is reasonable for what you get, the electronics are waterproof, (yes I know alot say all rcs are, but they probably won't be warrantied as such) and I also like the size and the realistic looks etc. The battery holddown is very versatile too, way more than any other rc I have. You can use sxs packs, 7 or 8 or even 9 cell packs, or lipo or regular stick packs etc and the esc is even decent. Another plus is that now you can get the sponsored fabtech and amsoil bodies on the rtr for the same cost, so it looks much better now. I think mine was a great deal and I don't even live somewhere that I can race it...
Old 01-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Smiff 24

For me, what makes this truck special.....
Its realism, the way it looks for one, and when its on the track, watch the suspension travel...
the long travel shocks soak up the bumps and the body rolls and leans back & forth, just like the real thang !
Ive been savin my r/c $$ for a crawler but I may get swayed by this one.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:42 PM
fusebmx13

To me what makes it so much fun is partly the realism and the other part being able to jump as hard as i can and not break this thing. I have been trying to break it with brushless and 3s lipo for months. Only broke a front arm, caster block, and tranny case. replaced the tranny case, and arms and casters with rpm ones i had laying around for my pede and i have not broken it since. So far it is a really cheap truck and performs great.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:00 PM
Redvanmafia

Its a fun truck, the body sits over the wheels for intence racing action!, its durable stock and can be had for cheap!
Old 01-29-2009, 03:59 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a nice truck but definitely not the the end all and be all of RC innovation that it's made out to be. It's a normal 2wd truck with shorter arms and a more scale look.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:08 PM
Lilredmachine

The slash is also whatever you want it to be. Here are my plans. No need for it to stay as a scale off road truck. It looks tough as nails as an on road touring car worrier.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66668.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	1122556   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm38752.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	1122557   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu51676.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1122558   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pj18625.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	1122559  
Old 01-29-2009, 06:43 PM
Cheap Guy

I've said it before, I really don't care for the cartoon-look of most off-road RC vehicles, be it buggies or trucks. I've become a Traxxas fan, but I really don't care for the looks of the Rustler, both the body and the way the wheels stick way out there. The Bandit is just flat out ugly. The Slash looks like a real car, and from the vehicles, looks like it handles like a real car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.