Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

vintage RC 10

Old 01-28-2009, 03:58 PM
idaho kid
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vintage RC 10

Hi, does anyone know what model this RC 10 is and what year it was produced?
Thanks,
Gary
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65525.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	1121870   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj25800.jpg
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	1121871   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd82011.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	1121872   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cv62472.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	1121873   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gr93072.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	1121874   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gx31782.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	1121875  
Old 01-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: vintage RC 10

I'm almost positive that looks like an original RC10 from the mid to late eighties. While it's not the true original, an Edinger version that has different andonization coloring and different opaque white plastic, it's as original as you're going to find. The Edinger RC10's are VERY VERY VERY RARE(I have one, ha ha)! If you plan on driving it I would start buying some replacement parts NOW! AE is discontinuing ALL parts for models that are not currently in production. I think the economy must have had something to do with this move. Anyhow, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask me. I'm a bit of a vintage AE officianado. Nice score on the old school car. I would probably remove the truck conversion and make it a buggy again, but that's just me. You'll find that you can still beat the crap out of people racing the new stuff with these old AE's.[8D]
Old 01-28-2009, 04:27 PM
idaho kid

I was hoping someone would say that! I want to restore it back to a buggy. Where is a good place to buy new parts. I was at the RC10.com site but couldn't find the link for the parts for this model. I was told that it has the original motor and it still runs strong. Also is that orange Novak speed control original? Thanks for your help.

Gary
Old 01-28-2009, 08:14 PM
Smiff 24

thats a real nice gold pan,Ive got a couple but not that nice a one.
is that the stealth trans ?
have you just bought it or had it a while ?
Old 01-29-2009, 01:54 AM
idaho kid

Hi, I just bought it Saturday on craiglist from a guy that needed money, looks like I got a real good deal. Don't know if it's the stealth trans. It is in pretty good condition, only one small scratch on the bottom of the pan. I did run it on Saturday when I got it. If it's that rare I don't know if I want to run it anymore. I'd like to replace all the plastic with new and restore it back to a buggy. Now I've got to find the parts.
Thanks,
Gary
Old 01-29-2009, 07:21 AM
hdmm

Good find !

My first "real" racing RC car that I competed with was a original gold pan RC10 (1988) Yeah I'm that freaking old!!! [8D]

P.S. The best place to find parts is probably Ebay for that, it would be good if you could find a parts breakdown or parts list for the car so you have all the correct part numbers.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:36 PM
idaho kid

Thanks for all the replies, come to find out this is just a plain old run of the mill 6 gear RC 10, not an Edinger, but that's ok. I'm going to start restoring by relocating those electronics this weekend. Here's a couple more pics.

Gary
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23559.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	1122540   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15275.jpg
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	1122541  
Old 01-29-2009, 03:58 PM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

Yeah, the Edingers were different colors. Not a lot different, but a noticeable difference. As you've discovered, it is a 6 gear in that car. Finding new WHITE parts is VERY time consuming. Associated hasn't made the white parts in probably 15 years or so. I've spent a lot of time on ebay over the past several months collecting white parts for both the RC10 and original 10T. They are going for fairly cheap prices right now and it's a good time to buy. The economy has rendered parts that used to be $50 down to about $10-20. It's great for me, but sucks for those selling. I buy both NIP(New in package) and good condition used parts for my collection. You can reanodize chassis' so they look like brand new, but if yours only has one scratch I wouldn't mess with it. Whether or not you drive it is kind of a tough call. It looks to be in VERY good shape by the pics, so it's probably not worth driving and beating up, but if you want to drive it I guarantee you'll enjoy it. So, I guess it's off to ebay for you over the next few months.

P.S. - What motor is in it. Their are two originals for that car, maybe even three. Their is the motor that has Associated written on it and it's blue and silver, their was the Slot Machine, and I think their was a different one that came in the VERY ORIGINALS, but those are so rare I can't even remember what it was. As for the ESC, no yours is not original. Originally they had MSC's and the battery tray sat transversed(sideways) in the chassis.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:34 AM
idaho kid

Hi Barber, thanks for the info. The only parts I need that I can tell are the battery strap and I broke the right front steering arm (knuckle). I have the bue and silver motor in mine. I can see that parts will be hard to find. If you have a steering arm or battery strap that you'd be willing to part with I'd sure appreciate it (I'd pay you of course). I think I'm just going to take it apart, clean it up real good and put it back together and shelf it, it's too nice to bash it and beat it up. I'll probably try to find one that's a basher and buy it. The short time I ran this one I had a blast with it, so I guess I'm hooked on the old RC 10's! I may need some advice in the future so I was wondering if it would be ok to pm you with a question or two?
Thanks again,
Gary