Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Not a very pleased person HELP!!!

Old 02-02-2009, 04:50 PM
ELECTRICRC1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not a very pleased person HELP!!!

well here is the story i bought a new e maxx and took it out for a few runs and then i decided to take it of some homemade snow jumps i made them so that there were soft landings but of course after a few jumps my dad (40 years of experience) decides to give it more juice than i did and if flew over landing pad and landed fine but we quickly discovered that my purchase wasnt such a great one. 3 fronts shocks and shock tower decided to give. And it was 1 celsius so not even below freezing and it broke. My dad agreed to pay for damages but i wanted something different i wanted to take back the e maxx to the store but they wouldnt take it back so now i want to get rid of the truck(its fixed now) and keep electronics and get a solid rtr or kit that i can bash in winter and summer i dont have alot of dirt in my area but there are some good bash spots but mostly used for winter and on road bashing(dont like on road cars cause i like to do some jumps). please no cheapos. my price range would be in the 250 - 350 range. THanks guys
Old 02-02-2009, 04:54 PM
franzcars

Default RE: Not a very pleased person HELP!!!

get the slash. its a alsome snow basher.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:07 PM
ELECTRICRC1

can the slash be able to go on road? i thought i was only ment to bash on dirt or snow.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:10 PM
SlashBasher
My Feedback: (8)

Anything is going to brake easier in the cold, even a slash. Cold makes plastic brittle. Just keep the e-maxx because you arent going to find something durable in cold temperatures.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:56 PM
Druss

I have to agree, you just have to be more careful when it's cold, doesn't matter whether it was -1 or +1, do you really think 2 deg will make a difference?
Old 02-02-2009, 06:14 PM
calvino

colder weather (near freezing) makes metal/plastic more brittle, just be carefull next time, you may want to upgrade the broken parts to RPM RC, super tough.... [8D]
Old 02-02-2009, 06:16 PM
JJay03

Upgrade the emaxx a little to take the beating. Get some shock caps and a rpm shock tower.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Chris_RC

LOL, This isnt a Walmart car where when it breaks you can take it back!
Old 02-02-2009, 06:34 PM
JJay03

When stuff breaks instead of being mad at the car I like to think of it as a learning experience lol.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:49 PM
deanR

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

LOL, This isnt a Walmart car where when it breaks you can take it back!
haha, true that
Old 02-02-2009, 06:50 PM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like the person driving was at fault here. Seriously the E-Maxx is not perfect but it's a pretty tough truck. Think about this. You said it was +1C outside. How thick do you think the shock fluid was at that temp? When the truck landed it tried to force that thick fluid through tiny holes in the shock piston and the shock basically locked up sent a shock through the entire front end and that what broke the parts. I've done similar stuff and had the same problems. Minor bumps in a bandit at 60+ MPH in +5F weather blew off both rear shock caps. That was not a huge hit. Just normal waves and bumps in a road. You have to be easier on them when it cold. Plastic and metal are brittle and fluids are thick. It would be hard to find a better 4x4 basher than the E-maxx. The Revo and E-savage are about you're only real alternatives.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:58 PM
NjBasher

traxxas shocks brake all the time plus the temp ur running at. just look into aluminum shocks will never brake
Old 02-02-2009, 07:03 PM
Mekong

The slash would be worse for jumps, that huge body acts like a sail.

Stick with the e-maxx and upgrade!
Old 02-02-2009, 08:11 PM
ELECTRICRC1

I think some of you didnt read my entire post MY DAD was the one who broke it not me i was mad because i miss calculated the driving conditions and i had to pay the price. But yes i am keeping the maxx and just recently (2 hours ago) bought front /rear rpm shock towers and aluminum shocks. My lhs loves me now!!
THanks for the help guys.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:05 AM
1maxdude

Expect things like this to happen. Really, things are going to break, don't be all butt hurt because you or your dad broke something. It's all replaceable/upgradeable. And it's relatively cheap unless you jump it into a tree shredder or something.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:51 AM
rustlerdog

When stuff breaks, it just gives you a valid excuse to upgrade to better stuff... Enjoy it!
Old 02-03-2009, 09:04 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: 1maxdude

. And it's relatively cheap unless you jump it into a tree shredder or something.
That's funny. I saw a guy on my block run his touring car right under one of those industrial lawn mowers that the lawn services use. Needless to say there wasn't much left.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:08 PM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: Druss

I have to agree, you just have to be more careful when it's cold, doesn't matter whether it was -1 or +1, do you really think 2 deg will make a difference?
Strange, none of my Tamiya vehicles have breaking problems in cold weather. Yet when I drive any of my Traxxas's or newer Losis, it happens all the time.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Tricksligger

ORIGINAL: john01374

ORIGINAL: 1maxdude

. And it's relatively cheap unless you jump it into a tree shredder or something.
That's funny. I saw a guy on my block run his touring car right under one of those industrial lawn mowers that the lawn services use. Needless to say there wasn't much left.
Nelson Points and laughs!!! HAA HAA!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 12:59 PM
mycarisaser

Do your self a favor and get the rpm front bumper and skids. It helps take alot of the abuse so the front doesnt brake. I did that and got the rpm shock towers and went with the losi 8t shocks. It was golden! Didnt have any more issues after that. I did go with aluminum bulks(later) but that was just for peice of mind! RPM makes great stuff for the maxxs