Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

fun time jumping until

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 08:56 PM
savage_x_basher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fun time jumping until

Had a fun day bashing my Slash,got around 8 to 10ft of air until it landed on the back from around 10 ft nearly snapping the whole back of the truck off.Gona cost around $30 to $40 to fix.Any way had a great bashing day,just ask so cal nitro basher.

And then
Old 02-08-2009, 09:42 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: fun time jumping until

Ahh, to much fun... Traxxas should have made the rear of that a little stronger. Oh well, asfalt isnt forgiving.....
Old 02-13-2009, 10:37 PM
So Cal

haha your car is clean and mine is super muddy.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:55 PM
deanR

why does it cost $40? are you having the lhs do it?
Old 02-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Tricksligger

ORIGINAL: So Cal Nitro Basher

haha your car is clean and mine is super muddy.
What wheels are those on the slash?
Old 02-14-2009, 08:52 PM
speedtrash

dude the slash is the only traxxas that ill vouch for as being an ultimate basher. i lay money that you landed on your tail in the street more than twice. tht part is an 8 dollar part i think. if your hobb shop is doin it for you theyre rippin you off. the only time ive broken that piece is after a few months of bashing and then deciding ot launch it off a flight of stairsbout 25 ft high.

you should inspect the rear of your chassis if you haven already, mine cracked there as well when the rear skidplate broke. i've ran a mambamax 7700kv since new.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:02 PM
Wild YFZ 450

ORIGINAL: speedtrash

dude the slash is the only traxxas that ill vouch for as being an ultimate basher. i lay money that you landed on your tail in the street more than twice. tht part is an 8 dollar part i think. if your hobb shop is doin it for you theyre rippin you off. the only time ive broken that piece is after a few months of bashing and then deciding ot launch it off a flight of stairsbout 25 ft high.

you should inspect the rear of your chassis if you haven already, mine cracked there as well when the rear skidplate broke. i've ran a mambamax 7700kv since new.
If you look the whole entire chassis is snapped also
Old 02-14-2009, 09:22 PM
trx1
My Feedback: (2)

garntee the pede would have handled that
Old 02-14-2009, 09:22 PM
speedtrash

ah, thats the same part of my chassis i busted, mine wasnt that bad i was able to just loosen the screw and put everything back in lace and retighten. the chassis costs 22 bucks though so if the shop is doin the work thats a good deal. id upgrade to rpm for the skidplate if you like to jump in the street. i think they offer a lifetime warranty on the parts they sell.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:36 PM
So Cal

Talked to him today, he is buyin the chassis the skidplate, and something else i dont remember. Oh and the wheels and tires are the stockers from a xt2 buggy.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:15 AM
Redvanmafia

i broke my stampede chassis today
Old 02-15-2009, 02:56 AM
savage_x_basher

The chassis is 18 bucks,then i have a rigged axle carrier from the xt2 buggy,(works but the wheel wobbles)stock ones are $3,today i bought a titanium skidplate for $15.Which is $36 so i guessed close.Im hoping the titanium skidplate should keep the chassis from breaking again.

And yes it was hitting pretty hard on the landings,but i didnt think much of it because I have bashed it pretty good before,must of hit just right or something.

Any other parts that i can use to strengthen the rear end?Also Does RPM make a axle carrier for a slash.Thanks

By the way this was done with a Orion Method r 19t motor with 23/90 gearing,the torque isnt great but it went fast,
Old 02-15-2009, 10:43 AM
speedtrash

yeah with bashing on unforgiving surfaces like the street you wanna try not to bottom out. and something is eventually going to break, id almost think that titanium skidplate would bend before an rpm plastic one would break, plus rpm i believe offers a lifetime warranty. i still run stock and have broken my chassis once and my rear skidplate once. thats after a few months of bashing with a mamba max 7700 kv 2 and 3 cell sometimes. and i dont drive it real well(i wreck alot but on dirt).