Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Electric revo and gas revo

Old 02-10-2009, 03:27 PM
idaho kid
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric revo and gas revo

Hi, does anyone know if Traxxas uses the same transmitter, receiver and servos in the electric and gas revos?
Thanks,
Gary
Old 02-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Metallover

Default RE: Electric revo and gas revo

As far as I know they do. Why does it matter? They are all interchangeable.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:49 PM
idaho kid

Thanks for the info, well I'm new to the hobby and don't have a great understanding of this stuff. I actually bought a radio and receiver from a Revo 3.3 on eBay to put in another truck that I have that had no radio and receiver. It's an electric truck, also got both servos in the deal, all brand new stuff for about $35 shipped, is that a good deal?
Thanks again,
Gary
Old 02-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Metallover

That sounds about what the stuff is worth. If it is waterproof that is also a plus. If it isn't that's no big deal, at least you are up and running.[8D]

Most parts like that are interchangable. Standard size servos, radios (if the transmitter, receiver, and crystals are the same frequency), wheels with same hex size, motors within the esc's turn limit, esc's that can handle your motor, majority of bodies , batteries that fit, etc.

The only things that won't be compatible are parts specific to the truck. Things like differentials and shock towers are for the most part stuck in one model.

If you have any more questions just post 'em up.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:44 PM
Racing T

ORIGINAL: idaho kid

Hi, does anyone know if Traxxas uses the same transmitter, receiver and servos in the electric and gas revos?
Thanks,
Gary
as far as I know, they don't, but you can use them in any of them, the servos of the e-revo are waterproof, but the ones on the nitro version don't, also the transmiter on the nitro revo is a tq3 meaning it is a 3 channel, so it have a extra buttom for reverse, the one on the e-revo is a 2 channel, as far as the receiver I am not sure, but like Metallover said, They are all interchangeable.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:13 AM
idaho kid

Thanks guys, well here's the one I got
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:B:BCA:US:1123
It says it's a 2 channel radio but I think the 3.3 is the gas truck, it says it's new from this truck, wonder why it's not a 3 channel radio.

Gary
Old 02-11-2009, 04:28 PM
04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: idaho kid

Thanks guys, well here's the one I got
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:B:BCA:US:1123
It says it's a 2 channel radio but I think the 3.3 is the gas truck, it says it's new from this truck, wonder why it's not a 3 channel radio.

Gary
The new 3.3 is suppsoed to have 3ch, the seller lied thats all.