Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Associated B4

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 08:06 PM
supamagician

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Associated B4

I know this is a race buggy, but do people still race 2wd buggies? Also, is this a good basher? I might be trading my Slash for one (P.S. I know the slash is a better basher, please dont tell me this) I just want the buggy cause it is faster, and is alot more track worthy. A pro driver I go to the track with says no one races them and they are hard to drive. Is this true?
Old 03-18-2009, 08:07 PM
supamagician

Default RE: Associated B4

Also , (I know a 4wd will be more responsive) but does a fast B4 have good air control?
Old 03-18-2009, 09:26 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

mine's taken a few good hits where i thought i had busted at least the arm for sure, but it was fine, i'd say they're good bashers, with a good motor or a BL system and good batts i've had lots of fun blasting it around my drive way, as for them being hard to control... either i'm a good driver or that guy likes easy to drive stuff, yeah it'll burn out plenty easy but if you know what you're doing and don't mash the trigger to bits you'll be good, thats what i found, i was running truck tires front and back but they were near bald for the most part cuz i got it used and then BL system... WOT and it stood still thats how bad my tires were, on a hard packed dirt road but still.... it just stood there... sliding to the side a little...

i'd say get it

the lug
Old 03-24-2009, 04:45 PM
techrider62

I love mine I've had it for 4 years.It takes a licking and keeps on ticking.all i do is bash with mine
Old 03-24-2009, 05:35 PM
Chris_RC

Who said they dont race 1/10 buggies anymore? Buggies are ideal for these kind of tracks, [link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcpoQovZBnI[/link]. Small, hardpacked/blue groove with not a lot of jumps. I really wouldnt bash a 1/10 buggy. As you can see in [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stRkCtrn3SY]THIS[/link] video, 1 hit and the whole front end breaks. The B4 is twitchy, but you can tone the steering down. They are hard to drive for rutted out tracks. They have decent air throttle response, none like a 4wd though.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:21 PM
monsterbombs

buggies are the bomb. they are harder to drive because they are more responsive. they handle alot
more nimble than trucks. you should take one out, even an evader buggie to see how they handle.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:47 PM
overrev

I like my b4,but its not a basher.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:09 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: evaderholic

buggies are the bomb. they are harder to drive because they are more responsive. they handle alot
more nimble than trucks. you should take one out, even an evader buggie to see how they handle.
I wouldnt get an evader buggy. Those handle nothing like the rb5, xxxcr, b4, or academy gv2. The evader is the old Losi XX design, way outdated. They are more nimble, but for bashing, they are harder to drive because most placesa rent very smooth. They are really hard on drive on places that arent smooth.

overrev, you hit it right on the mark. Good racer, yes. Good basher, no.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:30 PM
passinby

i know lots of people that still race them great buggies but i perfer the 4wd's more response in the air but the 2wd are still fun and still a huge class at lots of tracks