Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

LiPo Video

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 12:35 PM
Access

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LiPo Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRwyi...F08B49&index=4

Did anyone else see this one? It outdoes all those other exploding LiPo videos IMO.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:18 PM
cat samich

Default RE: LiPo Video

ORIGINAL: Access

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRwyi...F08B49&index=4

Did anyone else see this one? It outdoes all those other exploding LiPo videos IMO.

i have to be honest, when you ask for it that badly it should explode and take you out for being stupid enough to even try this.

why do people do such stupid things?
Old 04-06-2009, 02:27 PM
MTboy

I agree with you on that but it's nice to see that it really didnt do much but burn..
Old 04-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

Not intended to be microwaved so safety hazards as far as this goes are stll safe. Lithium technology is getting alot more "safe" then it use to be. Theirs suppose to be a cell coming "forgot the chemistry" that is as safe as a123 cells but delivers 2x as much punch as a quality lipo cell.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:03 PM
cat samich

ORIGINAL: MTboy

I agree with you on that but it's nice to see that it really didnt do much but burn..

didnt do much but burn this time, they got lucky. odds are it explodes and turns its microwave housing into shrapnel used to kill someone.

all the way around people like the ones in this video shouldn't be allowed to roam the earth without a handler or caretaker of some sort. they are just too stupid. and i dont say this because they might hurt themselves, i could care less but they could hurt or even kill someone else. imho youtube should pull there videos
Old 04-06-2009, 04:20 PM
MTboy

I dont know, some one stupid has to do some testing or others wouldn't know. Maybe I just havent seen them really go but I don't think they would blow the microwave apart like you say. But really dont care either way. If people are that dumb to do things like this or even not take note to others around you doing dumb things then, sorry but crap happens.. Like a gun.. Not the gun that shot some one just the person behind it.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Access

ORIGINAL: cat samich
all the way around people like the ones in this video shouldn't be allowed to roam the earth without a handler or caretaker of some sort. they are just too stupid. and i dont say this because they might hurt themselves, i could care less but they could hurt or even kill someone else. imho youtube should pull there videos
Not all science is razzle-dazzle or even straightforward, discoveries can come about by accident or even just by being 'stupid' enough to try something no one else dared to try.

http://members.tripod.com/sbecknell/id9.htm

"How are scientific discoveries made? They are sometimes made by accident. The discovery of safety glass happened by accident when a chemist forgot to rinse out a flask. This substance prevented the flask from shattering and because of this, safety glass was invented. Where do you think safety glass would be helpful in? The process is always the same:...We will observe, ask questions, explore all possibilities and seek answers."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serendipity#Chemistry
Old 04-06-2009, 09:07 PM
FairTax4me

I never would have thought to try that in the first place, but now I know not to try that at home.