Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Problems with Integy

Old 04-18-2009, 01:16 PM
samguan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with Integy

Just bought an Integy Wheelie bar for my Stampede Brushless.

First of all... the screws always come out..(have applied thread lock)...The aluminum is already bent!

I think the plastic one works better.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:17 PM
madmax22

Default RE: Integy sucks man!!

old news, the only thing integy makes thats good is hex wrenches.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:24 PM
Frankfka

INtegy goes for the bling .. I doubt if anything besides the wrenches are even DURABLE
Old 04-18-2009, 01:51 PM
usa98030

Integy is just for the bling! LIKE im dead serios! For the sckrews try putting thread lock the tape not liquid
Old 04-18-2009, 02:26 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: usa98030

Integy is just for the bling! LIKE im dead serios! For the sckrews try putting thread lock the tape not liquid
First of all, I like their products. Everyone buys their crappy RTR parts, without buying their race quality parts and thats why they hate Integy. I have their dischargers, equalizers, hex wrenches, matched cells, 8ight parts, modded motors, and bearings. I havent had one problem with them.

Put RED threadlock, that is permanent.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:55 PM
usa98030

They have "High quality race stuff"?!?!??!?!?
Old 04-18-2009, 03:09 PM
controlliner

I believe Integy uses the softest aluminum, 1100 ,(this costs them less). They seem to think this is adequate for these high performance models, WRONG. They should be using 2024 T4 or 7075 T6 aluminum for their parts.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:53 PM
electricrcdude

I have two Integy parts on my T4, a rear skid plate and front bulkhead. I have not had a problem with either of them, and I bash my T4 almost hard as my E-Storm. Plus they look good.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:15 PM
budha24

Integy makes good bulkheads but anything that can easily bend (arms,shocks,skids,etc.) I would not purchase because the aluminum does seem soft. As far as tools I love rdlogics have the hexes and the all-purpose tool highly recommended.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:30 AM
Sampson0420
My Feedback: (7)

integy aluminum parts are complete junk, I do love my hex set though as other users have stated.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:56 AM
deanR

I also had that wheelie bar for my VXL stampede.... it was a total POS.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:27 PM
samguan

ORIGINAL: deanR

I also had that wheelie bar for my VXL stampede.... it was a total POS.
I wonder if Integy tests the product before releasing it to public..

I mean... come on..if Integy did test the wheelie bar for the Stampede.. they would have noticed that aluminum bending in couple of wheelies!
Old 04-19-2009, 01:40 PM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

First of all, if you're buying high stress parts like a-arms and wheelie bars that are made of aluminium for your RC's and not expecting them to bend, that's your fault for being foolish. ALL of the aluminum parts made by EVERY manufacturer will bend if it's something like an a-arm and your out jumping and bashing. You should be buying RPM, or another brand, of plastic parts for stuff like that.

Secondly, Chris is right on about their parts being just fine if you buy the right ones. I have some Integy shocks that work great, they're probably actually the smoothest operating shocks I have!! Also, things like bulkheads, capture pin retainers, steering parts, etc... are just fine.

The lesson for you all here is not to buy a-arms, wheelie bars, and shock towers that are aluminium, because when you jump or crash you're ALWAYS going to be bending them. Aluminium has it's place in RC's, but a lot of people buy aluminium parts, 'cause they think they're cool, that should by NO means be made of aluminium.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:08 PM
FieroMan121
My Feedback: (2)

ive been using integy 17mm conversions for my pede since last spring, they have held up great but like what was said earlier, they are show parts, not "hey lets go jump the maxx off the roof" parts, if you want that go flm, they are way better for the said kind of abuse. but like was said befpre high stress parts should be left plastic so that first off, they fail before something worse does and secondly, they have give which is how to keep your car going
Old 04-19-2009, 07:44 PM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: Barber420

The lesson for you all here is not to buy a-arms, wheelie bars, and shock towers that are aluminium, because when you jump or crash you're ALWAYS going to be bending them. Aluminium has it's place in RC's, but a lot of people buy aluminium parts, 'cause they think they're cool, that should by NO means be made of aluminium.
No, the lesson is "Don't waste your hard hard earned cash on Integy". Plenty of companies make good aluminum parts that don't bend or break; Integy isn't one of them.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:44 PM
HeliStyle

I think it is funny how everyone bashes integy, but still buy there stuff lol

integy is still one of the biggest companies making aluminum parts no matter how many people say they suck
Old 04-19-2009, 09:24 PM
hands without shadows

Integy hex drivers and lathe motors are ok. I dont have experience with any of their other products so I wont judge.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:17 AM
DrDremel

It's amazing how I've never had a problem with Integy aluminum....

But then again, I don't buy aluminum arms, towers, bumpers, gearboxes, etc......
I also don't hit cement poles....
Old 04-20-2009, 08:16 AM
HeliStyle

^

I agree with that lol

or launch my rc over a house
Old 04-20-2009, 08:49 AM
KRO

First of all, if you're buying high stress parts like a-arms and wheelie bars that are made of aluminium for your RC's and not expecting them to bend, that's your fault for being foolish. ALL of the aluminum parts made by EVERY manufacturer will bend if it's something like an a-arm and your out jumping and bashing. You should be buying RPM, or another brand, of plastic parts for stuff like that.

Secondly, Chris is right on about their parts being just fine if you buy the right ones. I have some Integy shocks that work great, they're probably actually the smoothest operating shocks I have!! Also, things like bulkheads, capture pin retainers, steering parts, etc... are just fine.

I couldnt have said it better myself .
Old 05-02-2009, 02:05 AM
RickyIS300

I have no problem with any INTEGY items, I have a bunch of their 5B parts and hex tools. They really have some of the best parts available , top nothch stuff hands down. They are the biggest because of this very reason, high quality and low price. It's tough when you are dealing with the RTR crowd, most of them don't know what they are doing and just want to jump their trucks off the roof. They go out and get aluminum stuff and expecting indestructable parts.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:35 AM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: RickyIS300

I have no problem with any INTEGY items, I have a bunch of their 5B parts and hex tools. They really have some of the best parts available , top nothch stuff hands down. They are the biggest because of this very reason, high quality and low price. It's tough when you are dealing with the RTR crowd, most of them don't know what they are doing and just want to jump their trucks off the roof. They go out and get aluminum stuff and expecting indestructable parts.
EXACTLY!!!!! This is what I was saying a couple of posts before this! Aluminium is inherently soft and WILL BEND, in high stress applications like A-Arms, and no matter who makes it it's going to happen. It's a great hop up for bulkheads and such, but don't get shock towers, a-arms, etc... for bashing use and think they're not going to bend. Those parts are for shelf queens and "lightly used" RC's.

I'll go ahead and say it, Integy parts are pretty darn good!!! Just don't expect them to do things that Aluminium can't do!!!