Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

..::The Beater Builds Thread v2.0::..

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 02:09 PM
trx1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ..::The Beater Builds Thread v2.0::..

that pede conversion looks just crazy..
Old 04-02-2010, 09:45 PM
warheadforever

Yea, I think it is official, this thread is dead........ [&o]
Old 04-11-2010, 04:03 PM
We Are Ninja

I'll contribute an old project I recently finished... When I first started on this truck, many years ago, my goal was to make it lighter. Coming back to it, a few months ago, I came to the conclusion that I had probably done more harm than good. In an effort to make it track-worthy, I set out to make it as durable as possible.

Having cut holes into the chassis for the batteries (in an effort to reduce weight and allow the batteries to sit lower), I figured it'd be a good idea to reinforce the chassis, so I hacked up a Pro 2 chassis and bolted it in:

I bolted a graphite shock tower to the stocker to ensure that it would hold up under hard landings. I also took another piece of Pro 2 chassis and bolted it UNDER the rear of the chassis (though it's barely visible in the pics), because rear of the MT chassis is a known weak point.

I also installed an aluminum rear assembly to increase stiffness.

Up front, I added a HPI chassis brace to eliminate the RIDICULOUS amount of chassis flex in the stock chassis. I also added titanium turnbuckles all around:

Since I had cut away alot of the sidewall, I fashioned some battery cell "guards" just in case. I also scored a set of Pro 2 hook and loop straps to help keep them in place (and to replace the trucks original battery hold-down system that I had hacked up...)

Finally, I added some Firestorm shocks because the stockers were very, very flimsy...