Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

New, Old toy! Tamiya FOX

Old 06-05-2009, 07:14 PM
The_Stuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New, Old toy! Tamiya FOX

ya, but no stores have it here so i have to go to regina or order online, and soforth. and im at work lol.

ya, so that site dose not ship to canada. the source site dose and wants 5bucks + 10 shipping

Old 06-18-2009, 06:41 AM
teebz

hey i got my self a tamiya fox about 7 month ago and got to work on it takun me some time and work to get like this take a look at thesepics let me know wot you think do you no anything else i can do with it i think ive gotthe bestmotor and esc for 1/10 scale its a mamba max 5700kv setup and roll bars front and rear lipo batts and venom 5000 got any idea's???
Old 06-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Jeremy Z

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: teebz

got any idea's???
As always, those are nice-looking cars. Somehow, they look tougher and sleeker at the same time with the lay-down front shock.

My idea is that you had better not crash that, becuase with that motor and LiPo power, Tamiya's ABS chassis of the day would not put up with it.

I'd save it for light-duty running. Put the 540 motor back in it or if you want something better than silvercan power, maybe down to a 19 turn brushed motor.Anything faster than that, and you're asking for trouble. You'll break it, then spend lots of time to find replacement parts, and probably money too, since Foxes are collectible now.

How about some bigger pix?
Old 06-19-2009, 02:23 AM
teebz

yea your right about to much power but thats wot i like i crashed it a few times but since i put the anti roll bar on the front it takes the inpact and hasnt damaged the arms even ifi did break it then i dont mind spendin a bit more time on it ........ if you want some bigger pics i have some on my profile page and i'll put some more in if you like cheers for the comments 

copy them and preview them on your comp and then you can see them a lot clearer
Old 06-19-2009, 09:18 AM
Jeremy Z

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looked at your pix. The one overall view that is not off by 90° is good. The rest of them, while they show good stuff are a pain to look at.

If you rotate them in your photo software (you can even do it with standard Windows software) they'll be much better.

Next step: videos!  There aren't many good Fox videos on youtube...
Old 07-22-2009, 05:05 PM
The_Stuff

I got the battery pack, I got it working, and it is a blast to drive! still manages to rip up the gravel lol!

I am still wanting to sell it. but so far no serious people have come forward. just idiots that want to buy it for 50 bucks...
Old 03-04-2010, 12:39 PM
The_Stuff

old thread but anyone know what kinda AA's i should be running in the radio? the guage never goes past the yellow. still works just kinda iffy?

btw was at my "LHS" (2 hours away) and got the AA holder etc. Also last time there i was going though the wall of old parts and found a BRAND NEW parts tree for the front suspension of the fox! $5 lol
Old 06-06-2010, 04:58 PM
jazzbandit1313

OH MY GOSH OK...I inherited my dad's old fox car in fully working condition! but one of the parts cracked after its second run.  the car runs fine besides this one part.  The part itself is a little plastic ring (mine is black) with four holes in it on the back axles.  the left one cracked and now the left back wheel wont turn because of this part missing.  Please, if you have one of these on that car, or with the spair parts, please tell me so maybe you can send it to me because i cant find one anywhere else! thanx for your time.
 this is where the part is missingthis is the part i need on the other axle
OTHER IMAGES
hehe mine came with parts and wheels (but not the part i need)
Old 06-06-2010, 04:59 PM
jazzbandit1313

OH MY GOSH OK...I inherited my dad's old fox car in fully working condition! but one of the parts cracked after its second run.  the car runs fine besides this one part.  The part itself is a little plastic ring/gasket (mine is black) with four holes in it on the back axles.  the left one cracked and now the left back wheel wont turn because of this part missing.  Please, if you have one of these on that car, or with the spair parts, please tell me so maybe you can send it to me because i cant find one anywhere else! thanx for your time.
 this is where the part is missingthis is the part i need on the other axle
OTHER IMAGES
hehe mine came with parts and wheels (but not the part i need)
Old 06-07-2010, 09:51 AM
The_Stuff

EDIT: okay i got the pictures to load up, ya that black disc has the pin marks in them like the one in this picture, the pin going through the drive shaft is what it holds onto and makes it go. unfortunately i dont have any spares. the ones on the parts car were not lined up when someone put it together and the discs were all cracked and they broke apart.

not sure what the parts is called but there is an online manual @ http://www.tamiyabase.com/manuals/manual_58051.htm

Old 06-07-2010, 10:44 AM
mechanizeddeath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to see you got the battery compartment thing sorted. I was about to say those carriers are more or less a "standard" part, possibly to allow for quick battery changes and/or easy charging for NiCDs, but I don't know. I do have a few year old Kyosho Perfex radio (Mini-Z) that uses the same battery holder.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65208.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	1449506  
Old 06-07-2010, 03:34 PM
The_Stuff

ya same thing. and you can only get x # of batteries in there but still it only goes to the yellow mark for me.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:48 PM
jazzbandit1313

thanx for the link m8t!
Old 06-07-2010, 04:59 PM
mechanizeddeath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know that some of the radios have their meters or warning lights calibrated for alkaline batteries. Some of the more expensive ones I think can tell the difference. If you've got NiMH batteries in there right now try running alkalines and see if the meter reads higher.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:03 PM
jazzbandit1313

Hey dude who i forgot your name but needs a battery, i have like 3 or 4 old batteries that were meant for the fox. and have the right voltage sitting around. do ya need one that's official? or did u already find a solution?
Old 06-07-2010, 10:10 PM
The_Stuff

ORIGINAL: jazzbandit1313

Hey dude who i forgot your name but needs a battery, i have like 3 or 4 old batteries that were meant for the fox. and have the right voltage sitting around. do ya need one that's official? or did u already find a solution?
you talking radio packs? im sure you have the same radio as me actually.