Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

Which cars/trucks would you NOT recommend, based on your experience?

Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Which cars/trucks would you NOT recommend, based on your experience?

Old 06-18-2009, 02:20 PM
nitrocomplex1776

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which cars/trucks would you NOT recommend, based on your experience?

ORIGINAL: Jeremy Z

FairTax, Fieroman: Who said I'm trying to prove anything?

Nothing ever gets proved here, it is just opinions.

I find it useful, and I think maybe some others do. Well, others who don't know everything yet.

For example, I see that Duratrax is making the "Wouldn't Buy Again" list pretty consistently. Are there happy Duratrax owners? Certainly, but it doesn't seem to be the norm.

More useful yet are the reasons, which a lot of folks didn't bother to type in...

I am a happy duratrax evader ext owner i got one brand new and mixed it with parts from my st-pro and i am very happy with it. I have gotten it stuck in a fence, slappe the front end into the curb a dozen times nothing broken or bent, hit the front end on telephone poels a few times, clipped eaach front tire a few times, slide it side ways into car tires nothing broke. It is very fast because it is so light weight really i am using a 17 turn motor with 2000 mah packs soon to be 2500 all ball bearings and adjustable shocks like i said most of the "up-grades" are taken from my st-pro which i traded for. But i am very happy with my evader it's fast and handles very nice and slides in turns great almost drift style really because of the tires i am using. So far it has held up to my style of running and bashing IE: hitting curbs, poles, the wall. It has survived a few jumps down a flight stairs a few times the parts hold up so far.

OK it wouldn't be my next choice of what to buy but if the price was right i would get another just for parts because of what i stated in my other post. but i am happy with this one for what it is a nice entry level stadium truck. I woudn't really put high hopes on it being a high end racer or basher.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:31 PM
larryf333
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Which cars/trucks would you NOT recommend, based on your experience?

Yo Nitrocomplex, I gotta ask, who's the girl in your Avatar?
Old 06-18-2009, 03:45 PM
nitrocomplex1776

Ashley tisdale
Old 06-18-2009, 06:54 PM
monsterbombs

alot of duratrax owners know to keep there mouth shut
in threads like this, (myself included) because of the way
things go. personally the evader st is a good handling beginner
truck, the ext and exb are poor. i wouldnt buy another one because
of the bushings/plastic shocks and spider diff. my opinion.
traxxas gear takes a fair smashing but some of it handles like
a boat, and unless vxl, has steel bushings. stay away from
bushings.my 2c.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:57 PM
Jeremy Z

ORIGINAL: monsterbombs

bushings.my 2c.
Well, I don't think anyone would knock Duratrax for handling poorly due to wear caused by bushings. Anything with bushings is going to handle poorly eventually.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Raguvian

I wouldn't get another Team Losi Micro-T again... doesn't seem that much fun to me, battery doesn't last that long, and the motor died the day after I got it and I had to wait a while to get another motor. I still run it once in a while but it's really too small and too slow to do anything.

I really love my TT-01 because it has been so reliable even though it's been through so much abuse but sometimes I wish I got that TA-04S Tamiya was clearing out when I was buying the TT-01 a few years ago. Even though the TT-01 is a great car, the TA-04S would've been even better and it was the same price and came with ball bearings. I don't know if it would've taken the same amount of abuse though.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:09 PM
disjaukifa
My Feedback: (14)

ORIGINAL: Raguvian

I wouldn't get another Team Losi Micro-T again... doesn't seem that much fun to me, battery doesn't last that long, and the motor died the day after I got it and I had to wait a while to get another motor. I still run it once in a while but it's really too small and too slow to do anything.

I really love my TT-01 because it has been so reliable even though it's been through so much abuse but sometimes I wish I got that TA-04S Tamiya was clearing out when I was buying the TT-01 a few years ago. Even though the TT-01 is a great car, the TA-04S would've been even better and it was the same price and came with ball bearings. I don't know if it would've taken the same amount of abuse though.
Yeah I loved my TT-01, great car, just didn't have a place to run on-roads cars . . .

-Disjaukifa
Old 06-18-2009, 11:06 PM
Raguvian

ORIGINAL: disjaukifa

ORIGINAL: Raguvian

Yeah I loved my TT-01, great car, just didn't have a place to run on-roads cars . . .

-Disjaukifa
I have lots of room to run it but it handles pretty badly and it really needs new wheels and tires but I don't want to spend the extra money on the car at this point.

Old 06-19-2009, 02:29 AM
amen

How about we change the topic just a bit, and ask which of all your rc's is your favorite (only one) and why.
I'll go first! My maverick strada xb buggy. Why? Cause if hit practically everything, mostly curbs, and tel poles and havent changed a single part. Sure stuff got bent ( fr and rear dogbones,shock towers) but nothing you cant straighten out with a hammer!! The plastic has gottren scuffed and scratched, but nothing has ever broke
Old 06-19-2009, 03:23 AM
monsterbombs

ORIGINAL: monsterbombs

bushings.my 2c.
Well, I don't think anyone would knock Duratrax for handling poorly due to wear caused by bushings. Anything with bushings is going to handle poorly eventually.
i was saying thatsometraxxas products are strong but handle badly,
regardless of bushings or bearings. sorry for the misunderstanding.
oh and that bushings are bad.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:12 AM
larryf333

Sorry, amen, I can't think of just one that is my favorite.  I love them all!  I will say that my 7 year-old son's favorite is the Traxxas Bandit, though.  He can plow that thing into just about anything and it'll keep on going.  His fav might've been the Duratrax Evader, but it just doesn't have the durability that the Bandit does.  Gears/Tranny slipping and stripping, parts breaking, he doesn't even want to drive it anymore.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Jeremy Z

My favorite is the Stampede. However, I bet as with many of us, there are a ton of cars I haven't experienced yet.

The stock XL-5 (to me) is fast enough for any off road running on a simple & economical 6 cell NiMH or NiCd battery pack. It doesn't break easily; I managed to bend a rear shock, but bent it back straight mostly and it still drives fine. I've plowed it into posts full speed by accident; no problem. Even the Titan 550 12T motor, with its poor reputation, is holding up well with only minimal maintenance and a deep into an algae-infested lake.

I drove an E-Revo which I really liked, but it is not mine, and I didn't drive it enough to consider it a favorite.

I suspect I will like the Dark Impact, when I finally do get it. I don't know if it can de-throne the rugged and humble Stampede though.

amen, how about adding some info to your My Garage section of your profile? I looked there for your favorite car, but didn't see it. (never heard of it before)

Old 06-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Raguvian

My favorite is also the TT-01, mainly because it's held up so well, and I don't have much to compare it to.. If I were to do it again though, I'd get something else with higher capabilities but as a first car it's been awesome.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:26 AM
amen

My favorite is the Stampede. However, I bet as with many of us, there are a ton of cars I haven't experienced yet.

The stock XL-5 (to me) is fast enough for any off road running on a simple & economical 6 cell NiMH or NiCd battery pack. It doesn't break easily; I managed to bend a rear shock, but bent it back straight mostly and it still drives fine. I've plowed it into posts full speed by accident; no problem. Even the Titan 550 12T motor, with its poor reputation,is holding up well with only minimal maintenance and a deep into an algae-infested lake.

I drove an E-Revo which I really liked, but it is not mine, and I didn't drive it enough to consider it a favorite.

I suspect I will like the Dark Impact, when I finally do get it. I don't know if it can de-throne the rugged and humble Stampede though.

amen, how about adding some info to your My Garage section of your profile? I looked there for your favorite car, but didn't see it. (never heard of it before)

been wanting to add stuff to my garage just never got a chance, i guess ill do it now!
Old 06-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Fade2Black1
My Feedback: (5)

I loved my Super Blackfoot. Maybe because it was a step up from my "Tyco Aero Turbo Hopper" LOL. Nostalgic yes, Fun yes on both counts!

Not mine, but here is a vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMbXIPDjz10

Anyone remember the line of RC cars that Radio Shack put out. I cant remember the name, but it looked like the HPI buggy of today. At the time, That thing was quick.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:11 PM
FieroMan121

my xl1 stampede!, it was my seconed car after my rusty, got it 10 years ago and havent been able to find a car that is as fun! and since i upgraded it to vxl spec last summer the fun just keeps coming. it can race on saturday and bash on sunday!
Old 06-19-2009, 07:12 PM
pritch

Even the Titan 550 12T motor, with its poor reputation,is holding up well with only minimal maintenance and a deep into an algae-infested lake.
Yes, wehave seen the video!!!!

Old 06-19-2009, 08:05 PM
powerslider

Tough call, I currently have 27 rc vehicles and honestly thinking about all of them and the experiences I've had there's not one I wouldn't buy again. Even the first one a Nikko Rhino (laugher) was a blast. I modified the crap out of it and actually raced it in a sportman's class for a couple years, it was king on the ovals. I won a lot of races with that thing believe it or not.  They all have stories and good memories that's why I keep them...
Old 06-19-2009, 10:57 PM
FieroMan121

ORIGINAL: powerslider

Tough call, I currently have 27 rc vehicles and honestly thinking about all of them and the experiences I've had there's not one I wouldn't buy again. Even the first one a Nikko Rhino (laugher) was a blast.I modified the crap out of it and actually raced it in a sportman's class for a couple years, it was king on the ovals.I won a lot of races with that thing believe it or not.They all have stories and good memories that's why I keep them...

same here, im too sentimental to get rid of my rc's once ive had them for a while
Old 06-20-2009, 05:20 AM
amen

My first rc were 2 Nikko buggy's typhoon, ans something i cant remeber! I had them in the box for years,until recently. Thats when the rc bug bit me! I updated my garage if anyone wants to see the maverick buggy. Im almost certain everybody seen a vxl rusty, so no need to put up. My latest mod to it was a pair of Kyosho stubby tires from a dbx, which i put in the rear. Gotta bash now! Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 06-20-2009, 10:14 AM
boats4life

Say what you want about the Rustler It's my favorite. I run the hell out of it with only upgraded shocks(integy) and VXL. I've run alot of 2WD buggies and I love it.
Favorite On road for speed is Nitro 4Tech for handling HPI RS4.

I'm not going to bash any product, but you're right evryone has an opinion.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:13 AM
The Collector1

For example, I see that Duratrax is making the "Wouldn't Buy Again" list pretty consistently. Are there happy Duratrax owners? Certainly, but it doesn't seem to be the norm

Well Im a satisfied Duratrax owner I have a Vendetta ST, Cliff Climber, and Evader EXT and I would buy it all again the Vendetta ST is built like a tank and with the brushless I put in, its just awesome, I would say the EXT is the weaker or the more flexible out of the 3 but DTX will replace the parts for free if you break them

Old 06-20-2009, 05:33 PM
reedy1
Banned

well the durecrapp evader all models utter junk , best of going to wall mart there stronger than evaders . fact ..
Old 06-21-2009, 10:15 PM
flimwad

i have a raze st and rc10gt and both are indestuctable never broke a part on either.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:01 PM
disjaukifa
My Feedback: (14)

My Favorite would have to be my Clod Buster, I have never enjoyed driving a truck as much as I have the Clod Buster. Its slow, the handles is kind of little, hey wheres the steering wheel at, but it will run, it will go over just about anything and its my favorite truck period.

-Disjaukifa

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.