Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

E-Revo Brushless Gearing

Old 09-04-2009, 09:16 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Revo Brushless Gearing

Yo fellas, it's been a while... But i'm getting back in the game! I'm going to be purchasing a E-Revo Brushless from my LHS and I have a question about gearing. I would ask them, but for the most part they deal in nitro.

Anyway, I wanna run 2s and 3s without having to change gears out just to change batteries. I see on the website it looks like it comes stock geared with a 18T pinion and a 54T pinion and comes with a 54T Pinion too thats for 14-16 nimh and 4s lipo

Optional gearing states a 24/54 with 6s lipo. That sounds fine and dandy, but I was hoping to run something like that for 4s and 6s. Or run stock gearing with 6s.

The only thing I worry about is the amount of tourqe that I would get with the lower gearing and the 6s setup. I'm not wanting to rip out drive shafts and tranny parts, etc....

Just looking for some advice. Thanks.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:04 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: E-Revo Brushless Gearing

http://www.scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/_top_speed.html

You can gear all over the map. It all depends how fast you want to go. You can run that gear on 4s,5s,6s. It simply increases top speed. My approach is a bit different. I gear lower when volting up to keep similar speeds.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Racing T

I have a question about gearing the E-Revo too, but I don't think its necesarry to open a new thread so:

What is the stock gearing on the revo brushless?

What gearing do I need if I were running on 6s?

Thanks!
Old 09-10-2009, 02:28 PM
traxxas4ever

i went to the link filled in all the info and it said i was going 10mph.lol. that truck is deffinitly not going 10 mph. i would like to know how to gear it also. i only run 3 cells however. i have a 68t metal spur already and am wondering if it will be ok running it with the stock pinion. i can check temps however i havent gotten past a half of a battery at a time. however when i race i will kill the whole batt. i dont want the motor and esc to biacciadently fry on my because i wasn't watchfull enough. i know that everybody gears differently but i am really just wondering what other people are gearing their e-revo on 6 cell lipo.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:22 PM
V0RT3X

I got 35mph with 18/65 on 6s and talons. Don't want to gear higher since I don't have high amp batteries yet.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:29 PM
traxxas4ever

I am running 2 3 cell lipo bateries each with a 200 amp drain. i gave the stock pinion and a 68t spur gear. i have hpi phaltline tires on it. i hit 52 mph with it. according to the test thingy i can go about 15mph. makes no sence.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:06 PM
BigTb17

ORIGINAL: traxxas4ever

I am running 2 3 cell lipo bateries each with a 200 amp drain. i gave the stock pinion and a 68t spur gear. i have hpi phaltline tires on it. i hit 52 mph with it. according to the test thingy i can go about 15mph. makes no sence.
You must be missing something in that calculator. It's not exact, but it's a lot closer than that.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:42 PM
Racing T

stock e revo brushless gearing someone? lol