Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

tamiya confusion

Old 11-02-2009, 04:27 AM
cdo1uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tamiya confusion

hi, i am looking into getting a scale 4x4 like the tamiya jeep/pajero. can someome tell me what the difference is with the chassis. one is called CC01 and one is called XC.... are they the same? and also while im here, why is the Jeep wrangler so much more money than the pajero?

thanks
Old 11-02-2009, 11:34 AM
J.D.T

Default RE: tamiya confusion

the xc is a shorter version of the same chassis if I remember right

cost should only be about $20 differnce, I suspect Jeep has a tighter hold on there brand than mitsubishi does, thus more royalties are required to make a jeep body than a pajero.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:41 AM
BigTb17

I believe the Jeep comes with a light kit (and possibly something else) which adds to the cost.

I believe J.D.T. is correct, the XC is a slightly shorter wheelbase version of the CC01. I think the chassis itself may actually be the same, but the rear suspension uses a further back mounting point on the CC01. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's the case.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:43 PM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

Are you sure that you are looking at the correct chassis when pricing them?  There is a CR-01 Jeep Wrangerl that is totally different (more dedicted crawler) that is much more than the CR01.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:01 PM
48chebbie
My Feedback: (58)

the other fellas are correct. when tamiya first started offering that chassis,it had 2 rear suspension mounting positions. the pajero metal wide top,the isuzu MU,the jeep wrangler were all XC chassis designation. they also put out a honda cr-v,which used the rear mounted suspension holes on the chassis,and a longer driveshaft. the cr-v was called CC-01. then the XC chassis didn't change it's designation,until the volkswagen touareg came out,hence with the longer wheelbase,and again was called the CC-01.
now for some stupid reason,tamiya has re-released the wrangler,and now an FJ40 bodied truck,and are calling them CC-01's. even though they are the shorter wheelbase. go figure.......
anywho,same truck,same chassis. only differences are the way the body mounts and a longer driveshaft in the actual CC-01.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:35 PM
cdo1uk

thanks for all the comment guys..... I have bought a jeep wrangler CC01..... or is it XC, oh i dont know. :-)
Old 11-04-2009, 04:50 AM
trf

Interesting[8D]...the pics that LB makes on my request shows a good wheels - arches relation bethween FJ 40 body and the long chassis, used by LB for his T-egg. Do you think the new (and second of the line made by tamiya) lexan body combination with this cc/xc chassis are using the shorter base of the chassis?[:-]

I think the Jeep are expensive because of the short time that was produced. Like Pajero Sport version only released in RTR version.