Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

@THE OFFICIAL LOSI STRIKE THREAD @

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 08:39 PM
hdspringer99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: @THE OFFICIAL LOSI STRIKE THREAD @

Ibought my son a Losi BND Striek for Christmas 2009. Shortly after he got it the dogbones twisted. I got a new set from our hobby store.

Then a turnbuckle snapped and another bent. Ireplaced it with a Traxxesturnbuckle that seemed better than the original Losi. He took it out and before one battery was used, a shock rod end broke. Now what?

Periodically the steering servo would not work . I had to unplug and plug back in to get it work. This happened very often.

Icalled my hobby store and they were no help, so I called Horizon. They were going to send me new parts until they realized I had many issues. I sent it in and one week later....I got a brand new Strike in the mail. They were very nice to deal with and very helpful.

I just hope the ne Strike has the known issues fixed. If not, I will be back on the phone with them. By the way they handled this issue, I expect they will do whatever it takes to get it right.

Snow on the ground and my son is eager to takeit out. Waiting for sunlight!

Old 02-11-2010, 02:57 AM
rcracer37strike

i have had the same problem. I just got the car and run one battery and its already broke its bull
Old 02-11-2010, 08:09 AM
hdspringer99

Isuggest called Losi/Horizon and explaining what troubles you have had. I'm sure they will send replacement parts or offer to repair your SCT. Good luck.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:03 AM
Speed Assault

how do you decide waht size lipo to buy ? a 2s what? 20/40 , 25/40, 30/50 4200, 5000
Old 03-03-2010, 11:12 AM
zumzum5150
My Feedback: (2)

Hi

Any one replaced their gears with these? What are your opinions on it? thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOSI-STRIKE-HARD...item2eab345a0b
Old 03-03-2010, 11:18 AM
rcracer37strike

well i called them got the new part same problem
ORIGINAL: hdspringer99

Isuggest called Losi/Horizon and explaining what troubles you have had. I'm sure they will send replacement parts or offer to repair your SCT. Good luck.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:33 AM
Doppelgamer

Igave in to peer pressure and bought a Strike at a friend's insistance. The price was right, $50 under anything else. (I know, cheap does not = good in R/C, but Ifigured Ihad to start somewhere) Ialso had a chance to try out a friend's Blitz and Slash to compare it against the Strike and liked it over the other two. Yes, that's right, Iliked it better than the Slash. No, please stop sharpening the axes and let me explain! The Slash has awesome power, but that motor hanging behind the rear wheels makes it difficult to control in a corner. I want to get my hands on an XL5 ESCand motor to swap into the Strike. With it's mid-mount, it is more balanced and easier to control and with the low-end grunt of the Slash, it will fly! Ihaven't had any parts break on it yet and Ihonestly have not been kind to it either! I've repeatedly run it off some large jumps both dirt and tarmac, its gone tumbling and so far the only issue I've noticed is a slight wobble in one of the dog bones.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:44 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The motor in the strike is the same as the titan. It's the exact same motor with a LOSI decal on it. The XL5 ESC and the 2075 Servo are both worth while upgrades.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Doppelgamer

Good to know John, thanks! Ihope they will allow me to compete with it at the local track, I'll have to talk to the officials.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:24 PM
rcblaze

It's a fun truck to drive. And Horizon will take care of any problems you have with the truck.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:12 AM
lomdel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does Horizon/Losi have any plans to release an upgraded Strike 2.0 or other variant?
Old 04-25-2010, 08:25 AM
cika
My Feedback: (35)

I just got my Strike the other day and Im scared about ts quality. I own a speed T and love it. Its fast,tuff and an all around great truck with an optional Ball diff and off road tires. Now as for the Strike, it had a messed up ESC right outta the box which horizan was helpful with and replaced. I dropped my EzRun 60A, 5.5t  in it and hope to see improved speed,lol...Im shure I will. But it does have some aspects that seem a little "cheap" looking but I'll give it a chance. Ive owned a few rc's that Ive read bad things about and never saw the mentioned problems. I had a Dtx Evader and it was great! I got the Mini Revo vxl and have had NO issued with the servo,driveshafts or anything else that I've read about. I think with a mass produced RTR rc you will get a few bad apples in the bunch. But as of now Im not too disapointed with my Strike and will soon upgrade the servo as well. We will see what happins! I mean for $150 for a rtr sct w/ 2.4!!! You cant beat that! Even for some parts and electronics its worth the price. IMO.. 
Old 05-04-2010, 07:22 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

dang, i just bought one! wish i had read this thread 1st.
i plan to keep it stock and run a 2800mah 2s lipo. it was the built in lipo and mid mounted motor that made the strike look apealing.
i am a traxxas fan(rusty vxl) i love the stock strength, and put on some RPM parts and they become wicked tough!
are there any good upgrade parts for the strike? does RPM make anything?
Old 05-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Redvanmafia

my LHS is sellling these nib for 125cad, because the slash is number one at 240$, he dropped the price just to compete
Old 05-04-2010, 07:52 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

crap, i just paid $115 for a new one without Tx or Rx. oh well, thats what i get for not doing research before buying.
even if its not as tought as the slash, it should still be fun to drive!
Old 05-07-2010, 06:07 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

my strike should arrive tomorrow. i was thinking of putting it on ebay and trying to get my money back....but i might give it a chance.
the thing that bugs me the most is the lack of aftermarket support. if RPM would make parts, then the truck could be made alot stronger.
i liked that the ESC is lipo ready. thats a feature that the slash and blitz should have had! along with the motor being in front ot the tranny.
i think once it arrive i will see if any slash parts can be made to work, like a-arms and bearing carriers ect.
i am worried about the weak driveshafts. thats just lame. i wonder if they are the same lenght as ones used by some other truck.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Willystylz

From what I've seen of the Strike at the track and the LHS, it ain't all that bad, especially for the price.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:05 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: Willystylz

From what I've seen of the Strike at the track and the LHS, it ain't all that bad, especially for the price.
yeh, ive looked at several utube vids and it seems to drive nice. i just hope its not as weak as some in this thread think.
i see also that they are on ebay RTR for $150-$160. i should have just bought a new one.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:10 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

well i took the strike out for the 1st time today.
i used a 2s 2800mah lipo. at 1st, it didnt seem to have much power. but then i realized that the ESC was in practice mode.
once i corrected that it came alive. its about the speed i expected out of a brushed RTR. but the scale looking tires do add realizm by slipping even on pavement.
the way it reasponds to steering imput was what really made it fun to drive! in comparison, my rusty steers like a school bus.
i was even able to use wieght shifting to get it to turn really sharp on the tar.
i did drive it on my lawn(which is very bumpy) and on dirt.
i wish there was a real dirt track around. i think that is where this truck would really shine.

overall the truck look ok. i would like to see the a-arms and shock towers to be alittle thicker. i didnt break any dogbones this time, but i already bought losi's CVDs off ebay for $22 shipped.
one small gripe i have, in normal driving mode, reverse power is 1/4! so it backs up really slowly. there is no point in that. there is already a reverse delay(you have to be stopped before you can engage reverse) so why did they make it go so slowly in reverse?
other than that issue, the ESC seems very nice for a RTR. after a full run, it was nice and cool. the motor didnt seem to hot either.
i have read that the slash will pull away on a long enough straight. but i also know that traxxas overgears their stuff. so im gonna leave it with stock gearing and see how long the motor will last(as we know, the 12 titan has a rep for not lasting long)

i dont know if this truck will hold up well, and there is little aftermarket support. however, it is fun to drive, looks pretty good and it was cheap. plus, if i keep it and maybe modify it alittle to make it stronger then i wont have the same SC truck everyone else does

oh yeh, i broke nothing.....this time anyway[8D]
Old 05-11-2010, 07:14 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ive now put 5 lipo pack through the strike now. im pleased to say that nothing has broken! i have a small dirt track i made in my yard, and man is it fun! the was this thing turns in and reasponds to steering imputs make it a joy to drive.
the shocks are SOO smooth. they make traxxas ultra shocks seem like leaf springs
there are some small issues that i have found. like the fact that the esc give so little power when you are trying to back up.
and also that the fact that the body is mounted alittle too low. one of the rear tires has rubbed some of the paint off. you would think that the designers would have noticed that in tested! if they had raisedthe body 1/4 of an inch it would be perfect.
for the money i paid for it, i am very happy with it!
Old 05-14-2010, 11:48 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

as mentioned before, one bad review speaks louder than 10 good reviews.
so i thought i would highlight a good one.
here is the youtube vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH2Z9...&feature=email
this is not my strike, but i emailed the owner and asked what mods he has done.
he put the new body, a VXL system and the losi CVD driveshafts. thats all!
he said the only issue the truck has with brushless system is traction, which is the case with any 2wd truck!
the earlier post that showed the bent slipper clutch rod is alarming! but im starting to think that the strike has no more weaknesses than any other SC truck.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:14 PM
Willystylz

a couple guys that work at the LHS bought a couple ramps from wal-mart and bashed the cr** outta the Strike and claimed to have broken nothin
Old 05-15-2010, 08:57 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

im working on cheap ways to strenghen the strike.
this mod cost me $2. i am going to re-do the rear plate, just cause it looks crappy.
the front ties some of the front parts, plus protects the plastic from getting scrapped up.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89797.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	279.6 KB
ID:	1436644  
Old 05-19-2010, 12:58 PM
craig mcpheeters72

I bought the strike just as an extra for friends and family to drive at the local track. So far after about five batteries we have broken nothing. I am running 8.4V batteries and JConcepts Goosebump tires in the rear, I also added weight to the rear to help with traction on a loose track. I must say I was worried about this thing at first but it is doing great.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:35 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

i took the strike out for its first serious bashing today.
i went to the local skate park. nothing like cement jumps to test the strenght of an RC
it was going well. nothing was breaking. then i hit a 4 foot jump, and landed with the throttle on. this stripped the spur gear.
i was glad to see that it was the spur gear, and not a gear in the tranny.
i have never checked the slipper clutch, so it may have been pretty tight.

BUT, i also had the rusty vxl out on the same jumps. granted, it was hitting them much faster, but it too stripped the spur gear and also bent a shock shaft.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.