Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

HPI Vorza vs. Traxxas E-Revo brushless vs. HPI Savage Flux?

Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
HPI Vorza
27.38%
Traxxas E-Revo brushless
38.10%
HPI Savage Flux
34.52%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

HPI Vorza vs. Traxxas E-Revo brushless vs. HPI Savage Flux?

Old 01-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Jeremy Z

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default HPI Vorza vs. Traxxas E-Revo brushless vs. HPI Savage Flux?

Just a poll for the fun of it.

Let's say you could only have one:

One is an 1/8 scale 4WD buggy; the other two are 1/8 scale monster trucks. Which one would you get?

I'd probably go with the E-Revo brushless. I like the lay-down shock design, battery bay design, great ground clearance, and overall toughness of it. Seems like a good do-it-all RC.

Vorza would be faster and tighter-handling, but could not go on all the same terrain.

Savage Flux is just not quite as elegantly designed, in my opinion.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:17 PM
plasmaedge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HPI Vorza vs. Traxxas E-Revo brushless vs. HPI Savage Flux?

i went with the e-revo bl
Old 01-07-2010, 04:49 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Flux all the way baby....................
Old 01-07-2010, 06:10 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Flux all the way baby....................
ditto
Old 01-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Yosh70

Uh, the Vorza is a Flux as well.

I originally thought about the Savage and bought that one for my boy but choosing now, I probably woulda went for the Vorza.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:34 PM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: Yosh70

I originally thought about the Savage and bought that one for my boy but choosing now, I probably woulda went for the Vorza.
Very true but the Vorza goes by Vorza and the Savage Flux usually is called a Flux so that you can tell it apart from the other Savage models.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:29 AM
Yosh70

ORIGINAL: Yosh70

Very true but the Vorza goes by Vorza and the Savage Flux usually is called a Flux so that you can tell it apart from the other Savage models.
Uhm yea, I know. Hence the smilie.

But if you want to get technical, HPI's site list the two RC's as Vorza Flux and Savage Flux. How the raging masses say it doesnt make it correct.
Something like (but not quite) young squids calling a GSXR a Gixxer.....gawd, I just hate that one.

If the OP included the E-Firestorm Flux, we might even be more confused.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:11 AM
fiatuno09

IMO the e-revo is just a cheap piece of mass produced injection moulded plastic. I would definitly go with either the Savage or the Vorza, probably the vorza cos im a speed freak
Old 01-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Jeremy Z

ORIGINAL: jjl5590

IMO the e-revo is just a cheap piece of mass produced injection moulded plastic. I would definitly go with either the Savage or the Vorza, probably the vorza cos im a speed freak
Engineering grade plastics and injection molding don't mean low quality or durability.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:40 PM
fiatuno09

i've got one, its cheap and shoddy. i wouldnt blow £550 big ones on it if i were you. go for the better-made savage, or the vorza if you feel daring (its new)
Old 01-08-2010, 05:04 PM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

if someone was just going to hand me a brand new one, I would take the ERBE, but if I were going to purchase one it would be the savvy flux, which will be my next vehicle when I get sort of financially stable, or if I find out I solid for an internship this summer.

(anyone in the civil engineering field need an intern who will be starting their senior year?)
Old 01-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Jeremy Z

jjl590 - How was the E-Revo cheap & shoddy? This is the first time I've heard this. Just curious. The Savage Flux is also made out of injection molded plastics. Ditto for the Vorza.

Brainanator - Ever heard that engineering joke that mechanical engineers build weapons and civil engineers build targets? I guess that means job security for civil engineeers, hehehe. Good luck on the job hunt in the next couple years.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:38 PM
t9dragon

The E-Revo is built to race and the Flux is built to bash...
Old 01-09-2010, 06:39 AM
fiatuno09

the e-revo just weighs a ton, all-plastic fragile parts, heavy gearbox and rubbish plastic shafts. its just not a good car, its not well-designed like the Revo 3.3, which is a fantastic car. It just looks nice and attracts the "noobs".

i've since bought a hyper 8 and stuck my MMM combo in it, it is SO much better than the e-revo in every respect except for ground clearance.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:28 AM
ElectricGuy007

The E-Revo is built to race and the Flux is built to bash...
I assume he wanted to bash, so I voted for the Flux.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:07 PM
monsterbrad

bash = FLUX
if you think you need to race then the Revo
if you want a racer then buy the 1/8 scale electric
Old 01-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Wild YFZ 450

ORIGINAL: Jeremy Z

jjl590 - How was the E-Revo cheap & shoddy? This is the first time I've heard this. Just curious. The Savage Flux is also made out of injection molded plastics. Ditto for the Vorza.

Brainanator - Ever heard that engineering joke that mechanical engineers build weapons and civil engineers build targets? I guess that means job security for civil engineeers, hehehe. Good luck on the job hunt in the next couple years.
The Revo is 100% plastic, No aluminum nothing. It doesn't even have CVD's just cheap plastic parts.
The Flux on the other hand has Aluminum TVP's, CVD's, Driveshafts Etc.

ORIGINAL: monsterbrad

bash = FLUX
if you think you need to race then the Revo
if you want a racer then buy the 1/8 scale electric
That Vorza is FAR from being race ready. It is a bashing buggy. It is not made for racing at all.
If you want to bash get the Savage Flux... Hands down thats my vote.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:13 PM
hoousi

At least with the ERBE or Vorza you will be able to hit a narrow jump at full throttle while the Savy will just not be precise enough to hit it, and afterwards both are as durable, in my own experience the ERBE is as durable, according to a few of my watching friends even more durable, than the Savy Flux, though thats probably because you are able to hit the jump properly....
Both are awesome, can't go wrong with either for bashing, but both need better a-arms.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:20 PM
john01374

I'll take the ERBE. I've owned a Brushless savage and have nothing but good things to say about it but I eventually sold it and bought a standard E-Revo. As much fun as the Savage was I am enjoying the Revo more. The Savage was a big tall tippy monster truck that did exactly what it was designed to do. The Revo is low, tight and handles reasonably well for a truck as big and heavy as it is. I also like the fact that it's different and I can appreciate the engineering that went into it. The suspension is really something to watch work. Another plus. If I ever wanted to turn it into a monster truck all that's needed a a few parts from the Summit and I'm ready to go. Sure it has a couple of down falls (I hate the freaking battery boxes)but when compared to that group I'll take the E-Revo.

As for the Vorza. it's a nice looking buggy but it's just not doing anything for me. Not sure why but 1/8 scale buggies just don't hold my interest.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:45 PM
mycarisaser

Haveing owned a savage(it was nitro) BL e-revo . I sold the savage b/c the tranny would hold up to brushless power(but the flux fixes that) and wasnt all that stable. I got rid of the e-revo b/c of design flaws in it. The rear of the truck is not sold at all(made a brace to fix that) The driveshafts are plastic(and I think they crappy) I have also bough many diffrent cvds for it and ALL of them broke and had issues. I couldnt get them to hold up for nothing. MIP and Vantage racing DID NOT STAND BY THERE WARRENTY AT ALL. I was told by MIP that my cvds didnt get hardened and they would replace them(b/c I sent him the wornout and broken ones) and after many email where ghe said he would replace then he didnt. They just told me to buy the new and improved set they released. What about the $130 I spent already that didnt last a month???? Sorry for the rant but it was upsetting. The traxxas cvds held up the best!! but still would pop out ever so often.

So I am also in the market for getting a new RC truck but dont know what to get. My lst2 was the toughest truck I had owned but the steering set up isnt the best and I had issues with that(thin peice of metal that wears fast and brakes if you hit hard) soo I am still in the air on getting something

But to answer the question, I would get a savage flux b/c it will take more punishment that a e-revo and has better diffs that are designed to handle more power
Old 01-11-2010, 06:57 PM
Jeremy Z

I've never heard of breaking shafts in the E-Revo. Sounds like maybe you had your clutch wrenched down tight.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:32 PM
mycarisaser

. My slipper was set on the loose side(I had it loose enough where I really had to try to wheely) There are a few around here haveing the same issues as me.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:01 AM
CR500rider

I used to be a die hard savage guy.....it was one tough truck! it handled like crap and it was a PITA to work on, but it almost never broke. then i was a LST fan, awsome trucks! big and fast and pretty tough! I HATED HATED HATED traxxas stuff after my 2 tmaxx ventures. Now i own a standard e revo and i am VERY pleased with it so far! It took me 5 yrs to buy another traxxas product, but i am really glad i bought it! It may not be made of metal but then again how many new 1:1 cars these days are made of metal? lol.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:15 PM
fiatuno09

the thing is, the e-revo is entirely plastic, yet weighs more than a truck built with metal. it is an expensive knock-off of the revo 3.3 (which is a great truck). The drivetrain does not turn smoothly, and when i got mine i thought it was faulty, but turns out everyone's do that! hows that for engineering and quality...
Old 01-12-2010, 12:35 PM
john01374

I'll admit I haven't had my E-revo for that long but I'm am running the 700HO conversion on it. When I got it the front diff was making noise. I tore the entire truck down and found that it was making noise due to a small rock getting stuck in the ring gear. Not sure how it got in but....... Everything else on the truck looks 100% new. I replaced the diff gears and i've been running it since. I'm pretty hard on my stuff and I've yet to have an issue with anything on the truck but I did notice one of the wheels is starting to strip the hex out but that's ok as the tries are pretty much gone at this point as well.

As for drive line smoothness. My is OK. It did take some tweaking to get the pinion /spur mesh just right but once done the truck is pretty quiet. There does seem to be a little clunking when it first starts to move but that's just the drive line taking up slack.

As for the entire truck being Plastic... I'll take it. I never cared for Metal RC cars. My distaste for them started way back with the old Gold Pan RC10. I bent more of those tubs that I care to talk about. Problem continued with a converted Jato. After the second chassis I gave up and sold it. The Savage was a Pain in the butt to work on as well. Thankfully nothing ever broke but normal maintenance was not the easiest thing to do.

I still cringe when I hear of someone throwing Alum at their cars. Plastic really is the way to go but I do sometimes wonder why the revo is as heavy as it is

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.