Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Servo

Old 01-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo

Well, I'm looking for stuff to buy to raise the money of my order so I can save money (curse you tower!) And I have decided to buy a new servo my slash, since the stock one has tons of unwanted play in it
I haven't read much about servos, but I believe there was a tower branded one that someone was recommending that they had good luck with. I'm looking to spend about $50 TOPS, but 30-40 would be more ideal.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Wild YFZ 450

Default RE: Servo

Get a Hitec 7955-TG and NEVER look back.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:51 PM
rclugnut10

play isn't from the servo, well hopefully not, but from the steerying system it's self ie the ball cups and linkages as well as a loose servo horn could cause some issues (is causing me issues now and i don't wanna rip apart my front end to get it[]) but i'm running a tower hobbies TS 140, if you don't want the tower brand name you can get the hobbico CS 140 with the same specs

the lug
Old 01-14-2010, 10:52 PM
Jeremy Z

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Skip the servo. If you have to spend $30-40 to get to the next $50 tier, you've only "saved" $5. Unless you have some special coupon that adds up to more than 10% off?
Old 01-15-2010, 12:13 AM
Brainanator

it wiggles really bad around where the servo horn connects to the servo, I've replaced the servo gears, and it didn't help, and I've replaced the servo saver, and it didn't help....
And I know that some of the slop is from the RPM front skid plate....for some reason it really slopped it up from stock, but I like the strength it offers, so I'll deal, but I want to eliminate the slop around the servo, any ideas?
I'll upload a vid tomorrow if I remember, if that'll help at all.

and:
ORIGINAL: Jeremy Z

Skip the servo. If you have to spend $30-40 to get to the next $50 tier, you've only ''saved'' $5. Unless you have some special coupon that adds up to more than 10% off?
well, I'm at about $110 right now, if I get to $150 I save $10 in shipping, plus an extra $5 possibly $10, and I have a $100 gift card anyway, so I'll keep trying to reach the $150 mark, if not, I'll postpone my order till I think or something, not in a huge hurry
Old 01-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Jeremy Z

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Watch out with the postponing. I tried that before, and what happens is that one of the other items you wanted goes out of stock. Very frustrating. I really like hobbycity's system where they show us how many are in stock.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Brainanator

most of the stuff is pretty common, if they ran out I would be surprised, and then I'd just have to wait longer, which I don't mind too much either.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Brainanator

here's the slop, it seems more than I thought is coming from the rpm skid plate....maybe I'll try taking it off and see if that helps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kafZ0K4vm1s