Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Which is better blitz / slash

Old 02-21-2010, 03:42 PM
billdozer1983
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which is better blitz / slash

I want to get one but not sure which is better i would perfer brushless it is just going to be a basher / trail truck.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:56 PM
The Mad Modder

Default RE: Which is better blitz / slash

They're both good trucks. They have durable chassis and metal geared transmissions. Stock, the blitz handles a bit better, though, proline makes an upgrade suspension kit for the slash that helps handling.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:50 PM
ScottStaypuff

The Blitz is great, I would take one over a 2wd Slash except as a basher the Slash would get over more obstacles as it has more ground clearance.

I think a Slash 4x4 might be what you really want. Its 2.4ghz, brushless and 4x4. I have one I converted to a monster truck and its fun. Wish the snow would go away already, not many rc's go in 12"+.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Budman68
My Feedback: (4)

Blitz to race or mild off-road.
Slash to bash. They sit high and parts are cheap.  Bash away.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:26 PM
MTboy

I've been looking at them both myself. Not sure what one I want to go for, as I have a Rustler + 2 spare rollers and have heard alot of parts work with both the Slash and Rustler. But really like the look and the company of the Blitz. The Blitz ESE will be out this spring, I hear $240 is the going price but you will need everything for it as it's a kit.
For me I mostly bash but not hard on my trucks either. I don't do these huge jumps that only a Savage should survive..lol
Also you have so many options with the slash.. Almost makes you think they couldn't get it right the first time..lol Either way I will be replacing the electronics but if I go with the slash I have more options. As of now I think I will look more into both and see but am leaning more to the blitz.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:43 PM
billdozer1983

Are all blitz 2 wheel drive ? Becuse i really like the blitz i like the way it looks better and i saw one onyoutube with the hpi flux that was sick .But for bashing it sounds like the slash is better or is all just preference.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

which is better, ford or chevy?
that's basically what you're asking.
it's up to you to decide which one you think is better
Old 02-21-2010, 07:57 PM
hasek1616

get the 4x4 if you have the money. ive got one and you wont be disapointed, there pretty well indestructable and there already brushless and lipo ready with 2.4ghz, if not get the slash 2wd for bashing its even more indestructable
Old 02-21-2010, 08:10 PM
MTboy

ORIGINAL: Brainanator

LOL...
A Butt boy... Man I grew up there and still have family there.
Ford= Traxxas, Chevy= Hpi...lol
Do something out side the box and get the HPI.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:18 PM
billdozer1983

I agree Chevy 100%
Old 02-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: MTboy

ORIGINAL: Brainanator

LOL...
A Butt boy... Man I grew up there and still have family there.
Ford= Traxxas, Chevy= Hpi...lol
Do something out side the box and get the HPI.
LOL
I'm actually from Great Falls, just going to MT Tech right now.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:48 PM
birdman1968

Blitz is a born racer . Slash is a born basher .

Slash 4WD is incredible .
Old 02-21-2010, 09:00 PM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

the blitz is as good a basher as the slash they will both do ya a good job .. the sc10 is a born racer, the rest are just a snack.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:41 PM
ScottStaypuff

ORIGINAL: MCSRacing

the blitz is as good a basher as the slash they will both do ya a good job .. the sc10 is a born racer, the rest are just a snack.

Not starting a flame war but the Blitz is a pretty good racer in the right guys hands. A buddy of mine does really well with his. The new Blitz race kit is going to be sweet. Its got a ball diff, I think they should have stuck with a gear diff however. Its set a bit to far toward "kill". I'd love these trucks to use the most durable parts so you spend more time racing and less time wrenching.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:54 PM
Budman68

My son and I have finally got the Blitz dialed in, we had to resort to weights in the front end.  The little sucker flies like an airplane with the Novak brushless system.  The Slash on the other hand is a tank.  It seems like it like to run over cars rather than jump over them.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:19 PM
MCSRacing

ORIGINAL: ScottStaypuff

Not starting a flame war but the Blitz is a pretty good racer in the right guys hands. A buddy of mine does really well with his. The new Blitz race kit is going to be sweet. Its got a ball diff, I think they should have stuck with a gear diff however. Its set a bit to far toward ''kill''. I'd love these trucks to use the most durable parts so you spend more time racing and less time wrenching.
every weekend i run open sc class .. 2wd and 4wd all together .. i always place in the top 3, and there is never anything close to my sc10 other than slash 4x4's runnin high end tekin esc combos and TP lipo's ... i'm not taking anything away from the blitz, its a great truck, extremely durable .. and its the only other truck besides the sc10 that really has a decent design .. the rest carry their cg to high, if your blitz is pushing, dont add weight, change the springs and tires ... the extra weight will hurt short burst acceleration, like the punch needed for clearing triples and big doubles
Old 02-21-2010, 10:54 PM
Budman68

Not starting a flame war but the Blitz is a pretty good racer in the right guys hands. A buddy of mine does really well with his. The new Blitz race kit is going to be sweet. Its got a ball diff, I think they should have stuck with a gear diff however. Its set a bit to far toward ''kill''. I'd love these trucks to use the most durable parts so you spend more time racing and less time wrenching.
every weekend i run open sc class .. 2wd and 4wd all together .. i always place in the top 3, and there is never anything close to my sc10 other than slash 4x4's runnin high end tekin esc combos and TP lipo's ... i'm not taking anything away from the blitz, its a great truck, extremely durable .. and its the only other truck besides the sc10 that really has a decent design .. the rest carry their cg to high, if your blitz is pushing, dont add weight, change the springs and tires ... the extra weight will hurt short burst acceleration, like the punch needed for clearing triples and big doubles
Thanks, great advise. The weight was a fast pit solution. The biggest problem is my son mashing the trigger when all he needs to do is coast the doubles. The truck wants to nose up and fly.I guess I should have just grabbed the transmitter and pulled some throttle out.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:29 PM
ScottStaypuff

Again, not taking anything away from the SC10, it probably is the best thing out there right now for pure racing. But it seems like if one guy does really good with something people fly out and buy it, you see three more the next week. Whether it was the truck or the driver. lol
Old 02-22-2010, 11:31 AM
birdman1968

Have not seen any SC10's in my hood or at my local bash track . They must be amazing to keep up with the tricked out Slash 4x4 on the track . Or the Slash 4x4 drivers must really suck . It does seem to be mostly about the driver at the track near my house . Somebody with a Radio Shack Special could probably beat me and my Slash 4x4 PE . LOL
Old 02-22-2010, 12:35 PM
FASTLOUD

I've got an SC10 and its the cats meow! By far the best out of the group. The Blitz is good too though. As others have said, Make a choice and just buy it. Get whatever oneYOU like the best. Do you really have to ask someone else what YOU will like? All three (SC10/Blitz/Slash) do what they are supposed to do, and all three are durable.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:35 PM
subyman

Just get which ever your LHS supports the most, or which ever you think looks the best. They are all so close to each other that it doesn't really matter, they will all serve the purpose of SC fine. I'm sure the Slash 4x4 is the best for bashing as it can get around to more places with the 4wd, but then again it is 2x more expensive than the Blitz, Slash 2wd, etc. The best would be a Slash 4x4 without brushless for bashing priced at 250, but they don't make that.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:52 PM
Lilredmachine

A well setup SC10 in the right hands should be faster than a well setup Slash 4x4 in the right hands, especially in an open class situation. Put Schumacher in a Renault Clio Trophy racer and an average race driver into an f3000 and the f3000 is still going to win. The SC10 is just faster, lighter, more race biased.

Anyway, either Slash or Blitz will do you perfectly well, comes down to which you like the look of better.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:23 PM
:-)

ORIGINAL: Lilredmachine

A well setup SC10 in the right hands should be faster than a well setup Slash 4x4 in the right hands, especially in an open class situation. Put Schumacher in a Renault Clio Trophy racer and an average race driver into an f3000 and the f3000 is still going to win. The SC10 is just faster, lighter, more race biased.

Anyway, either Slash or Blitz will do you perfectly well, comes down to which you like the look of better.
Got to disagree with that... with the correct tires and suspension set up the slash 4x4 is surely going to have more traction: harder under breaking and quicker off the line. Offroad, 2x4 beats 4x4 all day long, it is simply the most significant difference between the two. I've never seen the two race, as others on here will have, but that is my rationale. There is no definitive answer, there are just too many variables (such as track type and driver style).
As to which is better, well that's an even more unanswerable question, personally, I like the look of the Blitz ese[8D].
Old 02-22-2010, 02:49 PM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I own both the Blitz and a couple of Slash's. The only place where one does better than the other is in bashing. The Slash is clearly a better basher. When it comes to racing the Blitz has proven to be harder to setup and it took a lot of work to get it to run the same lap times as my Slash. After a lot of running I figured out it was the poor stock electronics and tires that where really holding it back. Something to think about if your local track mandates an all stock truck

The choice is really which every you prefer but if you're bashing more than racing i'd lean more toward the Slash. If you're concerned about racing then visit the local tracks. You'll see that all of the trucks (Slash, Blitz and SC10) are pretty even in the Spec and Stock classes. There's no dominate truck.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:18 PM
sellers11535

at our local track the traxxas and tc10 are what everyone has

im waitn on the venom scx it has more tune ablity and for 199.99 and 2.4ghs 3ch

thats what im gettin!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.