Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

New track

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 06:55 PM
MTboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New track

Yesterday I found a track 2hours away that run fun races on the weekends for club members. They mostly run nitro but have no problem with others running electric. I was already planning on getting a blitz to race with friends but now am thinking I would like to get a 1/8 BL bad *** racing machine (once I sweet talk the wife)..lol I've never raced but want to do it right from the start so I don't end up spending more in the long run..
So I am looking at 1/8th BL.. or a 1/10th that would keep up with the nitro's..

What are some good options in the price range of the Vorza flux $$560+ lipo's..

After looking more I may need to stay with 1/10th. 1/8th seems to be pretty pricey..
Hows the Cyber10b??
Brama 10B??
Any good race truggies?
Old 02-25-2010, 08:39 PM
Jgaff2

Default RE: New track

put a mamba monster in an emaxx or erevo!!!!!! then put two 2s lipos with 40c discharge!!!!!

Old 02-25-2010, 08:44 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: Jgaff2

put a mamba monster in an emaxx or erevo!!!!!! then put two 2s lipos with 40c discharge!!!!!

Better off with a Losi, Associated, Mugen, Xray, or Kyosho to keep up with the nitros. A Traxxas truck simply won't handle as well.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:10 PM
MTboy

The B44 with the mamba sound good????
Old 02-25-2010, 09:54 PM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

don't worry guys! the drivers out here aren't that great! LOL (Don't like Mike know I said that)

I'm just jokin, it's just fun to get out on the track with other rigs, even if they are just running over my slash....

For some info, he'll be up against a brand new Losi 8EIGHT T, a brand new Team Associated RC8, and a couple year old hot bodies truggy.

Just get a short course and run in the little SC track with me, it's a blast! and running the 1/8 track is fun with them too!!
Old 02-25-2010, 11:08 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: Brainanator

don't worry guys! the drivers out here aren't that great! LOL (Don't like Mike know I said that)

I'm just jokin, it's just fun to get out on the track with other rigs, even if they are just running over my slash....

For some info, he'll be up against a brand new Losi 8EIGHT T, a brand new Team Associated RC8, and a couple year old hot bodies truggy.

Just get a short course and run in the little SC track with me, it's a blast! and running the 1/8 track is fun with them too!!
Then really the only option is to get a 1/8 scale.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:14 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: MTboy

Yesterday I found a track 2hours away that run fun races on the weekends for club members. They mostly run nitro but have no problem with others running electric. I was already planning on getting a blitz to race with friends but now am thinking I would like to get a 1/8 BL bad *** racing machine (once I sweet talk the wife)..lol I've never raced but want to do it right from the start so I don't end up spending more in the long run..

After looking more I may need to stay with 1/10th. 1/8th seems to be pretty pricey..
Hows the Cyber10b??
Brama 10B??
Any good race truggies?
Brama 10b is complete crap its non-upgradeable, parts are scarce, no hopups (minus a single aluminum drive shaft that was made for the E10), and is meant to run in pure stock form which is about 11 MPH tops on its 35t motor. HPI customer support even said they never meant for it to be anything over a bare bottom intro buggy when I asked if there was a metal gear that could be used in the drive line (the diff has a plastic gear in it). I dropped a BL system in one and it got tore up big time. Rear end snapped off, had cracks goin down the whole chassis, and liquefied one of the main drive gears
You would do better with a Tamiya Plasma Edge (DF-02) or a Dark Impact (DF-03). I got a DF-02 and it blows the Brama away in durability, its ability to upgrade, hop-ups, parts support, and looks Only issue I've had with a DF-02 is the stock shocks suck(the shaft is about as firm as warm butter and bends easy), and fitting in a lipo(think I solved this one though).

Cyber 10b never seen one, neither has my hobby shop and their a HPI distributor, the manager said he ordered some and got bramas instead that they can't sell lol

other options you have:

buy a nitro jammin X1 RTR (or a roller) sell off the nitro equipment (motor alone goes for around $140 on ebay), and get the electric conversion and plop in a $140 EZ-run BL system in it with batteries.

Get a MT2 roller for under $100 and do a BL conversion, there is a kit or you can fashion your own parts, also you will need to plop a $110 ez-run into it. I'm actually in the middle of a drastic redesign an electric conversion on the MT2's elder sibling the MT1 (prolly gonna make it a MT2 in the end seeing its like 5 parts difference). BTW The 1/10th scale MT2 is the same size as a Jammin x1 1/8th buggy (I was shocked at that when I saw them next to each other).
Old 02-26-2010, 12:45 AM
Chris_RC

They might be the same size, but the Jammin will handle alot better than the HPI. Also, the Jamin X1 and even X2 are otudated, so if you want to be competative you should get some of the newer buggies/trucks.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:48 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

If you want to stay on the cheap, and still go brushless with a good race truck, then you can not beat this deal:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXYYD9**&P=ML

Thats a smoking deal if you want a 2wd brushless stadium truck. I would suggest going with an 1/8 scale ride, but if you are going 1/10 and dont mind 2wd, then this truck is a great one.

Eric
Old 02-26-2010, 12:50 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

They might be the same size, but the Jammin will handle alot better than the HPI. Also, the Jamin X1 and even X2 are otudated, so if you want to be competative you should get some of the newer buggies/trucks.
Practice will make much more difference than how up to date the vehicle is IMO. I think a person with some skill can take an older buggy and be very competitive without spending as much, especially if they just want to have some fun. Of course a top of the line vehicle wont hurt.

Eric
Old 02-26-2010, 06:57 AM
MTboy

I didn't know there was a smaller track.. Thought only the big 1/8 thats in the video.
I was already planning on a SC truck till I found this info out so I started looking 1/8. But not sure I want to drop $800 for a 1/8 I will only be using once a month in the summer. Tho I do think it would be a blast to smoke the nitro's..lol
Old 02-26-2010, 07:02 AM
MTboy

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

If you want to stay on the cheap, and still go brushless with a good race truck, then you can not beat this deal:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXYYD9**&P=ML

Thats a smoking deal if you want a 2wd brushless stadium truck. I would suggest going with an 1/8 scale ride, but if you are going 1/10 and dont mind 2wd, then this truck is a great one.

Eric
Wow that is a great deal. I have no problem with 2wd but what ever I end up with I want there to be support.
So far I'm liking the:
RC10
HPI Blitz or Traxxas slash
HPI Vorza Flux..
Old 02-26-2010, 08:07 AM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

Practice will make much more difference than how up to date the vehicle is IMO. I think a person with some skill can take an older buggy and be very competitive without spending as much, especially if they just want to have some fun. Of course a top of the line vehicle wont hurt.

Eric

well said.. there are people at a track near here smoking cars on the sct tracks with 10 yr old cars against new SCT trucks too funny..Just because you spend $$$ on rig doesn't mean you'll be the fastest out there
Old 02-26-2010, 09:00 AM
MTboy

What do you guys think of the RC8Te with vector 8 combo thats coming out? I really like the truck and for $540 it seems not to bad..
Or you can get the kit for $330. With adding my own electronics could I beat the $540 range?
Old 02-26-2010, 10:07 AM
Chris_RC

Eric
Yes, but an up to date vehicle will handle much better, be more durable, easier to drive and easier to work on. You can run 1-3 seconds faster a lap (with a good driver) from say a Hyper 7 and a Losi 2.0. So in a 30 minute race you will run 30-90 seconds faster, or 1-3 laps faster.

If there is a 2wd truck class, get the T4. But if you are going to race with 1/8 nitros, 4wd is the ONLY option.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:09 AM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: hndaman1

Eric

well said.. there are people at a track near here smoking cars on the sct tracks with 10 yr old cars against new SCT trucks too funny..Just because you spend $$$ on rig doesn't mean you'll be the fastest out there

there comes a time in your racing that the technology is needed .. as your skill comes up, your gonna be wanting the advantages of a up to date vehicle ........ just to run with the fastest of the fast!!

but then i still run my old 8ight 1.0 its just converted to electric, but its still competitive!
Old 02-26-2010, 10:34 AM
Brainanator

I'd love to see a brushless RC8e!

It is a VERY SMALL smaller track, lol. I'll see if I have any pictures of it after classes.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:07 AM
MTboy

I'd love to see a brushless RC8e!

It is a VERY SMALL smaller track, lol. I'll see if I have any pictures of it after classes.
Me too but my wife is not working with me here..lol Plus my son wants to be apart of the racing so it's starting to look like a SC with BL system.. Pics would be cool to see..
Looking at the slash 4x4 for $330 or
The Blitz with a Novak Ballistic for $290.. Just not sure on what size would be best in the Blitz. 7.5T Kv 5800 or the 8.5T Kv 5000
What you guys think?
Old 02-26-2010, 03:19 PM
Brainanator

found the vids, I'll get my girlfriend to splice them together and I'll upload to youtube, 8 or so slashes racing on the tight little track, lol
Old 02-26-2010, 05:02 PM
MTboy

Sweet, I'm really looking forward to seeing that.

Well after all this I just placed an order for a Slash 4x4 VXL 2.4. Now I just hope my lipo's fit so I dont have to wait for weeks to run..lol
Old 02-26-2010, 05:21 PM
Chris_RC

Sweet, I'm really looking forward to seeing that.

Well after all this I just placed an order for a Slash 4x4 VXL 2.4. Now I just hope my lipo's fit so I dont have to wait for weeks to run..lol
Gonna race 4wd SC?
Old 02-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Brainanator

I'll race his 4x4 with my 2wd slash, I was just telling Mike how I'd like to see a 4x4 slash!
And if you're batts don't fit, you can make them fit
Video is uploaded, but its still processing, HD takes awhile.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:11 PM
MTboy

It came doen to the 4x4 for the 2.4 and the BL system. Figure it's cheaper to start with 4wd then add it later..lol Also the radio will work good for my son..
Old 02-27-2010, 01:05 AM
Brainanator

sorry for the wait! youtube was suckin it up, had to try like 8 times to upload it, the progress bar was messing it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZC9aaH3-JM

Of course, the track might be different by the time you get down here, who knows what is going through mike's head...lol
Old 02-27-2010, 07:03 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hows the Cyber10b??
Brama 10B??
Any good race truggies?
4 hrs (2hrs each way) of driving to go to a track? That's rough.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.