Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Savage Flux on 2S or 3S?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 01:04 PM
MountainMotor
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage Flux on 2S or 3S?

I think I finally decided to get a Savage Flux and was planning on running it on 3S but notice that most people I see on here are running them on 2S. Just wondering why?
Old 03-26-2010, 01:24 PM
BigTb17

Default RE: Savage Flux on 2S or 3S?

I would guess it is due to a combination of reasons. First, the Savage Flux has more than enough power and speed for most people's needs on 4S (2x 2S batteries). 2S batteries are a bit cheaper, and things are a bit less likely to break on 4S vs 6S. Also, while it can be a blast on 6S, it's overkill in many situations.

Keep in mind, I don't actually have a Savage Flux, . But I do have an RC8 buggy with the same motor. It goes over 40MPH on 4S, and accelerates to that speed almost instantly. In the areas I drive more speed would be mostly unusable because I can only use full throttle for very short bursts as it is. So that's my experience with this power system on 4S.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:02 PM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

let me point you to two awesome video put out by HPI.
The first one is the Savvy Flux on 4S power, and it is very impressive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Iw5oNlScQw

The second one is the Savvy Flux on 6S power, and while it is terribly frightening, it is nearing out of control, and looks like it would break more stuff than be worth it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeRysc6u_A8

Remember, with great power, comes lots of broken parts.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:46 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a Savage Flux and i'm running 2S 6000 Lipo's, it's freakin FAST.....BUT I also have a Brushless E-Revo running 3S 5000 Lipos and it is WICKED FAST and VERY IMPRESSIVE! So I had just bought 4 new 2S 5800 Lipo's from Hobbyking for 100 bucksr my FLux and E-Savage, but now I see the power of the 3S Lipos's SOI went ahead and bought a set of 3S 5000 Lipos for the flux that way I can use them as another pack in the E-Revo. Once you run a BL E-revo on 3S, everything seems a little slower in a way so I figure i'll run it most times on 2S and sometimes on 3S when I want to get CRAZY! All I know si I LOVE th FLux and E-Revo and Lipo's. i'll never go back to nitro aagin!

2S will be plenty of speed though, it's crazy fast but if you want to see what your truck can really do get one set of 3S lipos too, Hobbyking has Awesome prices!
Old 03-26-2010, 04:12 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Brainanator

The second one is the Savvy Flux on 6S power, and while it is terribly frightening, it is nearing out of control, and looks like it would break more stuff than be worth it.

Awesome video's! I'm going to go drive my Flux now! Those guys make it look easy, yah it flips easy, but it's not always easy to land them lol, this thing is fast!
Old 03-26-2010, 09:31 PM
MountainMotor

ORIGINAL: Brainanator

I loved when he shredded both rear tires!
Old 03-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Brainanator

ORIGINAL: ctwitty
I loved when he shredded both rear tires!
It's pretty cool if you get free tires from the manufacturer, otherwise I just saw money go down the drain....lol
Old 07-30-2010, 12:29 AM
Freezetron

I"m trying to decide now also if I wanna spend the money on 6S or not, just to give it a try. Sucks Hobbyking is out of alot of stuff right now...
Old 07-30-2010, 12:58 AM
Brainanator

just throw in on your wishlist, and sign up for email alerts. Be careful if it is like -50 or more out of stock, because they might not get enough in for you to place an order. But they usually get at least 100 in stock when they do.
I'm personally going to stay away from 6S, it'd be really sweet...but kind of too crazy for me.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:59 AM
MountainMotor

Yea, I went with 2 3S lipos and love them. It's stupid fast.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:51 AM
firesun

I have a Savage Flux. I run 2S 5300 mah 25C Dynamite's. I think this is pretty fast and fun.
I was having it flip on its back alot at first. But after, I got use to it and is fun to bash with now.
I have yet to break anything on it yet. Time will tell when that happens.
I would get the 2S first. After you are use to the power, then get the 3S after. But Make sure your
pinion gear and spur gear is lined up before driving it.
My friend's was not not aligned properly and the screw was a tad loose. He ended up stripping the
pinion gear and got new one and red loctite it. It works perfect now and is smooth.
He is running on 3S 11.1v. His truck is real fast. He also flips it over alot. But it is fun!

Well, good luck on your truck.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:58 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

4s total is fine, tons of power on tap and it's controllable. 6s total is fun too, but it's absurdly powerful and not really any more useful for bashing. If you want the fastest possible high speed runs then yeah 6s is the way to go though but for controllable driving 4s is more than enough. The good news is that the ESC, motor, and drivetrain are so beefy that even on 6s they're safe.