Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Slash 4x4 Wish List

Old 04-03-2010, 04:06 PM
ScottKelly911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slash 4x4 Wish List

I made this same thread on the Traxxas forum, but I think this is actually a better forum so I'm adding it here also.

I've got a Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition and I was thinking about how we love to mod our trucks with aftermarket stuff. I thought we should make a "Wish List" for aftermarket companies to produce. Hopefully they see this thread and will placate our wishes. Some already exist thankfully. Here's my list, add yours to the list too if there's something I didn't put on it

I'd like to see RPM, Traxxas or other aftermarket companies make the following, some are already in existance and on my truck
-RPM Shock Towers
-RPM Diff Housings
-RPM Body Mounts
-RPM front suspension assembly that covers the hole from the bottom so no gravel can get into the center drive shaft area
-Clear Center drive shaft cover that goes all the way back so those of us who run the center diff don't need to modify it to cover the hole to keep dirt/gravel out of the center drive shaft area
-Titanium CVD's that don't inhibit ride height or travel distance with Titanium axles
-Titanium turnbuckle set
-Titanium Screw Set (lighter and harder to strip)
-Larger bore shocks, closer to 8th scale 4wd buggy (hmmm...I wonder if they'd work!)
-Better bearings (thought about trying out the Boca Bearings, anyone have any experience with them?)

I've already got RPM bumpers and A-arms. The stuff is TOP NOTCH! I really wish they'd make more parts. I'll be getting the RPM Nerf bars as soon as they're out on April 20th.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:19 PM
hasek1616

Default RE: Slash 4x4 Wish List

id like to see some bodies besides short course trucks made for the 4x4, heres one that i found fits, the e revo slipstream body
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30109.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	1411059  
Old 04-03-2010, 05:59 PM
ScottStaypuff

Here's the answer for big bore shocks IMO:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_95...tm.htm#9598895
Old 04-03-2010, 07:08 PM
burrito

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: hasek1616

id like to see some bodies besides short course trucks made for the 4x4, heres one that i found fits, the e revo slipstream body
that thing is kinda ugly. i think the stock body looks better than that thing.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:11 PM
hasek1616

itll look better when i finish it, itll have a wing and buggy tires on it
Old 04-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

we need a good body, that doesn't act so much as a kite....the Bajr looks promising, but it costs sooooo much more than other bodies, and there is less lexan there!!!?
Old 04-03-2010, 07:30 PM
hasek1616

i heard that pro line is working on one, and my body above is actually a lot better functioning on the slash than short course bodies, its got great airflow, doesnt act nearly as much like a kite, and the arms can go all the way up and dont hit on those fenders like they do with a sc body
Old 04-03-2010, 08:11 PM
birdman1968

Ihave heard cutting several round holes in the body will help the kite effect while in the air .
Old 04-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

I think I'll poke tons of holes in the my stock body, then hit the jump at the track that throws you WAY too high, and test it out, will post results. lol
Old 04-03-2010, 11:21 PM
ScottKelly911

Personally I really like the look of the short course bodies. I think the scale realism is one of the things that has helped fuel the boom in Short Course popularity.  4wd buggies or Truggy's would handle and perform much better, but they just lack that certain something that the Short Course trucks have.  As for cutting holes in the back of the truck to lessen the kite effect, it helps A LOT!!!! I used my reemer to make several small holes and two larger ones. I'll try to post a pic of it in a little while. 
Old 04-04-2010, 08:45 AM
MTboy

ORIGINAL: Brainanator

I think I'll poke tons of holes in the my stock body, then hit the jump at the track that throws you WAY too high, and test it out, will post results. lol
Make sure to get picks, I want to see it..lol
Old 04-04-2010, 10:34 AM
ScottStaypuff

ORIGINAL: ScottKelly911

Personally I really like the look of the short course bodies. I think the scale realism is one of the things that has helped fuel the boom in Short Course popularity. 4wd buggies or Truggy's would handle and perform much better, but they just lack that certain something that the Short Course trucks have. As for cutting holes in the back of the truck to lessen the kite effect, it helps A LOT!!!! I used my reemer to make several small holes and two larger ones. I'll try to post a pic of it in a little while.

I agree abou SC trucks, rubbing tires a little is a lot of fun!

However, I do think we need more direct fit "narrow" bodies for guys like me that have made ours into monster trucks. I'm having to guess at what fits and if it will rub the tires or not.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:53 PM
hasek1616

id like to see some rpm axle carriers so there was an inbetween between aluminum and stock