Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Maxamps Out of their Mind????

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 06:57 AM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Maxamps Out of their Mind????

makes sense, i am pretty conviced to give these batteries a shot. I don't like the idea of not knowing that the cheap asian battery i bought could be 2 years old. Will they still be fresh if i get them shipped to australia?Thanks

Old 05-22-2010, 07:31 AM
Haddi Taha

thanks guys and people from maxamps this was probally the funnest (and funniest) Thread on the whole of RC Universe
Old 05-22-2010, 07:39 AM
strtzpmp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you really want to get people going and sit back and watch the fight go to the hpibajaforum and write about how much better price/performance king motors bajas are compared to the hpi baja lol....its almost the same compairson as this thread is but they are alot more intense about it
Old 05-22-2010, 07:42 AM
plasmaedge

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[/quote]

I agree. I have also heard of cases where negative reviews are rejected for posting on maxamp's site. I remember reading a thread where a guy bought one of their batteries and had bad experiences with it. He decided to post a review about his issues, but it was rejected by the maxamps staff (most likely because it shed their product in a bad light).

I respect you coming on here to defend your company Austin, but until I personally see some actual proof of your "superior quality" cells then I'm going to take your claims with a grain of salt.
[/quote]

Ha on the hobbyking site there are a few products (about 2, esc's i think) that have super bad reviews on them from every customer, this is something that makes me respec hobbyking as they tell the truth and dont try to trick you.

And then if there is a bad product, they release a version two of it if it is their own brand, this is why i like them mostly (and for their pricing also.

Old 05-22-2010, 11:15 AM
strtzpmp

i also like how they have the PEOPLES good and bad reviews on their products (HK/HC)...this is good for newbies and people that aernt aware of the product and what its uses the product has or not or what is wrong on the product so it will be fixed in no time by onlookers and the company itself....the only good i see from big usa brands like this is there in the US...not a long waiting period to get them shipped but other than that i think u need to take the chip off your shoulder and accept that any and all batteries can be rated equally with regulated restrictions and im sure your products are just the same as everyone elses...well except the chip (is that a frito scoop to pick up all that wasted cash?)
Old 05-22-2010, 02:18 PM
rc18junky

ORIGINAL: Haddi Taha

thanks guys and people from maxamps this was probally the funnest (and funniest) Thread on the whole of RC Universe
really you must have missed the get rid of mrgoodbar thread lol
Old 05-22-2010, 02:43 PM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

ORIGINAL: rc18junky

really you must have missed the get rid of mrgoodbar thread lol

Haha you guys can thank me for that comedy gem
Old 05-22-2010, 02:45 PM
redfisher1974

Whats funny? they claim they are the best, But dont show any proof at all. Seems sad to me.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:09 PM
austinelse
My Feedback: (1)

I am glad you are all having a laugh at my expense. Don't worry, I can take it

I am not here to convince anyone of anything. Like I said earlier, you can choose to buy your batteries anywhere you please.

If you want to see proof that our batteries are the best, give them a try. If you don't like them, send them back. There is no risk.

Try giving our competitors a call today(Saturday) and asking them for some help. Either you see the value in what we offer or you don't. If you don't, thats ok.

Thousands of loyal customers do see a value in what we offer.

It is always easy to bash on us behind a computer and a keyboard and bash on a company. The difference is that we are a group of RC freaks, just like all you guys spending your Saturday afternoon browsing the RC forums.

I would love to speak personally to any one of you if you have honest concerns regarding the value of our products. Our toll free number is 888-654-4450. You wont have to call me at midnight. I speak english. I know what an RC Car is and how to drive one

Best Regards,

Austin Else
www.MaxAmps.com
Old 05-22-2010, 04:39 PM
strtzpmp

well if there as praise and valued as much as you say and obviously you are making enough money on them why dont you send me a test pack and if i truely do like it over my 25 dollar batteries than i will buy them without any thought otherwise. btw got any jobs around there...ill work minimum wage or a battery of choice/per set amount of packs built lol that way prices will go down and i could actually own one lol....u sound like a good guy austin its just that we think the company you work fo is a fraud and untill proven otherwise people have nothing to argue that with...sorry bud...how bout that job?? : )
Old 05-22-2010, 04:43 PM
redfisher1974

I would love to speak personally to any one of you if you have honest concerns regarding the value of our products. Our toll free number is 888-654-4450. You wont have to call me at midnight. I speak english. I know what an RC Car is and how to drive one
You can't help yourself when it comes to bashing non americans, Speaks volumes. anywho my last word on this is word of mouth means alot and When people call them maxcraps that says it all. And good day to you gentleman.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:48 PM
FieroMan121
My Feedback: (2)

Our packs are guaranteed to last 300 cycles. We also received the best battery award in RC Car Action, RC Driver, and RC Car magazines. Castle Creations, Traxxas, HPI, Novak, Tekin, and many other industry leaders all use our packs for testing.
well thats the thing, i read a number of mags and yes, they all test with and advertise maxamps packs put thats just it, you pay the mags to advertise and you give them packs im sure so why wouldnt they speak of them in a positive light.

personaly, ill go for the well priced race packs anyday heck, id go for the hk specials before i spend that much on a battery especialy when i easily have already had my SPC packs way over 300 cycles since i got them in late febuary and only paid like 50 bucks for what i consider the best batterys on the market. atleast i know tom will make good packs when i need new ones cause i worked these to death
Old 05-22-2010, 04:52 PM
austinelse

I am not bashing anyone. Just stating the facts.

We are available during normal business hours and we all speak english. We also all race rc cars.

That is a big deal and a value to most people.

strtzpmp- I am sorry but we have very high standards for our employees here at MaxAmps...and I don't work for the company...I own it

fieroman- Its not the magazine that voted us best battery, it was the readers of the magazine...300 cycles since Febuary...that is impressive

-Austin
Old 05-22-2010, 04:54 PM
FieroMan121
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: austinelse

strtzpmp- I am sorry but we have very high standards for our employees here at MaxAmps...and I don't work for the company...I own it

Its not the magazine that voted us best battery, it was the readers of the magazine...

-Austin
well true enough about the latter

bdw good reply[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 05-22-2010, 05:34 PM
strtzpmp

so am i not high standard enough for what reason? discrimination is illegal  and holds lawsuit....ill take 4 packs as a settlement hahaha
Old 05-22-2010, 05:40 PM
austinelse

Anyone running a Slash 4X4 drag truck does not have the class required to work at MaxAmps. Nuff said

Actually I would like to see a picture of that thing, it sounds pretty sweet...

-A
Old 05-22-2010, 06:20 PM
plasma 327

Austin,
I originally started this thread only out of price vers most other manufactures.. I have been watching and am impressed... I have yet to see any other manufacture come online to defend their company especially on the weekend..
Although I have seen one puff(your batt) I am intrigued and impressed by the way you represent your company and your self.. I am a 41 year old business owner and avid Rc Racer( given time off from my machine shop)....
Although I think your prices are extremely high I am going to purchase one of your packs and try for myself... You posted a new cutomer can receive 30% discount??( I think that is what was posted)
I race 4x4 slash and I would need a 7.4 volt 5000 (40C) or better mah hardcase to be legall..
I really think being able to talk to you personally(company owner CEO) would be something I would find rare in the industry or any industry for that matter... You have earned my respect just from your handling of this thread, yourself, and the representation of your company...
A link and some info would be great with price quote please..
Thanks,

God Speed

Chip
Old 05-22-2010, 06:25 PM
cumquat

Anyone running a Slash 4X4 drag truck does not have the class required to work at MaxAmps. Nuff said

Actually I would like to see a picture of that thing, it sounds pretty sweet...

-A
HAHAHA! that was good.
i have no interest in maxamps right now (the only reason i am looking at lipo is because i can get a zippy 4000mah for $20 as a posed to nimh for $35) but in the future i might just get a set for racing (as i recall they are roar legal. zippy, not so much).
Old 05-22-2010, 06:27 PM
qoisdhc oqina

Oh...snap!!

Theres pics btw http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9731712/tm.htm
Old 05-22-2010, 06:30 PM
austinelse

Chip,

Thanks for the post! It made my day

I am not sure where you read about a 30% discount for new customers. We have never had a program like that.

We do have a membership program that starts at 5% off. You work your way up to 20% off depending on how much you spend with us. I would love to talk with you and take your order over the phone. Please give me a ring or I can call you if you forward me your number. My email address is [email protected]

I would love to talk to you about your own business and your rc battery needs. I run a Slash 4X4 almost every day. Its probably the most fun of all the vehicles we have. Have a great night!

-Austin
Old 05-22-2010, 06:54 PM
redfisher1974

That right there is Funny You my friend are alright
Old 05-22-2010, 07:13 PM
strtzpmp

whats wrong with a slash 4x4 drag truck?? its quick stable and then can change for onroad or to a MT in less then 5 minutes....to me thats pretty good

considering it need the MAXimum amount of amps to race well....i think it would have the opposite effect on you...
heres the pics of my slash 4x4 kustom mt/drag truck.....just incase u cant seem to find the thread posted above...haha

u know for someone in the rc industry with a big name and sells "there OWN brand packs" howdid you do this without experimenting/and customization? im only doing what i feel is cool and not what others want...its my truck right? i have plenty fun and experience now with it, i dont think theres much to change other then the optional equipment and some fabrication for a really good truck, all i need to do is lower the CG on it and i think it will be perfect....thats what im doing next btw

is the class maxamps takes in the rich only get richer and steal from the poor? or the greedy store charging the most for the same chinesecell with a sticker on it....."if you throw our sticker on your car you WILL see 50+hp gains!!" right??
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	fd92142.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	425.3 KB
ID:	1440381   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81052.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	1440382   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uq49722.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	1440383   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rx60237.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	1440384   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jd87299.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	1440385   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qb38588.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	1440386   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aq98278.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	1440387   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bd68089.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	205.2 KB
ID:	1440388  

Old 05-22-2010, 07:32 PM
qoisdhc oqina

*Slowly puts popcorn into mouth*
Old 05-22-2010, 08:25 PM
cumquat

*popcorn puff melts in mouth*
*sips root beer*
Old 05-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Pecanpatch

My first maxamp battery was a 5000 2s

It is 3.5 years old and is still a good practice battery.

I bought a new one for racing ....a 4250 mah..... I'm happy with it.

The other guys I raced with puffed a couple of sets of Hobby king turningy craptastic batteries in the same time frame.

I just feel safer having these batteries at home than the dirt cheap varieties.

Call or e-mail maxamps.
Ask them how they justify there prices, instead of just slamming them on this forum.
I did this and got 10% off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.