Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Maxamps Out of their Mind????

Old 05-22-2010, 09:42 PM
strtzpmp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Maxamps Out of their Mind????

thats still would be an outragous price with 10% but a little more justified with 25-30% since no one that can show us tests of them makes me a little suspicous...just becuase there exspensive doesnt mean they last longer or is better...thats why we are wondering with the true ratings are we are not bashing for our own sake but to really see testing that justifies the price difference...not just CS.....what would happen if turnigy(EXP.) offered great CS and  Free Warrenty and still the same price or for $10 more...then what? like the KM bajas...they will gain popularity that changes the company for the better...improved frequently, great CS and has the same price different type that maxamps has with turnigy but same or better quality....now everyone can be the best with the cheap battery and the overprice country named packs will likely dimish there customers without change...how will you survive with this if it happens during this type of economy? i mean even well paid  workers are having a hard time...or is the whole company up to their necks in money and just want to make a name somewhere??? if so theres alot of rc'ers out now that would loved to be sponser'd or have a benafactor....including me

poor people are more then 65% of the population on the globe and the rest can either live comfortable or are filthy rich....this is the small percent i think uses your batteries, the majority cannot access your products without selling a kidney and to be honest im not cool with that....its not fair to waste cash like water becuase of a name when it could be more usefull for something better or someone that needs it more than you...*** is wrong with ppl today guys?
Old 05-23-2010, 02:57 AM
Pecanpatch

I also fly planes and have had 3 or 4 outrunner motors from hobby king and they all turned out to be junk.
Hell one of the motors I got from HK was full of metal chips.

I stick with e-flight motors now and they are about 4 times as much. But they stand behind they're product. and revenues go to an American company, Horizon Hobbies.

Years ago I got out of the RC hobby cuz all I had was cheap junk. I fought with K&B and Fox engines and junky Kraft radios and crashed some good airplanes because of it. When I got back in the hobby I decided I wasn't gonna use Junk.

If I see united hobbies or Hobby King or Turnigy on my buddies merchandise I just shake my head. Its just a matter of time and its headed for file 13 with no recourse.

I've won races because guys and there crappy HK batteries poofed on them.
I've won combat matches several times because the opponents had *****ty HK components on there plane.

Keep using that crap and it just makes you the Next Loser!

Eat it Yoshi!

Old 05-23-2010, 04:50 AM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i will lol i will tell you what happens.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:53 AM
Haddi Taha

i will try to look it up (arguements are best when are happening as you read it) thanks
Old 05-23-2010, 04:55 AM
Haddi Taha

Yes we can, Keep an i out for threads like these

Old 05-23-2010, 05:00 AM
Haddi Taha

i am not saying that the batteries are bad (I am getting some yay) just this thread is interesting.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:30 AM
Haddi Taha

keep in mind that the chance of getting a good turnigy,zippy ect is actually pretty low. With Max Amps you can relax knowing if something does happen to go wrong you can give them a call (any day of the week in a language u understand) and resolve the problem. Anyone know which 2S maxamps pack is suitable with my 35A (9T) Ezrun combo? those serious amps can fry my esc/motor if i get the wrong one. Will be used for bashing in a onroad and sometimes offroad (both using ezrun 9T) thanks
Old 05-23-2010, 08:15 AM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

ORIGINAL: Haddi Taha

keep in mind that the chance of getting a good turnigy,zippy ect is actually pretty low. With Max Amps you can relax knowing if something does happen to go wrong you can give them a call (any day of the week in a language u understand) and resolve the problem. Anyone know which 2S maxamps pack is suitable with my 35A (9T) Ezrun combo? those serious amps can fry my esc/motor if i get the wrong one. Will be used for bashing in a onroad and sometimes offroad (both using ezrun 9T) thanks
Careful with using super amazingly powerful batteries on your cheap piece of [:@][:@][:@][:@] system.It could have metal chunks in it and spontaneously combust while flying your car on the lake.Stick with cheap crappy Hk batteries, they match your cheap crappy hk system perfectly.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:09 AM
redfisher1974

ORIGINAL: Pecanpatch

I also fly planes and have had 3 or 4 outrunner motors from hobby king and they all turned out to be junk.

I stick with e-flight motors now and they are about 4 times as much. But they stand behind they're product. and revenues go to an American company, Horizon Hobbies.

Years ago I got out of the RC hobby cuz all I had was cheap junk. I fought with K&B and Fox engines and junky Kraft radios and crashed some good airplanes because of it. When I got back in the hobby I decided I wasn't gonna use Junk.

If I see united hobbies or Hobby King or Turnigy on my buddies merchandise I just shake my head. Its just a matter of time and its headed for file 13 with no recourse.

I've won combat matches several times because the opponents had *****ty HK components on there plane.

Eat it Yoshi!

Feel better?
Old 05-23-2010, 10:10 AM
redfisher1974

if i didnt know better, I would say your in Cahoots with MaxAmps.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:12 AM
redfisher1974

keep in mind that the chance of getting a good turnigy,zippy is low
How can you even say that? Type in maxamps then zippy etc. and the bad reveiws on maxamps are ten to one over zippy.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:47 AM
strtzpmp

exactly^
Old 05-23-2010, 11:03 AM
overrev

A lot of the people who buy rc items don't bother with with giving reviews. Most just buy what they want. I've had bad luck with a few higher end rc's but I don't bash them because I had nothing but problems other people don't. If the batteries where as bad as you guys say the would not be in business. So known point arguing.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:29 AM
redfisher1974

ORIGINAL: overrev
If the batteries where as bad as you guys say the would not be in business. So known point arguing.
so not true, I can show you thousands of products that are crap and should not be sold, but they do and they make money.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:33 AM
overrev

Like tayima nothing but junk to me but thats my opinion. But I don't bash it because I had nothing but problems.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:20 PM
rymansl2

Like tayima nothing but junk to me but thats my opinion. But I don't bash it because I had nothing but problems.
LOL then you must have been doing something seriously wrong. My Tamiyas have been the most durable RC's I've ever had. Not a single problem with either of the ones I've owned. Can't say that about my past Evader EXT or current RC18.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:24 PM
Slo-V Flyer

Eat it Yoshi!

ROFL. Way to overgeneralize every. Good job. I could go on to say instead how folks like you think that because they throw gobs of money away for a product that somehow they're getting the best stuff...yet others spend less than half your money and can do just fine, as mentioned here earlier using HK stuff.

I have had a Maxamps 3s 5000 20C lipo poof up on me in exactly a year, running the same setup all year long barely 50 cycles IF that, not letting the battery reach over 125*F tops. It was used to push around a mostly stock 9-10 lbs E-Maxx with an inexpensive Feigao 7XL motor barely past 25 mph. Just one day... it puffed up. Of course this is before their "free" 300 cycle warranty, and me being the optimist thought nothing of the warranty during purchase time, thinking "Hey I'm paying $140 already, I'm sure it'll last without needing a warranty!" ............... Yeah it sure did. But I decided it was an isolated incident and didn't feel the need to go ranting about them.

Hmm I guess based upon that experience I should just flame Maxamps for charging me 4x the price of the new Turnigy 3s 5000 25C lipo I got now. Right?

I've submerged my factory seconds reject Rhino 2s 3700 20C lipos (not one, but two) into dirty creek water when in use with my Traxxas Summit, and come out OK and still work 2 months later. Whoops...I guess that wasn't supposed to happen. I used them to drive around the very same Emaxx with an amp hungry Hacker C50 that fried my Mamba Max ESC, but the battery barely knew anything was going on.

Also, if someone uses a $5 servo and $10 lipo I wouldn't expect them to win a race either. I've used $8 servos and they sure are quite rough and imprecise. That's the user's fault for cutting too many corners for a racer setup. I can't argue with that too much.

I use cheapy lipos, with my Mamba Max, cheap motors, expensive motors, and they all work fine for over a year or two. Now I don't race, but I do drive and bash hard with ugly crashes etc, and have yet to damage any of my cheaper products. In fact, it is a bit of stress relief knowing I am not thrashing around all high dollar items as badly as I do, there are some budget items in the mix that if they were to fail, it would not hurt the wallet much.

4 bad outrunners, and a motor with shrapnel in it (funny and a first for me ever reading this).... out of how many purchases? Either HK just didn't want you as a customer, seeing they are just too under qualified for you and you'd never be satisfied, or you are extremely unlucky and got all their defective items by coincidence. I've purchased a dozen different products, including at least 2 different type motors and ESC, and not one item was DOA, or has quit so far in over a year.

I guess we all run what we can justify spending money on. I like a good mix of budget and quality, others simply may not see any purpose in spending large amounts of dollars. While yet others can't see any reason to risk spending LESS on something, because by spending over 3x as much for an item, it seems to give an air of security that because it costs a lot, it must automatically be high quality (sure sometimes).

While I don't agree with the insane price tag of Maxamps especially with today's economy, especially with the only item ending with a negative experience, I can agree that perhaps their LOCAL customer service and customization may come in handy for those that can dish out the coin. I will take my chances with 5 for the price of 1 HK stuff and add a little dab of caution into the mix.

poor people are more then 65% of the population on the globe and the rest can either live comfortable or are filthy rich....this is the small percent i think uses your batteries, the majority cannot access your products without selling a kidney and to be honest im not cool with that....its not fair to waste cash like water becuase of a name when it could be more usefull for something better or someone that needs it more than you...**** is wrong with ppl today guys?
Strtpmpz, buddy what are you going on about there? I'm with you as far as perhaps the price of Maxamps lipos being unjustifiably high... but if I were to read just that bit there it seems you're BLAMING Maxamps of depriving the poor needy children of lipo batteries they NEED so badly.... or something like that. Haha. That would be like saying the Infinity QX56 is made by greedy rich people for rich people and costs too much, how dare they deprive poor American families who need an SUV, when the Nissan Armada can do the same things, and a Suzuki Samurai costs 3x less! .....We know they ALL have quality issues... and the poor needy people have OTHER CHOICES!
Old 05-23-2010, 12:28 PM
Slo-V Flyer

Haddi, please stop spamming with multiple back to back posts, try to make all your points in 1 post.

The other thing I noticed in your posts is you seem to think that just because a lipo can discharge 100 amps (5000 mah 20C) that somehow it WILL fry an 35A esc. You need to understand it is the MOTOR that pulls the amps, the BATTERY has to be able to supply those amps, the ESC is like a valve...it has to be able to handle what the MOTOR is pulling. The battery's discharge amp rating does not put the ESC or MOTOR in harm's way, because it is just SUPPLYING what the MOTOR needs. The lipo does NOT push the amps.

So as long as you are running an appropriate motor with that 35A ESC, it doesn't matter if your lipos are rated for 50 amps discharge or 300 amps. It just means your batteries should last a long time and will be under worked, which is usually a good thing.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:46 PM
overrev

rymans12 I was just making a point. I had bad luck with tamiya and will not buy another but that doesn't mean that you or others won't. people are in titled to there own opinion. I learned long ago not to believe everything I read.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:16 PM
rymansl2

rymans12 I was just making a point. I had bad luck with tamiya and will not buy another but that doesn't mean that you or others won't. people are in titled to there own opinion. I learned long ago not to believe everything I read.
I realize that, but I was also making a point that just because one person had bad luck with something doesn't mean its junk. I'm not against buying Maxamps batteries because of their track record as reliable batteries. I find the warranty a very nice addition and it would make me sleep better at night knowing I'm not screwed if my battery puffs randomly within that time period. I'm against buying their batteries solely because I can't justify spending that kind of money. I can't afford to spend $200 on one battery. I also find their lack of solid testing data kinda fishy, but that also would not stop me from buying their batteries since the warranty puts my mind at ease.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:01 PM
overrev

But I,m not the only person that doesn't like tamiya or other companies for that matter. most people just don't say anything. I didn't until now.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:07 PM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There are companies out there that when you are too loyal to them , they are laughing behind you for paying high prices. Especially when companies rebrand cheap products.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:43 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Eat it Yoshi!

wows
Dunno my HK 2.4ghz airplane controller works good so does the servos, and cheap outrunner and 2 3s batteries I bought for it.
ok you got one goof up with metal shavings as an example I know someone that opened up a snicker bar and a few hundred live ants crawled out. It was perfectly factory sealed so does this mean every snicker bar opened will have ants living in it or was it a freak accident? Hell a guy was also saying he bought a new blitz an half his screws were missing. Accidents get through factories lets face it no place is perfect.

Now just because a battery or two poofed on someone doesn't mean its crappy. You don't know how the person treated it or if it was overheating in the RC they had it in. The person could have potentially over geared it in an effort to be the fastest on the track, or even if the pack they had in their RC could handle the Amp load the ESC was pulling. For all you said they could have had a 2000mah 15C Airplane lipo in a 1/8th Mamba Monster system. Now what about the people that see maxamps fail at the track their claim that the battery is sub par is just as valid as yours.

weird bought 4 so far I've have a 100% sucess rate damn low chances of getting a good one Went through around 20-25 cycles on them no puffing or reduced runtimes either(I've had some insanely bad weather by me for the past few months on my days off and can't run)
I use a turnigy 2S 5200mah 30C hardcase on my HW 60A 8.5t combo and the battery stays room temp after 30 mins of full throttle running (along with the ESC and the motor gets very slightly warm)

Old 05-23-2010, 03:55 PM
flat6
My Feedback: (5)

Max amp batteries are for people with money to blow, or the noobs to the sport who dont know about hobbyking. There is no difference between a maxamps lipo and turnigy, and if you want to argue there is, then please provide a link with proof. (there is not one).

I for one have never purchased a battery from max amps, nor will i ever. Absolute ripoff. Im sure their sales figures/bottom line profits are suffering due to their ridicolous prices, while hobby king cannot keep enough lipos in stock.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:06 PM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: flat6

Max amp batteries are for people with money to blow, or the noobs to the sport who dont know about hobbyking. There is no difference between a maxamps lipo and turnigy, and if you want to argue there is, then please provide a link with proof. (there is not one).

I for one have never purchased a battery from max amps, nor will i ever. Absolute ripoff. Im sure their sales figures/bottom line profits are suffering due to their ridicolous prices, while hobby king cannot keep enough lipos in stock.
Source: http://www.rcbros.com/forum/forum_po...?TID=6922&PN=1

Funny email from Jason at MaxAmp, the moderator on the forum compared a HobbyCity lipo to MaxAmp Lipo. Jason got mad and wants his account be removed from the forum. All moderator did was just comparing their prices and stated nothing bad about MaxAmp.

-Message from MaxAmp-
After reading this and seeing that your mods started it I'm requesting my account with your forum be removed. We don't want to be associated with a site that finds this type of thing ok.

Best regards,

Jason

To MaxAmp: with email like this, you have ABSOLUTELY no credibility, trust , nothing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.