Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

First Race Night , now ??'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 11:36 AM
birdman1968

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Race Night , now ??'s

I did my first race last night , 2wd SC with a Slash , and 4wd SC with a Slash .

I qualifed 2nd on my first run in 2WD SC then it was all down hill from their . I had a bad crash on the practice lap and ruined my spur gear seconds before the main race . Missed the 2wd SC race.

Qualified and finished 5th out 6 racers in 4WD SC . I guess it could have been worse . LOL .

On to the questions , what is proper ettiquette when being passed ??? .I was on the last lap of the main and the first place guy ( I found out when he yelled afer the crash )came up behind to lap me . I just kept racing and whenthefirst place guy tried to passme on a corner , I accidently took him out . Not a t bone, justa rub really . Am I being a dick ?? I do not want to piss of the pro's . On the contrary , I want to learn how they go so damn fast . A couple guys were just killing everybody buy a full lap by the end of the race .

Similar situation happened in the qualifier , I was rubbing a guy trying to pass me , he was standing next t me on the driver stand , he said he was running first , so I let him pass . He got TQ . I got second ! I am thinking I should have kept racing . But I really did not want to ruffle feathers , especially my first race night .
Old 05-27-2010, 11:56 AM
Pinolelst

Default RE: First Race Night , now ??'s

If someone is obviously a lot faster and comes up from behind to lap you it's considered good etiquette to let them go by .You'll get called a "hack" for purposefully "rubbing" a lapping car.
This in no way means let that guy who has been behind you for the whole race get ahead but if you're being lapped get the heck out of the way

Steve
Old 05-27-2010, 12:04 PM
kaiser01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

always let the leader go by if you are being lapped.

he'll forgive you, it was your first time, everyone makes mistakes.

next time you see him, appologize and tell him it was your first race. he'll most likey be cool with it, maybe even give you some tips.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:10 PM
birdman1968

Yep ,he said hegot hacked . Too funny . Luckily he was not taking it too serious . . Newbie mistake. I apologized up and down to the guy after words . He was cool about it . He got first anyways.

Not the same with theTQ I was rubbing in the the qualifying rounds . He was a little bitter . But Iqualfied second , so Idid not feel like a " HACK " .
Old 05-27-2010, 12:17 PM
kaiser01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the qualifier was just racing, you both were on the same lap battling it out, thats life. if he was bitter, he's a punk.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:18 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you are going to meet all types when racing. some people are good sports and others are not. the fact that you made this thread means you are a good sport. you want everyone to have the same fun you are having.
when racing, you have 2 jobs, be 1st and be trying not to take anyone out. sometimes the latter will happen. if you say you are sorry and the other guy still acts irritated, then he is not a good sport. dont let his stinky attitude get to you. this is a hobby. its for fun.
you will always have one guy who takes racing too seriously.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:39 PM
dug44
My Feedback: (2)

PATIENCE on a track is a must... One of the advantage's those guys have over you, is their "FIRST" races are already behind them. You probably had your nerve's so wound up (on the verge of heart failure), that you didn't even drive to your full potential. If the other guy (that you were rubbing with) is still a dick the next time you see/race him... Chances are he isnt very liked there anyway... Think you did a good job in the whole apology thing to the guy in first, shows some big one's there...

Don't let it get to you, and try to stand next to the guy that was a dick. Your going to want to hear him ***** and moan when your the one that he is trying to catch... Keep your head up, and good luck man... Everyone makes all those mistakes that you just mentioned... Sometimes the guys on track (that are going so FAST), forget the day that they started....

Such as life.... PATIENCE... You gotta have PATIENCE....
Old 05-27-2010, 06:11 PM
ElectricGuy007

Ive won so many races with my 2wd slash I lost count....
Ive never Tq'd but won...
But being consistent is the main thing, concentrate on looking at your truck not everybody elses...

Dont be afraid to tear it down once a month for inspection for broken things...

And PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE.....
Old 05-27-2010, 07:58 PM
birdman1968

Thank alot everyone for the advice . I was back at the track today practicing . Learning . Trying to dial in my set ups .

Gonna race again sunday . I am fired up !!! Their is a couple of guys I am dying to beat . I was back and forth with a pack of guys practicing today with SC trucks . Tons of fun . As you guys said though , at least one guy is way to serious . The serious guy today went on the track to flip over his B4 buggy and walked right past my truck on it's lid . Looked right at it . I called out for a little help , and he did nothing . What a dick !!!!

Whatever .I am stoked on RC . Not gonna let some douchepickles bother me .
Old 05-27-2010, 10:19 PM
Access

ORIGINAL: birdman1968
On to the questions , what is proper ettiquette when being passed ??? . I was on the last lap of the main and the first place guy ( I found out when he yelled afer the crash ) came up behind to lap me . I just kept racing and when the first place guy tried to pass me on a corner , I accidently took him out . Not a t bone, just a rub really . Am I being a dick ?? I do not want to piss of the pro's . On the contrary , I want to learn how they go so damn fast . A couple guys were just killing everybody buy a full lap by the end of the race .

Similar situation happened in the qualifier , I was rubbing a guy trying to pass me , he was standing next t me on the driver stand , he said he was running first , so I let him pass . He got TQ . I got second ! I am thinking I should have kept racing . But I really did not want to ruffle feathers , especially my first race night .
Basically if you are not a contender then just let him pass. If you are being lapped you are not really a contender (unless that first place guy is lapping everyone).

But if you are a contender, just like the old saying goes "All is fair in love, war, and racing." Make them fight to pass you, anticipate their line and stay in front of them. Even if he is a better driver than you, if you can get an early lead and then force him to do something he normally doesn't have to do, he might end up messing up and you just might win the race. A lot of the new classes like short-course trucks are basically 'bare-knuckle' classes where 'bump and run' is basically expected, just part of the fun.

If you want to improve, don't try to go fast, try to be consistent first. Once you are consistent then you have a base to improve on.