Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

1/8 Buggy Servos?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 06:13 AM
joeyhatch11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/8 Buggy Servos?

Looking for some good but not too expensive servos for my new 1/8 nitro buggy. I was thinking Hitec or Futaba but looking on Towerhobbies, there only 100-130oz of torque. Looking for 150+ for steering and throttle/break. Any help would be great. Will even consider servo's from HobbyCity.com if anyone know of a good one. Thanks, Joe
Old 08-19-2010, 07:14 AM
bkfamily1
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: 1/8 Buggy Servos?

Futaba has a servo selector where you can enter the parameters you want, including minimum torque, and it will tell you what servo(s) will work. Try this link [link=http://www.futaba-rc.com/servos/servo-select.php]http://www.futaba-rc.com/servos/servo-select.php[/link].

By the way, I am not sure why you want a lot of torque on your throttle/brake servo. For throttle, you should not need much torque at all. For the brake, if it is a well-designed braking system and set up properly, you should not need to apply a bunch of torque to get good braking. I have seen some newer brake setups that use a "plastic" brake disc and no "composite" pad materials since they can not have asbestos in the pads. I know those do not brake so well. But I Have also in many cases seen people double up the discs and pads to get good braking with those setups.

Finally, if you are asking about throttle/brake servos, then it seems unlikely your car is electric. You might try the nitro forums for more advice about throttle/brake setups.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:36 AM
joeyhatch11

Default RE: 1/8 Buggy Servos?

Thanks for the reply. I got a good idea what I'm going to get. I didn't realize I posted in the electric thread though. LOL