Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

nimh for bandit

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 02:07 PM
hpiracr28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nimh for bandit

so i was looking around at lipo batteries, and then i thought i would look at the nimh batteries on towerhobbies.com. the nimh are more affordable for me right now. i have the stock battery that came with my bandit vxl, the 7 cell hump. i dont wanna modify my car to hold a battery, i wanna keep it stock.so i think the biggest it can hold is an 8 cell hump pack (correct me if im wrong) any suggestions on the biggest battery with the most power to give my bandit vxlmore power and speed??
Old 09-13-2010, 02:31 PM
MountainMotor
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: nimh for bandit

The VXL system can handle a 10.8V NiMH or 9 cells. Hopefully someone will chime in that can verify which 8 or 9 cell will fit properly.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:03 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you can buy a 2s-5000mah-30c lipo off ebay for $30 shipped. that will be about as fast as any 7-8cell nimh pack.
and you can buy lipo chargers for under $50 shipped now.
if you know where to buy, the cost isnt any more than nimh, but the performance is better.
i have bought lipos off ebay, and off hobbyking.com. both were better than ANY nimh packs i have ever used.
once you go lipo, you dont go back[8D]
Old 09-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Slo-V Flyer

You can use 8-9 cell Nimh packs if you want to stay with Nimh for now. Just the matter of finding what pack config will fit the Bandit. I believe the hump back will fit. Maxamps, and cheapbatterypacks or similar vendors even had specific packs made for the Traxxas 2wd stuff, if you want to google around, you may still find those.