RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   New Rustler? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/10121718-new-rustler.html)

Arjunks 11-07-2010 10:22 PM

New Rustler?

traxxas has been making a lot of new cars lately and im sure that a rustler is on the way
what do you guys think its going to be like?
4x4 like the stampede or mini

Brainanator 11-07-2010 10:46 PM

RE: New Rustler?

it'll be a 4x4 slash with a rusty body/tires on it.
and it'll be a mini e revo with a rusty body/tires on it.

Arjunks 11-07-2010 10:52 PM

it wouldnt be a slash because it would need to be changed alot since the slash is bigger

ScottStaypuff 11-07-2010 10:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Brainanator

it'll be a 4x4 slash with a rusty body/tires on it.
and it'll be a mini e revo with a rusty body/tires on it.

I could see a Stampede 4x4 wheelbase with similar but lower cg chassis and Rusty size tires. Could be fun.

sheograth 11-08-2010 12:36 AM

I'd like to see an entirely new model not just a rehash of something else. If they just throw a Rustler body and wheels on their 1/16 chassis big deal. A new monster truck would be nice, maybe a solid axle... or a 1/8 solid axle rear trophy truck.

Freezetron 11-08-2010 12:50 AM

ORIGINAL: sheograth

I'd like to see an entirely new model not just a rehash of something else. If they just throw a Rustler body and wheels on their 1/16 chassis big deal.
Are you kidding, Traxxas is king of rahashing, its what they do best.

john01374 11-08-2010 09:11 AM

I personally don't see traxxas putting any money into the rustler or bandit cars anytime soon. A 4x4 Rusty would be nice but I don't see them doing it using the slash/pede parts.

A completely new design would be good and I'd really like to see something along the lines of the old SRT/TCP cars.

SyCo_VeNoM 11-08-2010 04:37 PM

A 4X4 bandit would probably basically be a backslash conversion. Kinda like how the stampeded looks like its ideas were lifted from some of the 4X4 slash MT conversions I've seen around.

Would be nice thought to have some more 4wd buggy options seeing it seems there are relatively few of them.

Arjunks 11-09-2010 10:59 PM

Guys r u just joking about i dont care or r u serious cause i wanna know what people think

suburban_hooligan 11-09-2010 11:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Arjunks

Guys r u just joking about i dont care or r u serious cause i wanna know what people think
<div>don't know, don't care and im 100% serious. im not a rustler fan (in fact i hate that truck), im not a traxxas fan. and the only way im going to care about a new stadium truck form them is if its an SRT2 race KIT with none of those crappy rubbermaid partsor gray plastic. it'll be a cold day in hell before that ever happens so i simply don't care.
and i seriously doubt that they will be replacing the rustler anytime soon, even though they seriously need to</div>

SyCo_VeNoM 11-10-2010 12:14 AM

I wasn't joking either would prefer a 4wd 1/10th scale bandit in all honesty
My statement was based on what traxxas seems to be doing recently. Lets face it all their "new" trucks are basically their last chassis design with new wheels, and bodies popped on it.

meef rustler 11-10-2010 12:15 AM

I think the rustler is a great little truck, nothing competitive. But i would like to see a good competition vehicle from traxxas honestly. They need a good buggy. The bandit doesn't compare to any of the comp entry level buggies. That or a truggy.

Arjunks 11-21-2010 09:24 PM

but would you rather have a 4x4 rustler or 4x4 bandit?