RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   Emaxx mamba moster brushless edition problems (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/10182486-emaxx-mamba-moster-brushless-edition-problems.html)

RCjuggalo87 12-07-2010 11:12 AM

Emaxx mamba moster brushless edition problems

Ihave had my emaxx mamba monster brushless edition truck for about two months now Iran it only 4 times and fried the esc , I am open to any sudgestions on a better brushless set up for my emaxx it is just sitting and collecting dust because I do not want to buy another castle creations brushless esc also was wondering if anyone knew of a more water proof brushless setup that would work in it thank you all for your help

hpiracr28 12-07-2010 12:02 PM

RE: Emaxx mamba moster brushless edition problems

traxxas makes the vxl waterproof esc and electronics. might have to see if it fits up tho. other than that, if you fried ur esc, u might have put too many volts to it or it couldn't cool down. get a mini fan (traxxas makes one for the esc) or make a slot in the battery for air to enter.

RCjuggalo87 12-07-2010 12:13 PM

it had the fan and i was only running the stock batteries through it what i think happened was i was driving it through the grass and a little bit of dew got up onto the esc and it quit working wont turn on or nothing

Dale Gribble 12-07-2010 12:16 PM

Honestly, Castle makes some of the very best high power ESCs on the market. I would send the Mamba Monster ESC in to Castle, get it repaired either with or without warranty and put it back in. If you insist on running in water, you could probably get creative with someway to protect the Castle ESC. If you have another Castle ESC blow up, it is something you are doing wrong.

In terms of Waterproof, ya, Traxxas VXL ESCs are the only ones with that claim to fame but I am not sure they put out enough juice to satisfy the Mamba motor.

Brainanator 12-07-2010 12:56 PM

pretty sure Castle would fix that for free, especially if it died as quick as you said, assuming you didn't do something wrong with it. Couldn't hurt to contact them and find out....even if you just sell it when you get it back.

mc4798 12-07-2010 03:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Yeah castle should replace for free.

Then I would ebay it and pick up something else.....</p>

hasek1616 12-07-2010 05:16 PM

Good to see somebody from the western new york area on here! I would definitely recommend sending it in to castle to get fixed, but if you really don't want to then find yourself a tekin rx8 esc, or if thats too much then check out HPI's blur esc, its the same thing as the mamba monster, but a good bit cheaper.

Redvanmafia 12-08-2010 02:45 PM

Throw the damn thang on 6s and go snap driveshafts already:P i love my 6s e-maxx

RCjuggalo87 12-13-2010 10:23 AM

thanks all but I decided to trade my emaxx for an erevo thanks again and yes it is nice to see someone else from western ny I know one other person from around me into the hobby as I am

hpiracr28 12-14-2010 07:06 AM

Castle better replace it or thats crappy customer service. I would suggest waterproofing your next esc or go velineon. i have ran mine straight thru a puddle and still keeps chugging