RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   The first and last time I'll ever do this (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/10576363-first-last-time-ill-ever-do.html)

Freezetron 06-15-2011 08:09 PM

The first and last time I'll ever do this

So, after deciding to keep the Slash, I decided I really needed to go to the track again but the weather up in my state has been nothing but rain and misery. I finally managed to get two other guys to join me this weekend during a dry spell. Unfortuantly, as soon as they showed up, it started to rain pretty good for 15 minutes and let up again. The track wasn't soaked but it was pretty wet and I was about to say "screw it" when my friends threw their trucks on the track and started having a muddy good time. Realizing that I also forgot my outerwears shroud AGAIN, I finally gave into their fun and put Frostbolt on the track as well until it started to down pour again.

Needless to say, my truck was an utter, muck filled mess. Yeah, it was alot of fun, for around 10 mins. But then I spent the next several hours after hosing down the truck with the garden house, taking the truck all apart, take each part and put them on a towel and drying them in a fan for a few hours. Then began the real fun part of cleaning all of parts with blue rags and 409 lemon cleaner. It cost me another 4 bearings for one little mud run after the rain. Waterproof or not, this was a PITA to clean up and ill be sticking with dry dirt or clean snow from this point forward. Thanks but no thanks.

And this will teach me for forgetting my outerwears as well...

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m.../dirtslash.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...dirtslash2.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...dirtslash3.jpg

JUSTPASSEDU 06-15-2011 09:11 PM

RE: The first and last time I'll ever do this

Dude it's part of the hobby , I guess you don't race on a dirt track bc this is what happens when you do. Good thing you have a slash bc mostly any other car would not be able to be hosed down.

ThunderbirdJunkie 06-15-2011 09:13 PM

What's the big deal? That's what ThunderbirdJunkie's XXX-SCT looks like after a race day.

JUSTPASSEDU 06-15-2011 09:33 PM

The big deal is thunderbird junkie doesn't mind cleaning his and doesnt complain. Freezetron does and makes a big deal Over it. cleaning cars has been a part of the hobby since day 1 of the hobby. Most tracks are muddy and they water them down so this will always happen . Then there are shelf queens , those are cars that sit on a shelf and look pretty. Not tryen to knock you freezetron but come on man . This isn't something to complain about , I don't like cleaning much either but it's a part of this hobby and Life in general. If you wanna have fun , get used to it.....

Freezetron 06-15-2011 10:14 PM

If I can't blow it off with an air compressor, I don't wanna run in it. Simple as that. Oh and THunder, i'm sick of your shiat, so your on on my permaignore list until one of us dies. Talk all you want, I could care less, i've truly had it with you.

End of line

ThunderbirdJunkie 06-15-2011 10:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Freezetron

If I can't blow it off with an air compressor, I don't wanna run in it. Simple as that. Oh and THunder, i'm sick of your shiat, so your on on my permaignore list until one of us dies. Talk all you want, I could care less, i've truly had it with you.

End of line
Don't worry, there will be lots of people to quote ThunderbirdJunkie so you can see his wealth of knowledge and wisdom.

xerxes 06-15-2011 10:59 PM

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Don't worry, there will be lots of people to quote ThunderbirdJunkie so you can see his wealth of knowledge and wisdom.
not xerxes. i find ur welth of nowlege 2 b lackin in key areas

tabrown 06-15-2011 11:13 PM

I'm not gonna lie I love taking everything apart and cleaning it. Just seeing how everything works (even though I already know) I just love it! The only thing I hate (I don't know why, I just do) Is when I get new tires,front rear bumpers, etc I hate to run them and get them scratched up and dirty :( Once the first run is out of the way it's okay though. If you don't enjoy working on them or getting it muddy your in the wrong hobby, heck when bashing with the guys I bash with when a part is broken a picture is taken and you laugh. No matter how bad it is, for example: One of my buddys had ae-maxx (along with 22 other vehicles but ran the strike that night) and another running a brushless slash.) and another guy running had a slash 2wd brushless. He fired up the e-maxx made a run down to the other end of our small road we were running on and turn around to come back and BAM that slash SMASHED in that e-maxx. He ran for not even 15 seconds and it ripped the whole front left suspension off the chassis. He laughed his arse off, we took a few pictures and had a great night!

JUSTPASSEDU 06-15-2011 11:39 PM

End of line
You can blow anything off with an air compressor lol , it's just what your driving in that's your problem. That's just being lazy man , so if a bunch of people go out and there's some mud your not gonna ride with them the next time? This is all part of the hobby.

Thunderbirdjunkie why do you find the need to call yourself by your own name? , I have no problem with you but I see you do this in like all your posts , you must have allot of time on your hands , I like old thunderbirds but it makes you sound stupid. Think it's time for a change....you don't do this on rctech , why here?

ThunderbirdJunkie 06-15-2011 11:46 PM

ORIGINAL: JUSTPASSEDU

End of line
You can blow anything off with an air compressor lol , it's just what your driving in that's your problem. That's just being lazy man , so if a bunch of people go out and there's some mud your not gonna ride with them the next time? This is all part of the hobby.

Thunderbirdjunkie why do you find the need to call yourself by your own name? , I have no problem with you but I see you do this in like all your posts , you must have allot of time on your hands , I like old thunderbirds but it makes you sound stupid. Think it's time for a change....you don't do this on rctech , why here?
You must not be on RCTech much. ThunderbirdJunkie does the same thing on every forum he frequents ;)

Freezetron 06-15-2011 11:55 PM

EXACTLY

Freezetron 06-15-2011 11:57 PM

, so if a bunch of people go out and there's some mud your not gonna ride with them the next time?

EXACTLY. Because its not worth the extra work in my book. Have fun in mud, i'll be busy playing Halo reach

tabrown 06-16-2011 12:10 AM

Isn't that what the hobby is about? Getting out and having fun?

ThunderbirdJunkie 06-16-2011 12:12 AM

, so if a bunch of people go out and there's some mud your not gonna ride with them the next time?

EXACTLY. Because its not worth the extra work in my book. Have fun in mud, i'll be busy playing Halo reach
Don't mind ThunderbirdJunkie, just enjoying his outdated machine playing Duke Nukem 3D. And the only reason he's doing that is to pass the time between race days.

Enjoy your mind-numbing video games.

tabrown 06-16-2011 12:19 AM

Don't mind ThunderbirdJunkie, just enjoying his outdated machine playing Duke Nukem 3D. And the only reason he's doing that is to pass the time between race days.

Ever since I got into r/c my xbox slowly started to gather dust! R/C is deffinatly a hobby that will be in my life and will be passed on to my kids. I don't get why freeze dosn't like working on his stuff nor getting it muddy? I love it! It's just a MAJOR part of the hobby and I don't understand why you don't enjoy it? Aren't you sponserd? If I was sponserd Iwould be posting how to videos working and improving EVERYTHINGevery chance I get! I don't want to be mean but thats just a MAJOR part of the hobby and you don't enjoy getting it dirty/working on it? Just makes me wonder.

ThunderbirdJunkie 06-16-2011 12:23 AM

ORIGINAL: tabrown

Ever since I got into r/c my xbox slowly started to gather dust! R/C is deffinatly a hobby that will be in my life and will be passed on to my kids. I don't get why freeze dosn't like working on his stuff nor getting it muddy? I love it! It's just a MAJOR part of the hobby and I don't understand why you don't enjoy it? Aren't you sponserd? If I was sponserd I would be posting how to videos working and improving EVERYTHING every chance I get! I don't want to be mean but thats just a MAJOR part of the hobby and you don't enjoy getting it dirty/working on it? Just makes me wonder.
Freeze is a computer geek by nature. He drives a Honda Civic and cares about gas mileage. To him an RC car is a TOY not a HOBBY. Even at the level we're at, there are people that think like this. There's nothing inherently WRONG with it, but, it's obvious that he's not an ENTHUSIAST. He wouldn't buy a (shameless self-example here) 1987 Ford Thunderbird that chucked a rod through the block, work 5 hours and have a 306 with heads and a cam that he had sitting around in the car less than 24 hours later simply to have a working hot rod that could run 13s through the quarter simply because it requires actual EFFORT and getting DIRTY.

He'd probably freak at how much dust is packed into the heat sink on ThunderbirdJunkie's processor. If he can't blow it out with compressed air, then it's too much bother. That's how people are nowadays, it seems. If you can't push a button and get rid of the inconvenience of it, then it's not worth doing.

tabrown 06-16-2011 12:31 AM

Do you still have the thunderbird? I wanted to restore a chevelle but I can't afford it so I may build up a mk3 supra just something I can work on, then when I am 40 running my own R/C company I will have the money:D I absolutly love working on everything, first thing I do when I buy an rtr I take it apart just to see how this design is diffrent from the next.</p>

ThunderbirdJunkie 06-16-2011 12:34 AM

tabrown, ThunderbirdJunkie has finished lots of Thunderbirds. He's currently on the lookout for another '83-88 to stuff the 306 he has laying around so he can have another 30 mpg 350 hp toy :)

MK3 Supras are super cool cars...if you pick one up, send ThunderbirdJunkie some pictures.

And yeah, the first thing ThunderbirdJunkie does when he gets an RTR is strip it down and rebuild the thing. Mostly because there are inevitable flaws in the car from the building process, but mostly because it's better than trying to figure out how to take it apart while repairing it while either out bashing or racing[&:]

tabrown 06-16-2011 12:41 AM

Coming up this next weekend me and a few buddys are dropping his 383 stroker into his Irocz. Also I made the mistake of not checking the back of a velinion esc, I had to send it in because when the epxoy was poured it left a small uncovered spot in the center. So I took it mudding before Ichecked and well opps and it was fried:( But the mk3s are pretty nice, Ihave been helping a buddy with his 240sx, it has a s15 front end conversion turbod its pretty sweet. Ican't wait to get a vehicle to work on.

lez1troubles 06-16-2011 01:59 AM

Rain, mud and racing buggies, love it. Being in Belgium we get LOTS of rain but you have to know how to protect you kit.
Its not that difficult if you know what to do.
Freeztron, maybe you could start by putting a buggy body on you slash which will let the mud fly over the body instead of collecting under the body and screwing every thing up. It pretty easy to fabricate your own shock booties also to protect them from the eliments whether in wet or dry by just cutting the fingers off rubber gloves and pulling them over the shock spings.
You can make your own mud flaps using tupperwear plastic pots which will also keep alot of dirt and crud out your drive shafts on the rear axles where it gathers alot.
Recievers should be put inside balloons as should battery packs.
Bearings should be given a thick layer of grease as this will block dirt from getting inside and killing the bearings.
Freeztron, please dont hate the rain or muddy conditions. With the right set up you'll have a blast.
If you need help on the subject just pm me and I'll help you out.;)

Captain Terrific 06-16-2011 03:43 AM

[
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think the company that made Duke Nukem is coming out with a newer version.

Dave

FahrtAutoRC 06-16-2011 05:05 AM

Dood! of COURSE he doesnt wanna get it dirty, his sponsor (his DAD) might ground him!!!!!! Maybe you should stick to on road cars, kid, no dirt and when you post pictures of the same tired piece of crap WE dont have to sit here and see it. Ive got more in my motor/ESCthan you have in your whole truck and i am not skeered to get it dirty, actually stripping the whole truck down screw by screw and cleaning/rebuilding everything is very relaxing to me. And no worries, I will quote TBJ for you, and once you block me, my fiancee will jump on her profile and do it for both of us, then my lil bro will, and so-on and so-on.....

Eman77 06-16-2011 05:19 AM

Dude it's part of the hobby , I guess you don't race on a dirt track bc this is what happens when you do. Good thing you have a slash bc mostly any other car would not be able to be hosed down.
You can't hose down non-Traxxas vehicles? Guess I've been doing it wrong. [&:] But hey, I take the effort to pull the electronics first. I'm wacky like that.

sloppyG 06-16-2011 05:29 AM

make sure you clean off all your sponsorship stickers

you want to make your sponsor proud, don't make your dad cut your funds if he finds out you're putting mud over his sponsorship sticker

JUSTPASSEDU 06-16-2011 06:22 AM

ORIGINAL: tabrown

Ever since I got into r/c my xbox slowly started to gather dust! R/C is deffinatly a hobby that will be in my life and will be passed on to my kids. I don't get why freeze dosn't like working on his stuff nor getting it muddy? I love it! It's just a MAJOR part of the hobby and I don't understand why you don't enjoy it? Aren't you sponserd? If I was sponserd I would be posting how to videos working and improving EVERYTHING every chance I get! I don't want to be mean but thats just a MAJOR part of the hobby and you don't enjoy getting it dirty/working on it? Just makes me wonder.
Freeze is a computer geek by nature. He drives a Honda Civic and cares about gas mileage. To him an RC car is a TOY not a HOBBY. Even at the level we're at, there are people that think like this. There's nothing inherently WRONG with it, but, it's obvious that he's not an ENTHUSIAST. He wouldn't buy a (shameless self-example here) 1987 Ford Thunderbird that chucked a rod through the block, work 5 hours and have a 306 with heads and a cam that he had sitting around in the car less than 24 hours later simply to have a working hot rod that could run 13s through the quarter simply because it requires actual EFFORT and getting DIRTY.

He'd probably freak at how much dust is packed into the heat sink on ThunderbirdJunkie's processor. If he can't blow it out with compressed air, then it's too much bother. That's how people are nowadays, it seems. If you can't push a button and get rid of the inconvenience of it, then it's not worth doing.
I think I agree with you on this one. , the whole calling yourself by your name thing , very weird. You sound like a straight up Russian , they seem to like to call themselves by there own names. Anyway thunderbirdjunkie enjoy your thunderbirds , I am more of a vette guy , just sold my 06 c6 it was pushing about 505 horse power with some tuning and bolt ons.