RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   Official ECX Torment Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/10819029-official-ecx-torment-thread.html)

Sunfirefoot 11-18-2011 10:57 PM

Official ECX Torment Thread

9 Attachment(s)
So i ordered some new Axles, From Hobbytown, for my slash and they came in today, well while waiting for the kid to grab them from the back, something caught my eye, it was the 1/10 scale ECX Torment 2wd SC truck, well being the proud owner of 2 heavily modified Traxxas Slashes, i was curious, actually very curious. So i grabbed one, had the pro wire up a TRX connector on the stock ESC and out the door i went with a new SC truck for $170, exciting!!! Skeptical at first when i hit the track but to my surprise it was exceptionally agile and fast for a stock 20turn brushed motor and an RTR servo but that got boring fast lol its a great SC stock for a beginner and has an incredible 2.4ghz Spektrum TX/RX. Went back home and wired up My Castle Creations Sidewinder 4600KV system and threw in a metal gear servo, and back out i went but this time my brother tagged along with my Slash and it has the Same brushless system in it. Well at the track the Slash looked pathetic, the Torment was smoking my Slash, maybe it was the driver, IDK but i will say this, its well worth the $$$, its the same size as the Slash but quite a bit lighter and has a better steering radius, don't get me wrong i still and always will love my 2 Slashes (Truth & Dare) but this new Torment is excellent!!!!! Here's the link for mor info: http://www.ecxrc.com/Products/Defaul...ProdID=ECX4000

Attachment 2236826
Attachment 2236827
Attachment 2236828
Attachment 2236829
Attachment 2236830
Attachment 2236831
Attachment 2236832
Attachment 2236833
Attachment 2236834

fastandloud 11-19-2011 09:18 AM

RE: Official ECX Torment Thread

Nice to see someone pullin the trigger on one of these. The price is right and it looks ready for upgrades! Nice addition to the fleet sir.

Sunfirefoot 11-19-2011 09:55 AM

Thank you my Fellow Coloradoan!!!!!

nitrosportsandrunner 11-19-2011 11:51 AM

i havent seen the SCT up close, but got a good look at the boost buggy.
the arms/shock towers ect all look nice a beefy. yet they had some flex to them as well. very nice for a beginner RTR.
a hobby shop owner said he knows of a few guys running BL systems in them(this was a few months ago)

do you have a scale? it would be cool to weigh the two models.

anyone into racing knows that lighter equals faster.

is the ECX roar legal?

ThunderbirdJunkie 11-19-2011 11:57 AM

It's a good truck, but whoever soldered your Traxxas connector on should be hung.

Sunfirefoot 11-19-2011 12:58 PM

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

i havent seen the SCT up close, but got a good look at the boost buggy.
the arms/shock towers ect all look nice a beefy. yet they had some flex to them as well. very nice for a beginner RTR.
a hobby shop owner said he knows of a few guys running BL systems in them(this was a few months ago)

do you have a scale? it would be cool to weigh the two models.

anyone into racing knows that lighter equals faster.

is the ECX roar legal?

Its about 13 ounces lighter than the Slash :D

Sunfirefoot 11-19-2011 01:02 PM

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

It's a good truck, but whoever soldered your Traxxas connector on should be hung.
Yep its very good!!! As for the TRX connector, that was me, I soldered the female on the ESC and the Male on the batts because idk about you guys but at my local track there is always Battery moochers, and i hate saying no lol but it never fails every time i go there i get asked by someone to borrow a Pack but with my connectors backward and non-standardized its impossible to loan out my packs :D

biffff 11-19-2011 01:24 PM

I'm on the verge of ordering a 2wd Slash 2.4 ghz for my son for Xmas......See the Thread "Which Traxxas" This is about $80 cheaper and is 2.4ghz as well. Is this truck a wicked deall, or is the Slash worth $80 more? I know the Slash is proven, durable and parts/support are 1st rate.

87MagnumII 11-19-2011 02:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Sunfirefoot

Yep its very good!!! As for the TRX connector, that was me, I soldered the female on the ESC and the Male on the batts because idk about you guys but at my local track there is always Battery moochers, and i hate saying no lol but it never fails every time i go there i get asked by someone to borrow a Pack but with my connectors backward and non-standardized its impossible to loan out my packs :D

That is one hell of an idea!! Can I steal that or is it patented? Lol

Sunfirefoot 11-19-2011 03:45 PM

ORIGINAL: biffff

I'm on the verge of ordering a 2wd Slash 2.4 ghz for my son for Xmas......See the Thread ''Which Traxxas'' This is about $80 cheaper and is 2.4ghz as well. Is this truck a wicked deall, or is the Slash worth $80 more? I know the Slash is proven, durable and parts/support are 1st rate.
I read that Verrrryyyy heated thread, you're a good father for showing your kids this wonderful hobby!!! Its a great deal!!!! I own 2 slashes and the Torment is faster, lighter, more forgiving than my slashes. Today my bro and i were messing around in a dirt lot and we collided head on about half throttle, the Torment took the harder hit because of its weight but broke nothing, the Slash broke the front bumper. I have never seen a SC truck this low cost survive my bashing, i had a Rally Monster (CHEAPO PIECER) and it lasted 2 months for about the same price. Its a great deal, the spektrum TX/RX is excellent, the battery is good, the tires are super grippy. I'd say get it to save the $$$$$ and spend it on upgrades or whatever lol

Sunfirefoot 11-19-2011 03:46 PM

ORIGINAL: 87MagnumII

That is one hell of an idea!! Can I steal that or is it patented? Lol

Hahahaha oh please do!!!! It works everytime, Battery moochers just move on down the line when they see my connectors :D

Sunfirefoot 11-19-2011 03:50 PM

I'm on the verge of ordering a 2wd Slash 2.4 ghz for my son for Xmas......See the Thread ''Which Traxxas'' This is about $80 cheaper and is 2.4ghz as well. Is this truck a wicked deall, or is the Slash worth $80 more? I know the Slash is proven, durable and parts/support are 1st rate.

Forgot to mention, its designed and backed by Losi, so it does carry that name brand, just off stream.

biffff 11-19-2011 04:44 PM

Forgot to mention, its designed and backed by Losi, so it does carry that name brand, just off stream.

interesting? Few other questions: Does it come with Bearings throughout? Metal gears? and does it come with a battery/charger included?

biffff 11-19-2011 05:03 PM

Just thinking.......The Slash is waterproof, and I live in Eastern Canada........Its wet here 8 months of the year, and wet and snowy the other 4.

nitrosportsandrunner 11-19-2011 05:17 PM

i thought the ECX line was waterproof? maybe im thinking of the new Arrma line.

anyway, its still cheap enough. $40 more is a bit to pay just for waterproof electronics.

was reading and seems it is roar legal.

dude, the switched connectors makes sense to keep muchers away, but risks shorting your batts. all it takes is something metal to touch both prongs on the male connector and bye bye lipo!

Sunfirefoot 11-20-2011 07:40 AM

interesting? Few other questions: Does it come with Bearings throughout? Metal gears? and does it come with a battery/charger included?

Yep it has bearings throughout, The gears i'm not too sure about i will research that for you, and lastly yep it comes with a 1800 NIMH and a 5 hour charger.

Sunfirefoot 11-20-2011 07:43 AM

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

i thought the ECX line was waterproof? maybe im thinking of the new Arrma line.

anyway, its still cheap enough. $40 more is a bit to pay just for waterproof electronics.

was reading and seems it is roar legal.

dude, the switched connectors makes sense to keep muchers away, but risks shorting your batts. all it takes is something metal to touch both prongs on the male connector and bye bye lipo!
Yeah thats the Arrma line, The Fury is their 1/10 SC truck, that one looks nice as well Hmmmmm...... payday comes next week lol, True about the connector but the catch is its only with NIMH and NICD i do this because thats all i use. Not educated enough to use lipos lol and i hear if you don't know what your doing with them, you could blow yourself up!! :D

Sunfirefoot 11-20-2011 07:47 AM

Just thinking.......The Slash is waterproof, and I live in Eastern Canada........Its wet here 8 months of the year, and wet and snowy the other 4.
This is true, but also you can do the balloon method for the ESC and RX, and then waterproof your servo for pretty cheap. As nitrosportsandrunner said "$40 more is a bit to pay just for waterproof electronics"

thehuntingterminator 11-20-2011 10:44 AM

ti uses bearings throughout, plastic gears stock (they are coming out with metal gears as an upgrade), and yes battery and charger included.

srt10 11-20-2011 01:47 PM

they have one of these on display at my Hobbytown and I'de say, get this ECX!
and if you want waterproof get a can of this
I have the clear stuff and it works great to waterproof the electronics on any RC ;)

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/w...agerequest.jpg

Sunfirefoot 11-20-2011 02:30 PM

ORIGINAL: srt10

they have one of these on display at my Hobbytown and I'de say, get this ECX!
and if you want waterproof get a can of this
I have the clear stuff and it works great to waterproof the electronics on any RC ;)

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/w...agerequest.jpg
Yep!!! Got it from the Hobbytown in Longmont Actually, love that place, i have a Hobbytown 2 blocks from my house here in Ft. Co but they treat me like crap so i drive to Longmont.

Sunfirefoot 11-20-2011 09:45 PM

Word of advice, if you do purchase this SC, put heavier grease in the diff. Makes a world of difference in the traction. Oh and thread lock everything but that's a given lol :D

Sunfirefoot 11-23-2011 10:18 PM

Broke a driveshaft today but I had a spare from my slash, it fit perfectly!!!!

Sunfirefoot 11-26-2011 07:15 PM

Added custom gears today, made by my brother, I'll post the short video of its wheely's off of a 6 cell 2500 nimh battery and my brushless set up, it's intense!!!!

Sunfirefoot 11-26-2011 08:26 PM

Short Video of its wheel stands on 6 Cell 2500 Mah NIMH battery, Duratrax/Castle 3900 KV system, and custom spur/pinion. Sorry about the quality, and camera skills, its hard to navigate the TX and Camera at the same time, ENJOY!!!

Follow This Link:

http://s1122.photobucket.com/albums/...t=IMG_0175.mp4